Inside Bills Draft Room on BB.com

Peter

who were "the 4 guys" we had targeted for each round?

my guess...

ROUND ONE - Barron, Kuechly, Claiborne, Gilmore

ROUND TWO - Glenn, Quick, Upshaw, Martin

ROUND THREE - all WR's and Graham being the only one left

Sounds like Quick wasn't a consideration in Round 2. Replace Quick with Hill and you're probably right about the 4 they targeted in the 2nd round. Maybe even Randle instead of Upshaw.

The Jags were going to take Graham. Hence the reason the Bills traded up in front of them, and they took a punter.

I have a hard time buying this: At the time the Jags Already had drafted Blackmon, signed Laurent Robinson and Lee Evans. They are also bringing back Mike Thomas and Brian Robiskie from last year.If adding another WR was a priority for the Jags, they would have taken another one with a later round pick...but they didn't.

I have a hard time buying this: At the time the Jags Already had drafted Blackmon, signed Laurent Robinson and Lee Evans. They are also bringing back Mike Thomas and Brian Robiskie from last year.If adding another WR was a priority for the Jags, they would have taken another one with a later round pick...but they didn't.

I'm not buying it after hearing what Gailey said. He made it sound like a simple decision Nix made. We need a speed WR, 3 of our 4 are gone. One is left. We have two 7th rounders. We know we can get to that spot because we have talked to that team just now. Let's just ensure we got our guy. He didn't mention that they thought other teams were specifically after Graham.

I'm not buying it after hearing what Gailey said. He made it sound like a simple decision Nix made. We need a speed WR, 3 of our 4 are gone. One is left. We have two 7th rounders. We know we can get to that spot because we have talked to that team just now. Let's just ensure we got our guy. He didn't mention that they thought other teams were specifically after Graham.

Exactly. So they floated a 7th round pick to secure peace of mind. Sounds like low-cost insurance to me.

Exactly. So they floated a 7th round pick to secure peace of mind. Sounds like low-cost insurance to me.

Oh yeh I'm in agrreement with you both. I was just trying to answer commentators who were speculating that we had to move up from 71 cause Graham wouldn't of been there (e.g. the jaguars would take him),

who were "the 4 guys" we had targeted for each round?

my guess...

ROUND ONE - Barron, Kuechly, Claiborne, Gilmore

ROUND TWO - Glenn, Quick, Upshaw, Martin

ROUND THREE - all WR's and Graham being the only one left

Round one remove Kuechly and add Glenn.

I sure as hell hope we get more than 82 games out of Glenn...

I'd gladly take what McNeill gave the chargers, as proxy for Glenn's production and happily walk away after 82 games.

I get what your trying to say, but even considering injuries I would beyond please if Glenn's career turned out as well as McNeills.

Sounds better for the Jags if they can claim the punter was a panic pick when Graham went. :lol:

Still can't believe they drafted a P in the third round. The guy the Bills signed as an UDFA had comparable stats.

I'd gladly take what McNeill gave the chargers, as proxy for Glenn's production and happily walk away after 82 games.

I get what your trying to say, but even considering injuries I would beyond please if Glenn's career turned out as well as McNeills.

You're right: getting 82 games out of Glenn wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

It's a long shot from ideal though. I don't think we'll want to go LT shopping again in 5 years if we can avoid it...

Wish we could have seen some "live" footage and heard some of the actual discussions as they took place. Still, an interesting look into their mindset and the admission that Graham was the last of 4 speed, vertical stretch guys they had ranked that was still available - thus the strange trade to move up just two spots.

Thanks for posting...

Yeah, that was interesting. Anyone care to speculate on who the other 3 were?

Blackmon, Hill, Quick (in that order)

Randle perhaps

I think they were talking about four guys after the first round was over, which would exclude Blackmon and Floyd. I think the four guys they were likely talking about were Randle, Quick, Hill and Graham.

Getting warmer but I don't think Quick. He had a nice yards per catch but based on his measurables and post-draft scouting reports, he doesn't sound like a vertical speed receiver to me.

Just guessing: Hill, Jenkins, Floyd.

Not sure Randle had the speed they were looking for. As a side note, just because Graham was the last one left doesn't mean that he was the last one on the Bills list of those four.

Buddy's comment on the Quick pick was also interesting. Clear they thought of him as a late second rounder or even a third rounder.

Yes, he seemed glad that Quick was taken before their 2nd round pick. As for your other point bolded, Nix did say he was the last of the 4.

Deep speed WR's?

I would say Hill #1, Quick #2, Randall #3, and Graham #4.

But AJ Jenkins possibly. I wonder why they didnt like Chris Givens.

I would say Jenkins was one of the 4 and that Quick isn't.

Sounds like Quick wasn't a consideration in Round 2. Replace Quick with Hill and you're probably right about the 4 they targeted in the 2nd round. Maybe even Randle instead of Upshaw.