A Blip? Or A Hint Of The Future?

i heard peak oil will make oil prices go up and down year to year before they skyrocket...

reason being oil prices rise because demand gets higher and higher, economy slows down, demand goes down, prices go down. eventually that downward motion will stop once production cant meet minimal standards of demand.

i heard peak oil will make oil prices go up and down year to year before they skyrocket...

reason being oil prices rise because demand gets higher and higher, economy slows down, demand goes down, prices go down. eventually that downward motion will stop once production cant meet minimal standards of demand.

Your definition of peak oil sounds an awfully lot like what those greedy fat capitalist 1%ers refer to as supply and demand

Plus Tom made good point about the strength of the dollar vs the Euro

No, that's not it, nice try though

Then what is it? Please enlighten us O Master of the Moronific

Your definition of peak oil sounds an awfully lot like what those greedy fat capitalist 1%ers refer to as supply and demand

Oh no, another Tom sucker to deal with! If it's such a good point, tell us why!

It's the Obama no drilling policy that's causing it. Common sense.

Or the dollar is strengthening. Y'know, since the French and Greek elections have the Eurozone scared. Y'know, like I said Sunday.

It could be a little of both. However, I don't think I would receive any arguments from anyone that less dependence on foreign oil is a bad thing.

What would you say are some of the reasons for the falling prices of crude?

The dollar has strengthen against the Euro but has stayed pretty stable against other currencies so I'd say demand destruction and high inventories- but about the timing I don't know because I've been hearing that demand has been low and inventories high for almost a year now.

Wait until summer time.

Right now prices are expected to remain the same or even drop over the summer. As we all know this could change in an instant if something happens in the mid-east. But with us exporting refined oil products for the first time since the Truman administration I think we're pretty safe.

The dollar has strengthen against the Euro but has stayed pretty stable against other currencies so I'd say demand destruction and high inventories- but about the timing I don't know because I've been hearing that demand has been low and inventories high for almost a year now.

Yes, but people have been holding on to their inventories due to an expected spike in prices. That spike never came. At least not yet...

Right now prices are expected to remain the same or even drop over the summer. As we all know this could change in an instant if something happens in the mid-east. But with us exporting refined oil products for the first time since the Truman administration I think we're pretty safe.

I think you should link to that information. I believe we've exported certain specialty refined oil products for a long time. The way you have stated it makes it appear as if the U.S. is almost a net exporter of oil products.

I think you should link to that information. I believe we've exported certain specialty refined oil products for a long time. The way you have stated it makes it appear as if the U.S. is almost a net exporter of oil products.

Check the link at the beginning of the thread. I don't know where you're getting the idea that I stated it as though the US would be a net exporter.

Check the link at the beginning of the thread. I don't know where you're getting the idea that I stated it as though the US would be a net exporter.

Here is the salient line from the link:

"This is historic, it really is," he says, adding that the U.S. is exporting more oil products "than it has since the Truman administration."

And the US has been a net exporter of oil for at least the last year.

This is from your link:

"This is historic, it really is," he says, adding that the U.S. is exporting more oil products "than it has since the Truman administration."

That is just a tad bit different than how you categorized it.

Regardless, the way you stated it sorta makes it sound like we are a net exporter. But I'm glad to see that you seem to have come over to the side that wants energy independence. It's great that you think it would be a good idea for us to produce enough oil to satisfy not only our own needs, but to export it.

This is from your link:

That is just a tad bit different than how you categorized it.

Regardless, the way you stated it sorta makes it sound like we are a net exporter. But I'm glad to see that you seem to have come over to the side that wants energy independence. It's great that you think it would be a good idea for us to produce enough oil to satisfy not only our own needs, but to export it.

I would like to see us become much more independent on foreign oil. However, I would much rather see our energy come from renewable sources. such as wind power, geothermal, Solar and so forth. Oil is messy, produces CFCs, and eventually we will run out.

As far as I know we are only a net exporter of refined petroleum products not petroleum - we produce around 8 mil barrels of petroleum a day and use around 17.5 mil barrels a day so import around 9.5 million barrels of petroleum a day.

Net exporter of refined products. Net importer of oil.

That's a really important distinction.