(OT) Yankees sign Tino Martinez

Like A Mofo

As a red sox fan its a shame that you guys got tino because thats one guy who i respect. Oh well fug em now he is on the dark side again. Enjoy another year without the trophy!

185858[/snapback]

I'm not a Yankee or Red Sox fan, but a Sox fan calling the Yankees out on WS trophies is so fuggin stupid I had to duct tape my head to keep it from exploding.

well the shoe is on the other foot right now. The Yankees fans always gave sox fans sh-- about winning all the time. Well the Sox won this time so I can say what I want for the next 10 months.

I'm not a Yankee or Red Sox fan, but a Sox fan calling the Yankees out on WS trophies is so fuggin stupid I had to duct tape my head to keep it from exploding.

185878[/snapback]

He has leadership and heart. This is what the Yankees team lost when he left and Paul Oneill retired.

185866[/snapback]

That's exactly what I was thinking. He was my favorite Yankee and O'Neil was right behind. That's the reason the Yankees stopping winning the championships...they sold their heart and soul for higher priced players. They did the same thing last offseason with Andy Pettite. :ph34r:

I have to admit as a Red Sox fan...I always thought Tino was ok...but I think his better years have passed himed by...I know Roger Clemens..my friends, he is no Roger Clemens (with regards to age and performance)

185907[/snapback]

Look at his numbers since he left NY.

The guy is F-I-N-I-S-H-E-D.

He should have retired after the 2001 season.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  He was my favorite Yankee and O'Neil was right behind.  That's the reason the Yankees stopping winning the championships...they sold their heart and soul for higher priced players.  They did the same thing last offseason with Andy Pettite.  :ph34r:

185983[/snapback]

Tino Martinez is a much better first baseman than "overrated' Jason Giambi.