[closed]Buddy is making a mistake

What are they scared of? Look Fitz may be some fan hero but the guy is very average period. We need a guy to come in and compete with him that can have a shot to take the job from him. Either he steps up and becomes a better QB or we get someone better.

I don't care what talent we put around him, Fitz isn't going to win us a superbowl. This is a QB league and we don't have one that I feel can win a superbowl and its past time to get one. Last time we had a guy with that type talent we at least got to 4 of them.

Nix says VY is here to compete for a backup job, bad call. Quit coddling fitz, give Young a shot at starting no matter how it turns out.

Ah, back to Chicken Little posts. That's more like it.

BTW, have you stocked up on rations for the end of the world in December? I am betting...yes.

Nah no point to it. And there is nothing chicken little about the post, just truth and fact. What has Fitz done in his spotty career that shows you he can win us a superbowl? Nothing. We need a much greater upgrade at starting QB but won't have one with Nix.

What are they scared of? Look Fitz may be some fan hero but the guy is very average period. We need a guy to come in and compete with him that can have a shot to take the job from him. Either he steps up and becomes a better QB or we get someone better.

I don't care what talent we put around him, Fitz isn't going to win us a superbowl. This is a QB league and we don't have one that I feel can win a superbowl and its past time to get one. Last time we had a guy with that type talent we at least got to 4 of them.

Nix says VY is here to compete for a backup job, bad call. Quit coddling fitz, give Young a shot at starting no matter how it turns out.

If you think that if VY outperforms Fitz in camp and preseason that he won't be the starter you are kidding yourself.

Every position is up for grabs at the start of camp. Fitz being the returning starter (with the shiny new contract) has it as his job to lose. But it will be a competition. Which is good if for no other reason than to have someone on the roster that can actually push Fitz.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Nah no point to it. And there is nothing chicken little about the post, just truth and fact. What has Fitz done in his spotty career that shows you he can win us a superbowl? Nothing. We need a much greater upgrade at starting QB but won't have one with Nix.

And VY is the "much greater upgrade?" Pass. Love it for depth or a 3-4 game injury fill in. Not gonna wins SB.

:doh:

[/b]

And VY is the "much greater upgrade?" Pass. Love it for depth or a 3-4 game injury fill in. Not gonna wins SB.

Young nor no one else will get a shot with Nix as GM. We could have had Dalton, Nix didn't feel he was worth a pick in the 2nd, look what Dalton meant to Cinci. Sorry Buddy you screwed the pooch on that one.

Bottom line here, they are so set and egotistical they won't give anyone else a chance. They have decided to do or die wiht Fits. What is going to be disappointing is we build this great team and that one person /Position keeps us from winning the big one.

Ah, back to Chicken Little posts. That's more like it.

BTW, have you stocked up on rations for the end of the world in December? I am betting...yes.

Didn't you hear the good news? They discovered a new Mayan calendar. The world will not be ending in December.

The fact that you, some anonymous Internet Bills fan, thinks that Buddy is actually making a mistake (and by extension, that you have a better grip on the state of the franchise) is laughable at best. Why more people don't have you on ignore is beyond me.

Young nor no one else will get a shot with Nix as GM. We could have had Dalton, Nix didn't feel he was worth a pick in the 2nd, look what Dalton meant to Cinci. Sorry Buddy you screwed the pooch on that one.

Bottom line here, they are so set and egotistical they won't give anyone else a chance. They have decided to do or die wiht Fits. What is going to be disappointing is we build this great team and that one person /Position keeps us from winning the big one.

My bad, so this is a anti-Nix thread?

If you think that if VY outperforms Fitz in camp and preseason that he won't be the starter you are kidding yourself.

Every position is up for grabs at the start of camp. Fitz being the returning starter (with the shiny new contract) has it as his job to lose. But it will be a competition. Which is good if for no other reason than to have someone on the roster that can actually push Fitz.

I disagree with you. First, Young will not have the opportunity to compete with Fitz. Second, the entire playbook will be structured for Fitz and Fitz will receive the vast majority of the snaps as well as the playing time against first string defenses in the pre-season. Any comparison would be apples to oranges. Third, even if the coaching staff universally agreed that Young outperformed Fitz, I think you'd have a mutiny in the locker room. Chan and Buddy know this and have gone out of their way to characterize Young as competition for backup QB. If Fitz rocks a 50.0 QB rating through 6 games, we might have a different story. But Young will not have a shot at the Week 1 starting job.

I actually agree with your original point, but think you're jumping the gun with Dalton by claiming Buddy made a mistake. Dalton looks promising, but at this point, he's an unknown. Often in sports rookies can surprise due to a type of sneak attack. The opposition doesn't have any film, doesn't know what to expect, and before you know it, you've underestimated the guy and lost the game. Same goes for Tebow vs. Pittsburgh. That was more about Denver's suddenly aggressive playcalling, and less about Tebow.

Where are the moderator nazis on this post? Aren't you supposed to sniff out anything related to Vince Young and bag it??

This place baffles me.....

Aaron Williams looks to have been a decent pick, so the team appear to have "hit" on the draft slot. Regarding Dalton, there was no guarantee he'd be a good player, and even still, I don't think his ceiling is very high. That's not to say that the Bengals made a bad pick- they made a great one- but we don't know what Dalton will turn out to be.

Also, had Cam Newton been available, we would have drafted him instead of Dareus. By your logic, we should have drafted Blaine Gabbert instead of Dareus, if you are so insistent that the team needed a "franchise" QB.

Be glad that we have Dareus instead of Gabbert, who was floated as an option for our first round pick last year. If Fitzpatrick fails this year, Buddy will draft a first round QB if he feels a good one is available. A fixation on drafting a QB means that you end up with players like Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder in the first round instead of drafting the best player available.

More than your spotty career as a poster. Blanked statement, you can never eat 100 wings. Never. We need a much greater upgrade to eat 100 wings. I'll leave nothing to be disputed, other than saying that you can never do something I've never done ad have 0 wag of proving that you can never do it. You suck, find a girlfriend.

The fact that you, some anonymous Internet Bills fan, thinks that Buddy is actually making a mistake (and by extension, that you have a better grip on the state of the franchise) is laughable at best. Why more people don't have you on ignore is beyond me.

How do I ignore this guy? He complains about everything.

The Bills just seriously upgraded the number 2 qb position. If Fitz were to go down, the Bills would have a really hard time winning games. Even if you believe Fitz isn't the guy, this is still the best option available and a good move. Some people will never be happy

Oh so are you the new Captain Hindsight lol? You're just so so SO ignorant and lack logic. Please stop posting so we on this board don't have to read through this garbage and can just read the more insightful posts that other people on this board supply. And Chix egotistical and won't give anyone else a chance? WHAT!? :wallbash: I feel sorry for you but at the same time I am overjoyed that I do not have your brain. That statement is just laughable hahahahahahahahaahaahaahaahahaahaahaahahaahahaahaahahahaahahahaahaaahaahahahaahahaahahaha just leave man. Just leave.

How do I ignore this guy? He complains about everything.

The Bills just seriously upgraded the number 2 qb position. If Fitz were to go down, the Bills would have a really hard time winning games. Even if you believe Fitz isn't the guy, this is still the best option available and a good move. Some people will never be happy

The drop down next to your username in the upper right of the entire page. Last choice on the menu is Manage Ignored Users. I know because I just did it.

Edited by DrDareustein

The drop down next to your username in the upper right of the entire page. Last choice on the menu is Manage Ignored Users. I know because I just did it.

Used to be even easier, just an option when you right clicked on a user's name. I was very sad when that went away in one of the board upgrades.

I disagree with you. First, Young will not have the opportunity to compete with Fitz. Second, the entire playbook will be structured for Fitz and Fitz will receive the vast majority of the snaps as well as the playing time against first string defenses in the pre-season. Any comparison would be apples to oranges. Third, even if the coaching staff universally agreed that Young outperformed Fitz, I think you'd have a mutiny in the locker room. Chan and Buddy know this and have gone out of their way to characterize Young as competition for backup QB. If Fitz rocks a 50.0 QB rating through 6 games, we might have a different story. But Young will not have a shot at the Week 1 starting job.

Interesting take. I would hope every position is up for grabs like I stated, but I can see your logic as well.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.