looks like we have to cut kelsey

If it is after tc Mario most certainly will have a number, and all of the people who pre-ordered his jersey will have that number on their jersey. The stock would be huge. The cost would go beyond financial though bc many (rightfully so) would be up in arms about their brand new jersey being obsolete.

The scenario you're describing is only if they changed numbers AFTER training camp. Which is why the FO told Kelsay and Mario to figure out the number thing now.

As far as leaders being cut, I can think of a few from the top of my head just from last season. Peyton Manning, Lofa Tatupa, Channing Crowder, and our very own Nick Barnett. Locker room leaders are cut all the time.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scenario you're describing is only if they changed numbers AFTER training camp. Which is why the FO told Kelsay and Mario to figure out the number thing now.

As far as leaders being cut, I can think of a few from the top of my head just from last season. Peyton Manning, Lofa Tatupa, Channing Crowder, and our very own Nick Barnett. Locker room leaders are cut all the time.

You're leaving something out of your analysis on this issue: Mario doesn't want the number. He has had plenty of time to ask Kelsay about it and Kelsay says he spoke with Mario and Mario never said a word. Williams has gone way out of his way to say he doesn't want special treatment, he just wants to be one of the guys and lead by example of his work ethic. He is humble. 90 was not his college number. For all we know, he never liked 90. He is starting his career over in a new city and new team and he is the antithesis of a me-first player who wants to promote his power or standing, except on the field. Kelsay is a 10 year veteran.

You're leaving something out of your analysis on this issue: Mario doesn't want the number.

You're absolutely right. Im just having a discussion of principles at this point. More fun than mowing the lawn :) .

To help you avoid your lawn for a bit more...

The scenario I laid out was because you had mentioned Kelsay would be cut after tc and Mario would take the number then.

As for your list all of those players were cut/released/not re-signed at the end of the year, not after tc. That would certainly send shock waves through the team.

Too much is made of jersey numbers- they are there for identification purposes, not to make a player walk around with a smile on his face. Assign players numbers on a seasonal basis and that's it.

"I would just like to finish my career with the number 90 jersey", direct quote from Keley in that article. Well I'm sure you'll get your wish Chris....* In Today's news Buffalo Bills release LB/DE Chris Kelsey today * :devil:

Mario has to buy up all the chris kelsey jerseys too. Well since noone wants one theres 3,460,234 in inventory. Maybe thats why Mario doesnt want the number...

He did finish his career, about five years ago.

After reading that article and this thread, it is abundantly clear to me that the fans care much more about Mario's jersey number than Mario does himself. I could care less what number he wears as long as he is out there on the field going after the QB.

Technically, his number right now is 00. I don't think there are many fans running around with 00 on it. In fact, i'm not even sure if it is for sale.

Technically he doesn't have a number right now. The NFL forbids 00 to be issued as a jersey number.

Not really. Just correcting your misinformation. LOL!!!

If you "got it", you would realize that I didn't really mean his number was 00.

So as I said, flew right over your head...

Edited by dogma+

If you "got it", you would realize that I didn't really mean his number was 00.

So as I said, flew right over your head...

Only a douche would keep responding, so I'll stop. Bet you won't, though.

Upon the initial read of the topic, I thought "Yep, Kelsay is a boner"

But after reading the actual article, the poster and anyone ripping Kelsay is a real bonehead.

Kelsay has often been a liability- especially since having been converted to a retarded LB (no offense to actual retards)- but Mario didn't even bring the issue up. Kelsay did.

This isn't even an issue.