Sunday Ticket

Alright, so I'll share my Sunday Ticket success story:

I've been a DTV subscriber since 2005; currently I'm bundled with AT&T for their Uverse internet service. I've always wanted Sunday Ticket but just couldn't commit to buying it until this year. I called yesterday to see what discount I could get. I used the magic words, saying "cancel..... cancel" at the voice prompts to reach a representative. The lady was nice but she didn't offer any discount so I told her I'd have to "discuss with my wife" if I would buy ST at full price.

Fast-forward to today, just a few minutes ago. Called again using the prompts and got a very nice lady who's a Cowboys fan. She pitched the idea of the Sunday Ticket Max with the features it has (30-minute game replays, Red Zone Channel, etc). I made sure she knew I'd be interested in Sunday Ticket or Sunday Ticket Max if the price was right. She offered ST Max to me for 4 payments of $36.99: A total of $147.96, which is half-price for the package. I jumped at that offer and now I'm all set to watch the Buffalo Bills this season from the comforts of my own TV. Very excited!

Edited by Mike In Illinois

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that may be one of their tricks. I told the person I just wanted the $199 deal at a discount, so she offered me a $5 and $10 credit for 3 months more due to the Viacom issue, in addition she gave me $15 off of ST for two months, then a $25 credit for one month, so basically would have cost me a total of $85. So took the deal.

Next day go online and see I got charged another fee for the Max and one of the credits was missing, called up said I never ordered the max, first guy I talk to says well you want it, I'll give it to you for free, but he couldn't take care of the credit had to transfer me to someone else, this guys wouldn't give me both, either the credit or max, I had to choose, so I took the credit.

Two weeks later I see I have a free max upgrade on my account, but also a fee for max, so called again, explained how you can easily see I have a free max upgrade offer, but also charge, appears to be a mistake. So finally got the fee removed and max upgrade all for a net fee of $85. Took me around five or six phone calls, complained about their lousy customer service, how many times I'd get disconnected, ironically while I'm explaining to the supervisor about how often I'd get disconnected ..... we got disconnected. He did call me back though, at that point was to the laughable stage. So am happy, but took alot of effort to get the deal it seemed.

Thinking about it, probably should go online again and make sure they didn't sneak the fee back on my account again! :)

If you have been a subscriber to Sunday Ticket Direct TV is going to try and bill you six payments of $49.95 about $300. They advertise it for $199. So I called and they told me I had NFL Sunday Ticket Max. Meaning that I could watch games on my phone if I wanted too. If you tell them you don't want the Max they will transfer you to someone else that will give you the Max for $210.

Question on the Mix channel,

Is there are way to switch which game of the eight has the audio feed turned on?

Second, is there a way to jump to that station to watch that particular game?

Yes move curso using black arrows to channel ya want audio. Once on that channel hit select to switch to channel with that game

That would have been my guess, but when I hit Right arrow I get message pops up "loading TV apps, this may take a moment" then nothing happens; Left arrow takes me to the list command, down does nothing and up takes me to the Quick tune menu.

You have to wait a while when on mix till menu shows up ( red button). Once. That shows right left and down up,arrows work just fine

Just tried it on my other TV which does have an HD DVR attached and it works as you described. Maybe TV apps just doesn't work at all on receivers?? Only DVR's??

I'll try posting again during week when more DTV experts are around, maybe they will know. Thanks for the suggestions

BTW, I'm down the road from you in Wilmington.

Just tried it on my other TV which does have an HD DVR attached and it works as you described. Maybe TV apps just doesn't work at all on receivers?? Only DVR's??

I'll try posting again during week when more DTV experts are around, maybe they will know. Thanks for the suggestions

BTW, I'm down the road from you in Wilmington.

Tv apps work on dvrs as well but supposed to be turned off on interactive channels. Last year I had similar issue and that after a reset of receiver worked. Try resetting the hd receiver it should work same on both. Nice day in nc here today to bad football sucked. You will love Sunday ticket get Sirius radio and listen to murph call games versus morons on CBS etc

Finally called to cancel DirecTV. I have been a customer since the 90's with C band , but I cancelled for real in 2008, so my record only shows a customer since then. Anyways I called to say ATT Uverse is offering a better deal right now and I want to cancel. Right away they offered Sunday Ticket for free with a 1 year commitment and lowered my monthly bill by dropping HD receivers monthly charges by $8 a month. Feels good to get it for free since I paid full price last year.

I called and started the dance last week, the woman wasn't offering anything since I keep the lowest package (family) and I said I think we have to cancel, but I will talk to the wife. I checked online and saw that I had been cancelled.

Early this week they sent an email asking me to fill out a survey, I filled it out and in the free text area, explained that everyone is getting Sunday ticket free but me, sI also said that I was not satisfied by my customer rep and thanks but get the equipment out of here.

I got the call last night, the woman explained since I was there since 1998, I would get it free, also the on-the go stuff was included (which I think is standard). I will check next week to see if I have the Max package or just regular (I just watch the Bills game anyway).

I completely cancelled today (because I signed up for Sunday ticket abck in May of this year for $199) retention called me offering it to me for free - once you basically say F off I'll pay $300 to cancel instead of paying you $1700 for the next 17 months - they get the hint. So I got sunday ticket max for free now

Edited by elcrusho

I reset my receiver over the weekend. the arrow keys worked properly today was able to switch between games, so guess it just needed a reboot to fix it. Seems the DTV boxes all need to be reset every month or so. I have the new believe it's called HHR ore something?? 5 tuners, holds 200 hours of HD, but seem to be many bugs in the software, have to reset it once a month or so.

Tv apps work on dvrs as well but supposed to be turned off on interactive channels. Last year I had similar issue and that after a reset of receiver worked. Try resetting the hd receiver it should work same on both. Nice day in nc here today to bad football sucked. You will love Sunday ticket get Sirius radio and listen to murph call games versus morons on CBS etc

I reset my receiver over the weekend. the arrow keys worked properly today was able to switch between games, so guess it just needed a reboot to fix it. Seems the DTV boxes all need to be reset every month or so. I have the new believe it's called HHR ore something?? 5 tuners, holds 200 hours of HD, but seem to be many bugs in the software, have to reset it once a month or so.

Told ya that would fix it. I reset mine weekly PM me for why

I have to agree with the sentiment on their customer service. Not once, but twice,I had appointments to have them come and do work and had them not only be late, but simply fail to show up at all that day despite in one case having an 8-12 appointment and in both cases me calling their dispatcher every 30 mins after they were an hour late. Inexcusable in my book, especially when they require someone to be home at the time (ie., take a day off). I'm only there for the Ticket (although when we moved two years ago my last installer was pretty competent and timely....

yes, but these are subcontractors, not DirectV employees....non the less, they can be difficult. I found that I have to watch them work to get exactly what I want....mount the dsi 9 inches to high (on the deck), I make them move it down! But, I have found they are technically competant, and that covers a lot of sins.