Saints shouldn't give brees a long term deal

Agreed.

I hate the system argument sooo much. I hear it with Brady all the time too. Who isn't a system QB?

You know who would be really good in a Bills uni? Drew Brees. Different system, but I bet the same results. Why? Cause the dude is a HOF QB.

No he isn't. He has had a few good seasons in the perfect situation for him. He is not even close to a HOF QB and not worth a long term deal and he would NOT put up 5000 passing yards in Buffalo.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he isn't. He has had a few good seasons in the perfect situation for him. He is not even close to a HOF QB and not worth a long term deal and he would NOT put up 5000 passing yards in Buffalo.

What kind of stats would you expect from him in buffalo? Just curious.

Also what qbs are worth a deal if he's not?

someone mentioned this a while back, oh ya it was me. He agrees

John Czarnekci-

to me, Brees is a product of the Saints’ remarkable offensive system, one designed by Payton to utilize his quick-strike strengths, his ability to roll out and his mind to remember every detail of the offense. Yes, he shattered Dan Marino’s single-season passing record with 5,476 yards in 2011, but I can’t honestly say that Brees is a better quarterback than Marino, whose physical skills and quick release put him on a different level. Brees could beat Marino in a foot race, but that’s about it.

This is ridiculous. The "system" required him to master a complicated offense, make every throw in the book to 5-6 different receivers, and carry the team on his back due to a very erratic running game.

They have a strong running game:. Thomas averaged over 5 ypc, sproles almost 7 Ingram had a solid rookie year. Question is why didn't they run more? Brees knowing he had a contract coming at end of season most likely padding his own stats. His offseason rants about getting paid for his passing stats support that.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like tomorrow might be the end of this "debate"

Sound like he should be wrapped up long term by the weekend.

Guess we will see if the rumors are true

The guy deserves a pay day, but this is beyond ridiculous it has gone so long.