I wonder if Ralph gave carte blanche

It really does seem like Ralph called Chan, Buddy and Wannstedt in and asked how far they felt they were with rebuilding continued with the question ok what do you need for the final pieces, have my checkbook, get me my superbowl.

Edited by bladiebla

Don't wander off-topic, don't ramble and don't send mail or post messages solely to point out other people's errors in typing or spelling. These, more than any other behavior, mark you as an immature beginner.

That isn't much different than what you just did. I read that netiquette paper before and it says in there like 100 times to just ignore stuff like that too. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I think you're on to something. I think Ralph has ceded a lot of control to Brandon and I think Brandon realizes winning makes it easier to sell tickets and make $. And I think in Ralph's advanced age they thoughts about his legacy became louder and more frequent.

I don't think it was an overnight decision. I think this started around when DJ was fired and Ralph & Co. realized that not every NFL HC job is desirable despite the exclusivity. They probably realized their business model painted them into a corner and had to do everything in their power to show the rest of the league they weren't content being the joke of league.

I'm glad Ralph seemingly took a step out of his comfort zone and was able to trust others after being burned in the past.

Here's to Ralph bankrolling Buddy's baby!!! :beer:

Wow speaking of unnecessary posts....

Anyways, its not like this team didn't spend money during the last 12 years. They just spent it wrong. Like on new free agents Derrick Dockery, Langston Walker, etc. instead of on retaining Jason Peters, Antoine Winfield, etc.

It's doubtful Ralph Wilson Is giving the Front Office any direction. When was the last quote that came out of Grosse Pointe. The silence is deafening.

I was going to say the same thing. I do think that Ralph trusts Buddy but I also think it's all Ralph can do to just get up mornings.

PTR

I was going to say the same thing. I do think that Ralph trusts Buddy but I also think it's all Ralph can do to just get up mornings.

PTR

After Donahue it is nice to see Ralph trust a GM again.

I guess this off season pus an end to the rumors Ralph is keeping costs down to make the team easier to sell.

It's doubtful Ralph Wilson Is giving the Front Office any direction. When was the last quote that came out of Grosse Pointe. The silence is deafening.

Scene: Meeting at One Bills Drive between Buddy, Jim Overdorf and Jeff Littman. (Russ Brandon is outside the room with his ear pressed up against the door)

Jim Overdorf: Hey Buddy, what's this rumor about us trying to sign Mario Williams?

Buddy: Ya gotta make hay while the sun's shining I always say…

Littman: So it is true. Are you outta your mind? Do you know how much the Bears had to pay to get Julius Peppers?

Buddy: Them horses that win that there Breeder's Cup? They weren't bought at the 4H auction you know…

Overdorf: Have you spoken to Ralph about this? (Brandon correcting Overdorf in his mind silently mouths the words to himself "Mr. Wilson")

Buddy: That hound don't hunt no more… let him lie… ain't no cause to be gettin' 'im all squirrely.

Littman: Ralph's gonna be pretty angry… (Brandon correcting Littman in his mind silently mouths the words to himself "Mr. Wilson")

Buddy: Sonny, the only thing Ralphie gets angry about these days is if his cream of wheat ain't hot or his prune juice ain't cold. Say, what's your name again? (Brandon correcting Nix in his mind silently mouths the words to himself "Mr. Wilson," then the words "Jeffrey Littman")

Overdorf: He's the treasurer but I'm the guy who negotiates contracts… what kind of contract do you think it'll take?

Buddy: Bigger than the one you had me give Kelsay… and what is it with this Kelsay kid, does he have pictures or something?

Overdorf: (cutting off Nix) Never mind that. Okay I think we can bring this to Ralph and maybe get him to sign it with the other checks. (Brandon correcting Overdorf in his mind silently mouths the words to himself "Mr. Wilson")

Buddy: (chuckling to himself and wearing a big grin) Here's a thought, why don't you tell Ralph that there's a new sheriff in town and his name ain't Russ Brandel… ((Brandon correcting Nix in his mind silently mouths the words to himself "Mr. Wilson," then the word "Brandon")

Littman: You mean tell him the truth? (Overdorf cringes at the word, Brandel pees a bit in his underwear)

Buddy: Sonny you tell him what you need to tell him. This meeting is getting tiresome. I think I'm gonna go take me a nap. Yall have a good day now. Close the door when you leave will ya?

After Donahue it is nice to see Ralph trust a GM again.

I guess this off season pus an end to the rumors Ralph is keeping costs down to make the team easier to sell.

The Bills could go 0-16 for ten straight years and they wouldn't be one nickel less valuable. NFL teams are pure gold. A toy only the richest of the rich can afford. The ultimate status symbol. No, this sudden burst of spending is not about selling the team. It's about Ralph seeing a winner before he leaves.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Scene: Meeting at One Bills Drive between Buddy, Jim Overdorf and Jeff Littman. (Russ Brandon is outside the room with his ear pressed up against the door)

... Some alternate scenario where poster dreams some one in charge actually has the same long held opinions has poster.

Buddy is an old school southern gentleman who would not act like a trash talking gangster-poet wannabee

Buddy is an old school southern gentleman who would not act like a trash talking gangster-poet wannabee

Buddy has a down home flavor.

Don't know what you're talking about.

But rather than critique, why don't you try your hand at one seeing as you're the expert.

edit: "trash-talking gangster poet?"

Buddy says things like "we're all trying to rob the same train" and "I'm a riverboat gambler."

That makes him a "southern gentleman?"

Thanks for your expertise and criticism.

You add great value.

Yeah, but I DID laugh.

Thanks, Mark!

Either that, or carte blanche.

Are you talking about the old credit card brand Carte Blanche? Like instead of handing over his checkbook, Ralph gave him the old credit card?

Nobody seemed to grasp that meaning of your post.

Just curious if that's what you meant, Billnut.

Are you talking about the old credit card brand Carte Blanche? Like instead of handing over his checkbook, Ralph gave him the old credit card?

Nobody seemed to grasp that meaning of your post.

Just curious if that's what you meant, Billnut.

I'll let the OP answer - he used the phrase first. But if you google the phrase you'll see it has a generic meaning beyond the old credit card brand.

It's too bad we're three years into this and people still don't believe what Buddy has said from day one, which is basically that Ralph has never told him how much to spend or not to spend.