We Got a LOT Better.......

Owen

I believe the Bills got a lot better this off season

But did we think Buddy Nix would fix all positions ? Of course not...

He tired... But we did not get a good rookie backup QB ...

But he is still trying his best... We won't know everything till Sept...

Other teams will make cuts and even a trade might be in the works, although I doubt it ...

Next year there are several top flight QBs the Bills can go after...

The rest of the team for this year is looking good right now and Nix still might make it look better before Sept.

What a difference a couple of years have made with the change of philosopy coming from the front office...

Spending More Money to Make the Team Better .......

Nix did not have his hands strapped down from the penny pinchers...I can't wait for the season to start... I'm looking forward to an exciting year... how about YOU ?

Last year was an exciting year (through about week 8 or so). The Bills were close last year, but a rash of injuried derailed their season. The same thing could happen this year, unless we stay a little more healthy.

On paper, the Bills look better. I am much more confident with Wannstedt running a 4-3 with Mario, Kyle, Dareus and Mark Anderson on the line than I was last year with our horrible DC, trying to run a 3-4 with two defensive tackles and no "real" defensive ends. But the entire season will hinge on the ability for our key players (Jackson, Jones, Wood, K. Williams, McGee, Merriman, Lindell), staying healthy. All of whom listed, ended up on IR.

Rest assured, the Bills will win more than 6 or 7 games this year, unless of course our IR report looks like Fitz, Wood, Mario.

But he is still trying his best... We won't know everything till Sept...

Other teams will make cuts and even a trade might be in the works, although I doubt it ...

Next year there are several top flight QBs the Bills can go after...

The rest of the team for this year is looking good right now and Nix still might make it look better before Sept.

What a difference a couple of years have made with the change of philosopy coming from the front office...

Spending More Money to Make the Team Better .......

Nix did not have his hands strapped down from the penny pinchers...I can't wait for the season to start... I'm looking forward to an exciting year... how about YOU ?

I like your unbridled enthusiasm. What Bills fan couldn't be looking forward to this season? It holds the most promise in years. Hopefully, injuries finally fall off some for this team and potential turns into production. GO BILLS!!!

Last year was an exciting year (through about week 8 or so). The Bills were close last year, but a rash of injuried derailed their season. The same thing could happen this year, unless we stay a little more healthy.

On paper, the Bills look better. I am much more confident with Wannstedt running a 4-3 with Mario, Kyle, Dareus and Mark Anderson on the line than I was last year with our horrible DC, trying to run a 3-4 with two defensive tackles and no "real" defensive ends. But the entire season will hinge on the ability for our key players (Jackson, Jones, Wood, K. Williams, McGee, Merriman, Lindell), staying healthy. All of whom listed, ended up on IR.

Rest assured, the Bills will win more than 6 or 7 games this year, unless of course our IR report looks like Fitz, Wood, Mario.

Hopefully this is our All Pro List

We got a lot better. But this is year three and we need to see some results. Anything less than a playoff berth will be a failure and we need to prove it on the field. Nix has built a good team but he has made some blunders, too. As has Gailey. We have a lot more talent and a bunch of weapons but the coaches need to have a good season and the players need to mesh on the field and there is no such thing as moral victories anymore. Fitz has to shut his detractors up and the team needs to learn how to win consistently.

:thumbsup:

Health will definitely be the key. But unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it. If they stay relatively healthy, they'll make the playoffs. They have the 3rd easiest schedule on paper, compared to the 8th hardest last year.

I'm rooting for Tanney to make a splash and become our backup.

ESPN Insider cited the Bills as having the most improved D line in the AFC: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7889623/pittsburgh-steelers-ooffensive-line-offseason-most-improved-units-nfl

Nice to see us get some positive press (sure, it was a no-brainer but it's still nice).

ESPN's oft concussed waste of oxygen, Merril Hoge, would disagree. He said last week that the most improved defensive front seven this off season was...the Arizona Cardinals.

ESPN Insider cited the Bills as having the most improved D line in the AFC: http://insider.espn....roved-units-nfl

Nice to see us get some positive press (sure, it was a no-brainer but it's still nice).

ESPN's oft concussed waste of oxygen, Merril Hoge, would disagree. He said last week that the most improved defensive front seven this off season was...the Arizona Cardinals.

When did the Arizona Cardinals join the AFC?

When did the Arizona Cardinals join the AFC?

When did the Cardinals improve their front 7? I looked and I couldn't find any FA or draft picks that addressed the front 7.

Hoge needs to hang it up. If not donate his brain now.

We got a lot better. But this is year three and we need to see some results. Anything less than a playoff berth will be a failure and we need to prove it on the field. Nix has built a good team but he has made some blunders, too. As has Gailey. We have a lot more talent and a bunch of weapons but the coaches need to have a good season and the players need to mesh on the field and there is no such thing as moral victories anymore. Fitz has to shut his detractors up and the team needs to learn how to win consistently.

Buffalo got even faster on special teams with the new linebackers I think will be used there.

TJ Graham and Spiller used for end-around plays led by these O-linemen this team has now, will be killer.

Still wondering who will step it up at the WR position after Johnson and Nelson. Any one of the rest of them could get cut and be out of the league.

The #2 WR job will likely go to either Easley or Graham. I think that Gailey wants a speed guy who can draw a safety and open things up for stuff underneath, whether it be the passing game or the running game.