Terrific History Channel Memorial Weekend lineup!

Beerball

SciFi has 'oddities' marathon, and Discovery has Mythbusters.....kick ass!!!!!

Today American Pickers & Pawn Stars. Tomorrow Pawn Stars. <_<

I have nothing against either show; I watch both from time to time, but is that the best they can do this weekend?

Edited by The Poojer

Today American Pickers & Pawn Stars. Tomorrow Pawn Stars. <_<

I have nothing against either show; I watch both from time to time, but is that the best they can do this weekend?

Do they ave any kind of History on the History Channel ?

AMC (if you can sit through the endless commercials) FMC and TCM are running some good war flicks, which should be the norm on Memorial Day weekend...caught the final hour of The Longest Day earlier this morning on FMC; one of the greatest WWII movies ever made.

Edited by Ned Flanders

The History channel used to be one of my favorites. They have taken an elevator to hell the past few years with their programming. Ancient Aliens, Pawn Stars, etc... I go to National Geographic Channel or Discovery for shows the history channel used to offer. History should be showing all memorial day specials this weekend. Very sad.

The History channel used to be one of my favorites. They have taken an elevator to hell the past few years with their programming. Ancient Aliens, Pawn Stars, etc... I go to National Geographic Channel or Discovery for shows the history channel used to offer. History should be showing all memorial day specials this weekend. Very sad.

Military channel.

Spike has a Band of Brothers marathon on Monday. Not sure if it's every episode.

Love band of brothers. It's incredible to hear the real soldiers being interviewed between episodes as well. If I'm not mistaken I believe the real major winters recently passed away

Military channel.

Love Military Channel. Watching it now as a matter of fact, World War I in Colour.

Another channel that grew on me was GreenTV. They did alot of stuff on ancient Egypt. But now they're re-branding themselves as Destination America. Looks like more half assed Americana reality TV :(

Love band of brothers. It's incredible to hear the real soldiers being interviewed between episodes as well. If I'm not mistaken I believe the real major winters recently passed away

Yes, Dick Winters died a couple years ago :( A true American hero. And anybody named Dick I tend to make fun of. But not him :worthy:

Do they ave any kind of History on the History Channel ?

Actually, American Pickers and Pawn Stars have more to do with History then alot of the other shows they have on. Both deal with items from the past, and they do go into some detail about the items and their history.

Love Military Channel. Watching it now as a matter of fact, World War I in Colour.

Another channel that grew on me was GreenTV. They did alot of stuff on ancient Egypt. But now they're re-branding themselves as Destination America. Looks like more half assed Americana reality TV :(

Yes, Dick Winters died a couple years ago :( A true American hero. And anybody named Dick I tend to make fun of. But not him :worthy:

Dick will go down in history as a true America hero and I cannot believe he survived the war. He was a true leader with courage and integrity and put his men first. He was also a damn good small unit tactican. Some of what he did is taught at army OCS