Skip Bayless Says .....

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People watch ESPN because they think it's "cool" and "hip" to watch anything sports related. And the poor guys doing anything NOT sports related (comic books, video games e.t.c) are deemd "uncool" by this caveman-like, barbaric society.

Ha. I love video games. But I watch espn because I don't have much of a choice if I want to watch a sports program. And to be honest, with all of the crappy reality tv out there, ESPN is a much better alternative to that garbage. When it comes to the Bills, I like to come here though. If posters didn't try to correct grammar or constantly flame people to see who has the bigger "Internet" balls, this sight would be close to perfect for a Bills fan.

im glad to see this has generated such good conversation.

and while we can all make jokes and laugh about grammatical errors, sentence structures ive used in my post, and various other word play devices, here's another fun game for you losers to engage in:

vince young 31-19, fitzpatrick 17-31.

i think people have been absolutely blinded by the proficiency by which our offense put points on the board for the first half of 2011, and 2010.

HOWEVER. the fact remains: those clubs yielded LESS wins than jaurons clubs, and, (more importantly) less wins than wade phillips clubs (read: the last bills team to make the playoffs.)

so, until the league amends the rules to include teams that "try hard, put some points on the board, and generally put on a better show for their fans than the previous season" in the playoffs - were better off with vince young as a starter.

sorry to start a quarter back controversy, but the last time we had a quarterback controversy, we were a forward lateral away from making the divisional round of the playoffs. funny how competition is good for every spot on the roster except quarterback.

I think QB win-loss records are nearly meaningless (and, yeah, I know what happened to the Colts when Manning got hurt).

Football teams have three units: Offense, Defense and Special Teams. The QB is one part - albeit the most important part - of one of the three units. A QB can be bad but still win because the Defense and Special Teams are doing their work. And that's why VY has a better win-loss record than Fitz.

I think it would be naive to think that our "savior" at QB is on the roster at this point. I dont see Fitz or Young turning into a top 10 QB.

Define "top 10" because Fitz is already top 15 in most statistical categories.

PTR

Bills fans will fall in love with VY's arm and legs over Fitz's brain. Same way they were fooled by Rob Johnson's arm and legs over Doug Flutie's brain.

In todays NFL you need a QB with a good arm and brain. Legs are optional, but very helpful.

Fitz is missing the arm and so far anyway, VY has been missing the brain.

Are you more a fan of Fitz or of the Bills?

For me, I don't care if it's Fitz, VY, pigpen or some UDFA off the street. I want whoever is the best player at any position to play, and that includes QB.

No one, particularly Gailey, should let themselves get distracted by anything else.

Your best chance of winning is when your best players play ... period.

You called it. I'm just a Fitz fan. That's why I've been a Bills fan since 89. When I saw Fitz as a seven year old, I knew he would someday be QB of the Bufalo Bills. :rolleyes:

In todays NFL you need a QB with a good arm and brain. Legs are optional, but very helpful.

That does appear the trade off. Given a choice id have to go with arm. Eli and rodger have great arms but dont strike me as defense reading geniuses like Brady, brees or Peyton. Brees doesn't have the deep ball of the others but hes deadly accurate out to about 40 yards. Ben has a good arm and but not a tactician, keeps plays alive with his feet. I could see VY being that style.

I honestly don't care who is starter btw fitz and young, I just want who ever is best for the team.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

That does appear the trade off. Given a choice id have to go with arm. Eli and rodger have great arms but dont strike me as defense reading geniuses like Brady, brees or Peyton. Brees doesn't have the deep ball of the others but hes deadly accurate out to about 40 yards. Ben has a good arm and but not a tactician, keeps plays alive with his feet. I could see VY being that style.

I honestly don't care who is starter btw fitz and young, I just want who ever is best for the team.

I agree with you. But there are a lot of people who think no competition for the QB position is what's best for the team.

I agree with you. But there are a lot of people who think no competition for the QB position is what's best for the team.

I think a qb competition is situational. In the Bills current case, I dont think an open qb competition is what's best for the team. For example, if Gailey decided to leave the starter position open on the depth chart in the locker room during training camp and split reps. The guys on the team believe in Fitz and believe he's their leader. He's earned the spot and should only get better this year with a full offseason under his belt. (Disclaimer: I am not implying anything. This is just for the sake of conversation on the topic)

However, nothing would be better than VY having a good camp and pushing Fitz to keep his performance up. I doubt Thigpen pushes Fitz in any way.

If you took Fitz out of the equation, an open qb competition would be great in that situation.

Some people might disagree. They might believe an open qb competition w VY and Fitz is a good thing.

:lol: Dumbest stat ever.

Vince Young has never thrown for 2600 yards in a SEASON.

Vince Young has never thrown more than 12 touchdown passes in a SEASON.

Vince Young has thrown more TDs than interceptions in a SEASON TWICE in his ENTIRE CAREER.

Vince Young has never averaged 200 yards passing per game in his career.

With Vince Young as a starter, Tennessee never ranked higher than 24th in the NFL in passing yards.

In his Titans career, Young had twice as many games where he threw for under 100 yards than he threw for over 250 yards.

In his 2 seasons and 29 starts in Buffalo, Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown more touchdown passes than Vince Young has thrown in his entire CAREER. That's 50 starts and 61 games for Young.

Both have about even td:int ratios. Fitz is a touch more accurate but VY has better yards per attempt, and a bigger gap in ypc. So accuracy is probably a coin flip really. Just telling a little bit more of the story

If you're going where I think you're going, try it on sheep first. :flirt:

:lol: Dumbest stat ever.

Vince Young has never thrown for 2600 yards in a SEASON.

Vince Young has never thrown more than 12 touchdown passes in a SEASON.

Vince Young has thrown more TDs than interceptions in a SEASON TWICE in his ENTIRE CAREER.

Vince Young has never averaged 200 yards passing per game in his career.

With Vince Young as a starter, Tennessee never ranked higher than 24th in the NFL in passing yards.

In his Titans career, Young had twice as many games where he threw for under 100 yards than he threw for over 250 yards.

In his 2 seasons and 29 starts in Buffalo, Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown more touchdown passes than Vince Young has thrown in his entire CAREER. That's 50 starts and 61 games for Young.

Eww I hate logic.

Barring injury in training camp, I have little doubt fitz is the starter. It's the regular season scenario where the teams not doing well and theyre looking to make a change where VY might get the ball. Realistically that wasn't an option with thigpen .

Barring injury in training camp, I have little doubt fitz is the starter. It's the regular season scenario where the teams not doing well and theyre looking to make a change where VY might get the ball. Realistically that wasn't an option with thigpen .

I'm not so sure. I've never seen Fitz have to respond to this type of adversity. I hope there's enough left in Vince Young to push Fitz to the absolute limit.

If he's the starter, fine. Just make him earn it, that's all I ask.