Pacquiao, "gay men should be put to death"

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wasting your time here, tgreg99. 3rdnlng can't understand the difference between gay sex and gay marriage because - like Manny and like anyone who blindly follows organized religion - he is of low intelligence.

This thread has no purpose anymore. For one thing, we now know that Manny never said gays should be put to death. It was a terribly written summary of an interview with Manny that has spiraled out of control in the media and internet. All we have left here is another public person giving a religion-based opinion on a political subject; he has every right to say it, but must also face the consequences of this opinion. Nothing more needs to be said.

As for the gay marriage debate, it's a dead end. We dealt with it here last week. Religious people aren't interested in questioning why their imaginary God doesn't like gay people. A lot of people, in fact, just plain don't like gay people because they're different from themselves; God of the Abrahamic religions then becomes a convenient scapegoat behind whom they can hide their bigotry without suffering the usual public castigation for such an offensive opinion.

This gay marriage issue is itself a convenient scapegoat for the collapse of the traditional family, which many believe will in turn lead to the collapse of civilization. It's all a very specious argument, bordering on ridiculous when us heterosexuals have done more than our fair share to destroy the credibility of marriage in the past 40 years. Manny Pacquiao, who has cheated many times on his wife, is a typical hypocrite among the anti-gay marriage crowd who should probably be more concerned with his own faults first before worrying about the imaginary faults of those that his imaginary God says are immoral.

Not only do you continue with your elitist approach, you continue to misconstrue the points many were making in that other thread you reference in order to forward your agenda. You then talk about the"hypocrisy" of the faithful and how intolerant they are while at the same time showing a level of bigotry and intolerance twoards them on par or worse than they have ever shown towards homosexuals.

You wont even acknowledge the moral conflict many are having with the issue as their positions change and evolve over time. You wont respect why they may feel the way they do and where those feelings come from. Evidently, only Barry Soetoro is "permitted" to "evolve" on the issue. The rest of us are just knuckle-dragging bigots and always will be, according to you.

You really are a complete utter !@#$ing !@#$.

Edited by RkFast

You're wasting your time here, tgreg99. 3rdnlng can't understand the difference between gay sex and gay marriage because - like Manny and like anyone who blindly follows organized religion - he is of low intelligence.

This thread has no purpose anymore. For one thing, we now know that Manny never said gays should be put to death. It was a terribly written summary of an interview with Manny that has spiraled out of control in the media and internet. All we have left here is another public person giving a religion-based opinion on a political subject; he has every right to say it, but must also face the consequences of this opinion. Nothing more needs to be said.

As for the gay marriage debate, it's a dead end. We dealt with it here last week. Religious people aren't interested in questioning why their imaginary God doesn't like gay people. A lot of people, in fact, just plain don't like gay people because they're different from themselves; God of the Abrahamic religions then becomes a convenient scapegoat behind whom they can hide their bigotry without suffering the usual public castigation for such an offensive opinion.

This gay marriage issue is itself a convenient scapegoat for the collapse of the traditional family, which many believe will in turn lead to the collapse of civilization. It's all a very specious argument, bordering on ridiculous when us heterosexuals have done more than our fair share to destroy the credibility of marriage in the past 40 years. Manny Pacquiao, who has cheated many times on his wife, is a typical hypocrite among the anti-gay marriage crowd who should probably be more concerned with his own faults first before worrying about the imaginary faults of those that his imaginary God says are immoral.

Damn, you are a dumbass. What does religion have to do with me stating that the federal government should stay out of the dicks up asses issue? This whole thing has been pushed by Obama in order to take the focus off the real problems. Really, fairness, war on woman, general class warfare, free contraceptives, dicks up asses are issues that supercede the economy and such real issues as security and freedom? What's your deal, you only come over here to PPP to knock religion and stick up for gayness? Don't you have other concerns? You attack me and accuse me of being some religious zealot when all I said is the federal government should stay out of the dicks up asses issue.

Damn, you are a dumbass. What does religion have to do with me stating that the federal government should stay out of the dicks up asses issue? This whole thing has been pushed by Obama in order to take the focus off the real problems. Really, fairness, war on woman, general class warfare, free contraceptives, dicks up asses are issues that supercede the economy and such real issues as security and freedom? What's your deal, you only come over here to PPP to knock religion and stick up for gayness? Don't you have other concerns? You attack me and accuse me of being some religious zealot when all I said is the federal government should stay out of the dicks up asses issue.

Uh Oh. John Adams the caped crusader for gayness is going to be all over you ass for those comments.

:lol:

Look I'm not blind and I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to knowing what politics is. That said, the GOP let all that happen...much to Romney's disgust.

How so? If people don't have jobs. Discontent in the streets. The last thing your going to worry about is same sex marriage, the LBGT or whatever the fug that nonsense is.

People have been trained the last few decades to believe this crap is the most important issue of our times. Even though it has nothing or very little to do with them personally. PC heads so far up their ass they can't see the trees for the forest.

I don't know what this means but I sense some sort of Nazi reference?

Yes, it was a reference to the Nazi's but not a personal shot at you. Just showing how it's silly to think discrimination, of any kind, isn't related to a nation going down the shitter. It's all interconnected. It's all related.

When times get tough people look for scapegoats. They look for people different than them to pin the blame. It's happened throughout history to all races, religions and creeds. In the case of '38 the continent was in the throes of a terrible depression and the world was in the shitter -- so the Nazi's picked the most marginalized and easy target they could find (the Jews) and you know how the rest of the story goes.

Could that happen again? Absolutely. And it starts with sentiments expressed by (sadly) many in this thread. Sexual orientation is another "difference" those in positions of power use to distract the masses and keep us fighting with each other by playing on fears and ignorance. But the truth is our society (or nation) will never reach its full potential when it continues to discriminate against portions of its own population -- however small or large that may be.

This is a basic human rights issue. To think it's anything but that is just silly.

You remember 1938?

How old are you anyway?

Old enough not to answer that question. :ph34r:

Ill "tolerate" the guy in assless chaps shaking his ass against a drag queen in the public park during "pride" events when YOU "tolerate" a church group signing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" in the same public park on Christmas Eve.

Deal?

As far as that boxer goes, you DO realize he was misquoted and PACQUIAO NEVER MADE THAT STATEMENT, right?

http://blogs.laweekl...te_timeline.php

Not sure why you think I'd be against that ... I've never said I was an atheist. In fact, quite the opposite. I have no problem with people believing in God or practicing their religious beliefs. I just find it disconcerting when people allow their religion to cloud their judgement or use it as an excuse to spread hate and bigotry.

There's so much hate on this board that frankly I find it disturbing.

And you don't think discriminating against American citizens, regardless of their numbers, is an issue of freedom?

Yes, it was a reference to the Nazi's but not a personal shot at you. Just showing how it's silly to think discrimination, of any kind, isn't related to a nation going down the shitter. It's all interconnected. It's all related.

When times get tough people look for scapegoats. They look for people different than them to pin the blame. It's happened throughout history to all races, religions and creeds. In the case of '38 the continent was in the throes of a terrible depression and the world was in the shitter -- so the Nazi's picked the most marginalized and easy target they could find (the Jews) and you know how the rest of the story goes.

Could that happen again? Absolutely. And it starts with sentiments expressed by (sadly) many in this thread. Sexual orientation is another "difference" those in positions of power use to distract the masses and keep us fighting with each other by playing on fears and ignorance. But the truth is our society (or nation) will never reach its full potential when it continues to discriminate against portions of its own population -- however small or large that may be.

This is a basic human rights issue. To think it's anything but that is just silly.

Old enough not to answer that question. :ph34r:

Not sure why you think I'd be against that ... I've never said I was an atheist. In fact, quite the opposite. I have no problem with people believing in God or practicing their religious beliefs. I just find it disconcerting when people allow their religion to cloud their judgement or use it as an excuse to spread hate and bigotry.

There's so much hate on this board that frankly I find it disturbing.

And you don't think discriminating against American citizens, regardless of their numbers, is an issue of freedom?

I'll explain this once. The federal government was granted limited powers by the states. It was not granted any say over marriages. It needs to stay within its constitusional limits.

I'll explain this once. The federal government was granted limited powers by the states. It was not granted any say over marriages. It needs to stay within its constitusional limits.

So you oppose the defense against marriage act?

EDIT: Defense of marriage act. lol

Edited by TheNewBills

So by your logic the federal government should have let Jim Crow continue unchecked?

So by your logic the federal government should have let Jim Crow continue unchecked?

I was just about to pose that exact question until I scrolled down a bit more. Let's see how 3rdnlng responds...

Edited by Mark Miller

That's incorrect. The Nazis rose to power by making the Communists the outcasts and it was earlier than 38. It wasnt until Hitler and the Nazis had firm control of Germany that they turned their attention to the Jews.

I have no problem with people believing in God or practicing their religious

beliefs. I just find it disconcerting when people allow their religion to cloud

their judgement or use it as an excuse to spread hate and bigotry.

To folks like yourself, people who use their faith as the basis of their moral compass and think differently than you are having their "judgement clouded." But liberals and non-beleivers who get their "religion" and moral compass from academia, the New York Times, or whatever the latest trend is, according to folks like yourself, have it all right and are as clear thinking as they come.

Its an elitist way of thinking, in its purest form.

And another flaw in the thinking. This idea that religious people are "discriminating" against homosexuals. Who is the Church discriminating against by holding this view? Religious institutions dont make policy beyond its doors. And religion has firm rules up and down affecting things much smaller than marriage and guess what? have a list of "rules" a mile long for men and women to get married. Im a Catholic and had to marry a girl, also a Catholic, in a Church, had to attend 'marriage classes' before we were able to and also had to have reached other milestones in my religous journey like Confirmation, first. Not being gay is just one of MANY criteria one must meet in order to be married in the Catholic faith. Do Jews "discriminate" against pig farmers? Do Catholics "discriminate" against meal lovers during Lent?The list goes on.

Edited by RkFast

What don't you asshats understand about explaining it only once? If given the chance you will throw out canard after canard and I'm not going to spend my time refuting you and your sideshows. Follow the constitution, which has an avenue for amendment.

What don't you asshats understand about explaining it only once? If given the chance you will throw out canard after canard and I'm not going to spend my time refuting you and your sideshows. Follow the constitution, which has an avenue for amendment.

Follow the constitution? Full faith and credit. Answer my question.

To folks like yourself, people who use their faith as the basis of their moral compass and think differently than you are having their "judgement clouded." But liberals and non-beleivers who get their "religion" and moral compass from academia, the New York Times, or whatever the latest trend is, according to folks like yourself, have it all right and are as clear thinking as they come.

Its an elitist way of thinking, in its purest form.

It's disgraceful that you think it is "elitist" to use logic/reason to find the answers to difficult questions, such as "where do humans get their moral compass?" Human civilization has a proud tradition of science and rational philosophy. This tradition isn't reserved for a select few academic leftists or New York Times readers. Or at least it shouldn't be. Put down the Bible and pick up some science books. Use your brain, think really really hard, and you'll figure out - among many other things - that the Golden Rule is an optimal behavioral strategy for humans to play in the game of pursuing life/liberty/happiness. We are in the 21st century now. We no longer need ancient Middle Eastern fairy tales to guide our behavior.

Also, I will continue to attack and make fun of organized religion so long as the "faithful" keep defending their public policy decisions with "God says so" instead of logic/reason. If I were to tell you all that I believe in Ace and Gary as my deities, and that Ace and Gary happen to not like heterosexuals, and that Ace and Gary think heteros should not be allowed to marry, and that I am going to get government to force this idea into law....wouldn't the rest of you attack me for this ridiculous belief? And if you do, would you call yourself an intolerant bigot toward Ace and Gary believers like myself? No! You would call yourself rational.

Edited by Mark Miller

It's disgraceful that you think it is "elitist" to use logic/reason to find the answers to difficult questions, such as "where do humans get their moral compass?" Human civilization has a proud tradition of science and rational philosophy. This tradition isn't reserved for a select few academic leftists or New York Times readers. Or at least it shouldn't be. Put down the Bible and pick up some science books. Use your brain, think really really hard, and you'll figure out - among many other things - that the Golden Rule is an optimal behavioral strategy for humans to play in the game of pursuing life/liberty/happiness. We are in the 21st century now. We no longer need ancient Middle Eastern fairy tales to guide our behavior.

Also, I will continue to attack and make fun of organized religion so long as the "faithful" keep defending their public policy decisions with "God says so" instead of logic/reason. If I were to tell you all that I believe in Ace and Gary as my deities, and that Ace and Gary happen to not like heterosexuals, and that Ace and Gary think heteros should not be allowed to marry, and that I am going to get government to force this idea into law....wouldn't the rest of you attack me for this ridiculous belief? And if you do, would you call yourself an intolerant bigot toward Ace and Gary believers like myself? No! You would call yourself rational.

Also tune out conservative propaganda and learn about the law in 3rdnlngs case.

I answered your question. What don't you understand? I'm not going to fall into one of your canards. What don't you understand about it, that's it.

Edited by 3rdnlng

I answered your question. What don't you understand? I'm not going to fall into one of your canards. What don't you understand about, that's it?

Look...you are an idiot. They aren't canards. I'm not an elitist for pointing out that you angrily spout of things that are just plain wrong.

Can I answer it?

"Full faith and credit" does not mean that any state law must apply equally to all Americans. And it definitely doesn't mean that the federal government is required to pass legislation that supersedes state laws on matters in the states' purview just because different states differ on different legal definitions.

And that applies equally to any hypothetical federal law supporting gay marriage as it does the preternaturally retarded and obnoxious "Defense Of Marriage Act".