Bills 3 double digit sack guys

He'll make it, we still don't have a lot of 43 ends and this year he can get back to what he did in college and that's hand in the dirt and QBs on their backs.

Ahh, Joe Klecko loved watching that guy and his crazy sideways stance.

If I was a betting man you'd be losing some coin :P

Danny Batten making the final 53: unlikely

Danny Batten becoming a starter: highly improbable

Danny Batten being top four in sacks next year: impossible

Danny Batten getting double-digit sacks: fantasy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny Batten making the final 53: unlikely

Danny Batten becoming a starter: highly improbable

Danny Batten being top four in sacks next year: impossible

Danny Batten getting double-digit sacks: fantasy

Hopefully Batten puts this in his locker.

We have Mario, Anderson, Kelsey, Merriman and moats. Will moats play LB? He's a pass rusher, that's all that he is. He does NOTHING else well. Worthless as a LB in the 4-3. IMO, moats is a much better pass rusher than Batten. If we had to choose between the two (which is likely), I can't see how we would keep Batten. He better be in the weight room every hour and come to camp a changed man physically. The other 4 vets are MUCH better than Batten. Yes, Kelsey is too. Batten has done absolutely nothing on the football field, and you say he's going to get TEN sacks? Lol.

Batten is and DE and Moats is still listed as an OLB. Batten Played ahead of Moats and was starting to get to the QB when he got a ruffing the "fairy" penalty and the coaches yanked him. If They let him keep playing would have had a productive second half of the season last year.

How the hell did Klecko get 20.5 sacks as a DT/NT??? Amazing!

He could forklift guys and carry them back to the quarterback.

He was "country boy" strong with great quickness and leverage. Great motor, one of the most underrated football players of his time.

He could play end, tackle, nose… just an amazing football player.

I don't know if you saw any of the dominating games that Justin Smith had last year for SF but his play reminded me of Joe Klecko.

If Kyle Williams returns to form and Merriman has any chance at returning to form this team could have a sick pass rush. The run defense should also improve with Williams and Dareus clogging up the middle.

Yes - this is the time of year when my mind fills with "what ifs" with the Bills. I sometimes, while at work, imagine how good they can be. Every year I am optimistic - partly because the organization is so good at selling hope, partly because its an increasing statistical probability that they will become good, and partly because they've been good at adding promising players who might work out - Owens, Merriman, Bledsoe all come to mind here.

But this year feels different to me. For one, I am prone to being a realist of late with Buffalo. I know the season probably will hinge on injuries and the play of the QB, those two factors being the difference between an 8-8 season and a 12-4 season. Really, you take away Mario Williams and our defense looks not tremendously better than last year, save for the rookies and guys coming back from injury.

But, the switch to the 4-3 allows the two very good DT's to work together, which should stifle the inside run and also allow each to gain penetration, something they already excel at considering their position. Add to that the group of pass rushers we've assembled, not excluding Merriman, because he could get there this year, and that D-line looks more formidable than even the Giants of recent years, and that line has just about single handedly been responsible for a super-bowl and another super season.

Our secondary could be special, too - if the players we've aquired pan out. As for the linebackers - we've got guys of all shapes and sizes, and each looks to have potential.

If Dave Wannstedt can't make this group of hungry talent one of the best defensive groups in the league, then he's lost something. I expect our D-line to have 3 pro-bowl players on it. I think we'll have one or two probowlers in the secondary, as well.

I've rambled long enough here - and who knows how the paper team will play in September and beyond, but I am confident in my predictions because the guys I'm speaking of (K.Williams and Dareus, especially) played hard, tough, and had success without the supporting cast. These guys will only get better.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Carrington might have a big year. He played adequate as a 3-4 LB rotation and I think he could be something special as a DE.

I wish you are right with that - I've been a big Carrington fan since his first year. I've just felt he hasn't been given much of a chance, and he seems like he'd make a great run-stuffing end who sometimes got in on a sack. We'll see, but he's the guy I think, more than any other of the 3-4 transition to the 4-3, who if we let him go would end up making it big somewhere else. I hope he proves himself worth the roster spot, and is given the chance.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Carrington might have a big year. He played adequate as a 3-4 LB rotation and I think he could be something special as a DE.

I wish you are right with that - I've been a big Carrington fan since his first year. I've just felt he hasn't been given much of a chance, and he seems like he'd make a great run-stuffing end who sometimes got in on a sack. We'll see, but he's the guy I think, more than any other of the 3-4 transition to the 4-3, who if we let him go would end up making it big somewhere else. I hope he proves himself worth the roster spot, and is given the chance.

I could be wrong but I believe Carrington is being shifted to DT.

:w00t: Barbarian you base this on what? Danny Battens whole half a sack in his career? The fact he is behind Morrison, Moats and Bradham on the roster? Hell be lucky to make the squad

It's becoming clear that Barbarian just likes to position himself among the unique minority by making outlandish claims.

I suppose it puts him in limited company should the day to say 'I told you so' ever arise.