Hippy loser dirt bags rejoice

Are you stoned again? Because it sounds like you're stoned again.

Can't believe I'm going to bother saying this to crayonz:

when you can't argue with the content...you attack the messenger, huh, crayonz?

And, no, I haven't touched the stuff for years. I'm not in the "you have an expense account, so get me some strippers and blow" business anymore.

Now, it's the "you have an expense account, so take all of us to Friday's, so we can all get umbrella drinks, and make everyone there assume you are our gay friend" business. :wallbash:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Violent crime is only 1 type of crime that results in incarceration.

Taking that statistic and leaping to most prisoners having committed intraracial crimes is a bit fuzzy.

I wonder whether violent crimes even make up the largest % of inmates in this country.

But even if violent crimes are the largest percent, and even if most inmates committed intraracial crimes, I still say that the makeup of this interracial country plays a large part in those numbers, and that more homogeneous populations don't experience the same things we see here that help to cause higher incarceration %'s.

The entire point I'm talking about with my post that caused you to start getting into it is pointing to drug crime (non-violent crime) as an overwhelming portion of our ridiculous prison rates. You point out that even if we cut it in half it would still be high, agreed...but cutting it in half would be a damn good start. And it is known that violent crime is primarily intraracial.

If ou are suggesting that our melting pot is partly to blame as well...that's fine but it doesn't discount any of the damningly obvious indictments against the war on drugs at least as I see it. If that is your intention then clarify.

If that is not your intention and you are just saying "ya but we're diverse too so more people are going to go to jail" then that's fine but it doesn't really address the subject. And in any event you're not really very specific about the reasons you think a more heterogeneous population causes more crime ... I'm not saying I disagree I'm just saying it is a separate issue. I do think the more heterogeneous population causes us problems other countries face to a much lower extent...most directly in education...and then education has a direct impact of wealth which flows directly into crime. So if that's the link you are suggesting I'm not opposing you. But it doesn't remotely discount the analysis in that article which (to me anyway) lays out a fairly damning indictment of our drug policy and it's effect on our prison crisis.

Edited by TheNewBills

This is why I hate pot. Not only does it make people stoned idiots all day it also cranks up their excuse-o-rama.

You're right! Nothing good has ever been created by people under the influence of pot. Nothing whatsoever. If not for pot, we'd never have to suffer through the horrific noise created by so called "musicians" such as The Beatles, Led Zeplin, Marvin Gaye, Bob Dylan, James Brown, Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana, Bob Marley, The Eagles, Miles Davis, Pink Floyd, Ray Charles, David Bowie, Grateful Dead, Stevie Vaughan, Tribe Called Quest, My Morning Jacket, Tupac, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Kings of Leon, Parliament, Tom Petty, Warren Zevon....

In a world without pot we'd finally get what the kind of music we all really want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=447yaU_4DF8

You're right! Nothing good has ever been created by people under the influence of pot. Nothing whatsoever. If not for pot, we'd never have to suffer through the horrific noise created by so called "musicians" such as The Beatles, Led Zeplin, Marvin Gaye, Bob Dylan, James Brown, Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana, Bob Marley, The Eagles, Miles Davis, Pink Floyd, Ray Charles, David Bowie, Grateful Dead, Stevie Vaughan, Tribe Called Quest, My Morning Jacket, Tupac, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Kings of Leon, Parliament, Tom Petty, Warren Zevon....

In a world without pot we'd finally get what the kind of music we all really want.

youtube.com/watch?v=447yaU_4DF8

While I agree with the premise, this is not the argument that convinces, or ends their stupidity.

We don't need one emotional argument to refute another. This is no different than putting the editors of High Times in charge of the message. :P

The best way to end the argument is to simply ask these people why they are in favor of providing criminals a multi-billion $ vehicle to gain money, power, and the ability to corrupt our government and ruin lives, while spending mutli-billion $ countering the effects/treating the symptoms of the vehicle they created.

They will try to wriggle out of it, but this is the central issue here. Don't distract. It's more fun to watch them wriggle.

youtube.com/watch?v=447yaU_4DF8

So if pot takes credit for all the supposably "great" music these people put out that is fine I guess. I guess it must also have to take credit for all the other stuff they did too or is that where the excuse o rama kicks in?

The Beatles - Married Yoko Ono; let Ringo Starr join the band

Led Zeplin - Wore jeans clearly made for girl; drummer puked himself to death

Marvin Gaye - Shot his father or maybe that was James Hardly but something happened

Bob Dylan - Where do I begin? Annoyed millions just by talking or singing or whatever the heck that is

James Brown - Beat the ever loving crap out of Tina Turner

Bruce Springsteen - Completely and utterly sucks.....plus the wife who inspired the internet sensation the annoying orange

Nirvana - See entry for Beatles replace the part which says "Yoko Ono" with the phrase "Courtney Love",

Bob Marley - Begat Ziggy

The Eagles - In contention with Belgium and Belgiums for most boring in history award.

Miles Davis - I like this dude....don't know if he ever smoked

Pink Floyd - 80% of band doesn't get along; 20% lives in a mental institution

Ray Charles - I think there is something positive here inasmuch as he disproved the idiotic theory that pot cures glaucoma.

David Bowie - Started the slippery slope that gave us Boy George

Grateful Dead - If it weren't for The Eagles and Belgium they would at least be the best at something. I will give them credit for the bear stickers and skull stickers on cars which make idiots easy to identify. I hope I don't get suspended for this

Stevie Vaughan - Kinda liked him

Tribe Called Quest - Never heard of him but he must have been stoned when he named his band

My Morning Jacket - How many coats do you Hollywood types need in one day anyway?

Tupac - Pot smoking leads to a gang war.....nice case you're making here.

Otis Redding - I think all that partying in Animal House was for the sake of the movie dude. You write crap like that; you should know a lot of it is made up

Sam Cooke - Doped up and fooled by a loose woman and look what it got him

Kings of Leon - We're digging here when we use the word music aren't we?

Parliament - Great, talented and original and the best they can end up doing is a cameo in a Jeremy Piven movie? Can you say wasted potential?

Tom Petty - See Bob Dylan; add ridiculous hair and a human birthday cake ,

Warren Zevon - I can see including this dude if you are somehow making an alphabetical list and need a way to end it but you weren't making an alphabetical list unless of course you are stoned again.

P.S. You forgot those great musicians Cheech and Chong and their big hit Sister Mary Elizabeth.

You're right! Nothing good has ever been created by people under the influence of pot. Nothing whatsoever. If not for pot, we'd never have to suffer through the horrific noise created by so called "musicians" such as [...] Stevie Vaughan...

You misspelled "coke".

...Tom Petty....

You arguing for or against pot?

So if pot takes credit for all the supposably "great" music these people put out that is fine I guess. I guess it must also have to take credit for all the other stuff they did too or is that where the excuse o rama kicks in?

Marvin Gaye - Shot his father or maybe that was James Hardly but something happened

Bob Dylan - Where do I begin? Annoyed millions just by talking or singing or whatever the heck that is

Bruce Springsteen - Completely and utterly sucks.....plus the wife who inspired the internet sensation the annoying orange

Nirvana - See entry for Beatles replace the part which says "Yoko Ono" with the phrase "Courtney Love",

Bob Marley - Begat Ziggy

The Eagles - In contention with Belgium and Belgiums for most boring in history award.

Ray Charles - I think there is something positive here inasmuch as he disproved the idiotic theory that pot cures glaucoma.

Grateful Dead - If it weren't for The Eagles and Belgium they would at least be the best at something. I will give them credit for the bear stickers and skull stickers on cars which make idiots easy to identify. I hope I don't get suspended for this

Tribe Called Quest - Never heard of him but he must have been stoned when he named his band

My Morning Jacket - How many coats do you Hollywood types need in one day anyway?

Otis Redding - I think all that partying in Animal House was for the sake of the movie dude. You write crap like that; you should know a lot of it is made up

Parliament - Great, talented and original and the best they can end up doing is a cameo in a Jeremy Piven movie? Can you say wasted potential?

Warren Zevon - I can see including this dude if you are somehow making an alphabetical list and need a way to end it but you weren't making an alphabetical list unless of course you are stoned again.

P.S. You forgot those great musicians Cheech and Chong and their big hit Sister Mary Elizabeth.

I had no idea Ringo Starr played for Nirvana.

The best way to end the argument is to simply ask these people why they are in favor of providing criminals a multi-billion $ vehicle to gain money, power, and the ability to corrupt our government and ruin lives, while spending mutli-billion $ countering the effects/treating the symptoms of the vehicle they created.

They will try to wriggle out of it, but this is the central issue here. Don't distract. It's more fun to watch them wriggle.

How about the premise that living in a world free of morons running around asking what if up is really down and down is really up.....whoa maaaaaaan...... is worth the risk of spending billions and possibly getting no results? I would personally spend at least $25B if I never had to see one of these dopes on TV wasting their lives and yammering on about pot as if it were the only friggin thing of any value on the entire Earth meanwhile their kid is at home and unable to come to grips with the concept of work because he has never seen daddy or mommy do anything difficult except try to piece together a logical argument for glorifying the use of drug which when taken strips them of the ability to use logic at all. And your doped up argument that there would be no criminality or black market in pot if it were only legalized so you could stop feeling guilt for doing something which is clearly wrong simply because Mr. government says it is ok so it must be ok is laughable. Do you think there is anyone making money off illegal cigarettes or booze? Why would that be different with pot?

I had no idea Ringo Starr played for Nirvana.

Neither did he or they because they were all friggin stoned.

We were discussing this at work, and ultimately we all agreed: we're good with it as long as the court appearances are televised. "Like, whoa, dude...I'm so, like, totally not guilty...Are you wearin' a dress? Duuuuude..."

Jeff Spicoli and Otto the bus driver meet Judge Wapner.

Bob Marley - Begat Ziggy

:lol: You are on a roll here. If kurt hadn't blown his brains out I am sure he would have got a chuckle on the Nervana remark.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

The entire point I'm talking about with my post that caused you to start getting into it is pointing to drug crime (non-violent crime) as an overwhelming portion of our ridiculous prison rates. You point out that even if we cut it in half it would still be high, agreed...but cutting it in half would be a damn good start. And it is known that violent crime is primarily intraracial.

If ou are suggesting that our melting pot is partly to blame as well...that's fine but it doesn't discount any of the damningly obvious indictments against the war on drugs at least as I see it. If that is your intention then clarify.

If that is not your intention and you are just saying "ya but we're diverse too so more people are going to go to jail" then that's fine but it doesn't really address the subject. And in any event you're not really very specific about the reasons you think a more heterogeneous population causes more crime ... I'm not saying I disagree I'm just saying it is a separate issue. I do think the more heterogeneous population causes us problems other countries face to a much lower extent...most directly in education...and then education has a direct impact of wealth which flows directly into crime. So if that's the link you are suggesting I'm not opposing you. But it doesn't remotely discount the analysis in that article which (to me anyway) lays out a fairly damning indictment of our drug policy and it's effect on our prison crisis.

I apologize. I should have realized you can't read.

P.S. You forgot those great musicians Cheech and Chong and their big hit Sister Mary Elizabeth

1.) the title to the song is Sister Mary Elephant found on the album "Big Bambu" which featured an album cover made to look like a giant pack of rolling papers with 1 paper remaining (left for the real Cheech and Chong experience)

2.)class, .....class, ......CLASSS,.... SHADDD-UPPPPPP!!!!!! :lol:

Bob Marley - Begat Ziggy

:lol: :lol:

Thank you for making my day.

:worthy:

You misspelled "coke".

:lol: This is true.

You arguing for or against pot?

While my post was most certainly in jest, it surprises me that Petty isn't near the top of more people's list. His hit list has to put Petty up there in the upper echelons of Rock history. Doesn't it? Politics aside, the dude has made some great music.

We were discussing this at work, and ultimately we all agreed: we're good with it as long as the court appearances are televised. "Like, whoa, dude...I'm so, like, totally not guilty...Are you wearin' a dress? Duuuuude..."

Jeff Spicoli and Otto the bus driver meet Judge Wapner.

I would TOTALLY watch that show.

Violent crime is only 1 type of crime that results in incarceration. Taking that statistic and leaping to most prisoners having committed intraracial crimes is a bit fuzzy.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I was making a statement on violent crime.

And perhaps I was giving TheNewBills too much credit. :D

I wonder whether violent crimes even make up the largest % of inmates in this country.

They do in state prisons.

But even if violent crimes are the largest percent, and even if most inmates committed intraracial crimes, I still say that the makeup of this interracial country plays a large part in those numbers, and that more homogeneous populations don't experience the same things we see here that help to cause higher incarceration %'s.

And what would those things be?

Honestly, I think that stupid laws and policy changes have driven higher incarcerations percentages more than anything else. IMO, the only people that really need incarceration are the violent offenders and only a small number of nonviolent offenders.

Edited by LeviF91

How about the premise that living in a world free of morons running around asking what if up is really down and down is really up.....whoa maaaaaaan...... is worth the risk of spending billions and possibly getting no results? I would personally spend at least $25B if I never had to see one of these dopes on TV wasting their lives and yammering on about pot as if it were the only friggin thing of any value on the entire Earth meanwhile their kid is at home and unable to come to grips with the concept of work because he has never seen daddy or mommy do anything difficult except try to piece together a logical argument for glorifying the use of drug which when taken strips them of the ability to use logic at all. And your doped up argument that there would be no criminality or black market in pot if it were only legalized so you could stop feeling guilt for doing something which is clearly wrong simply because Mr. government says it is ok so it must be ok is laughable. Do you think there is anyone making money off illegal cigarettes or booze? Why would that be different with pot?

How much money does Jack Daniels make....compared to moonshiners?

Why would Pfizer cocaine be any different? Do you really think the jackass on the corner, or the series of jackasses leading up to him, can compete with our pharma companies on quality or price? Please. Never mind the fact that you can sue the hell out of them, if they don't deliver the goods? Who should we see if they guy on the corner cuts his stuff with draino?

Yeah, there goes that emotional argument disguised to look factual.

The fact that mommy, daddy?, whoever, is an idiot, has nothing to do with whether drugs are legal or not.

Case in point: people that can't get a hold of Jack Daniels, find a way to get a hold of sterno. Now, should we make sterno illegal, because some clown drinks that? Why not? Clearly drinking sterno is just as bad for you as any poorly cut/made drugs. The fact that somebody would even consider drinking sterno, shows that Jack Daniels, or moonshine is not the problem. The problem is the person.

While my post was most certainly in jest, it surprises me that Petty isn't near the top of more people's list. His hit list has to put Petty up there in the upper echelons of Rock history. Doesn't it? Politics aside, the dude has made some great music.

Well she was an Amereecun girl

raised on PROMEESEZ!

Yeah, quite a list of charting hits. Right up there with Tony Orlando and Dawn.

Edit: and I have to wonder how much material you plagiarize from here. Between my early Assyrian fertility idol* post earlier, and crayonz' music critique...how do your scripts NOT write themselves?

*That's twice in one day, bitches! :worthy:

Edited by DC Tom

Yeah, quite a list of charting hits. Right up there with Tony Orlando and Dawn.

Edit: and I have to wonder how much material you plagiarize from here. Between my early Assyrian fertility idol* post earlier, and crayonz' music critique...how do your scripts NOT write themselves?

*That's twice in one day, bitches! :worthy:

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. It's not plagiarism. It's inspiration. BIG difference.

Please don't sue :oops:

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. It's not plagiarism. It's inspiration. BIG difference.

Please don't sue :oops:

If I ever hear a movie character say anything about Assyrian fertility idols, followed by "Twice in one day, bitches!", I'm bragging to all my friends...

...well, to my friend.

Okay, to my wife.