Fantasy Football Pick - Bills Defense

Last year was my first year in Fantasy Football on NFL.com. I came in 2nd place in my group. I still am not THAT big a fan of it. I think I would have more fun if it included getting money for coming in 1st place. I might entertain that idea this year. But, last year I had the Ravens defense but this year I'm definitely going with our own Bills D. I might have to pull a Buddy Nix move and move up in the draft and "reach" for the Bills D (much like the T.J. Graham pick) after picking a QB, RB, WR, and TE. I think with my 5th pick I will go with the Bills defense instead of getting another player.

I have no problem with you "reaching" for the Bills D -- after all, it's your team, draft players that you want to root for. But please wait until round 12 or so. That's still a major reach. Round 5 is completely bzonkers.

i play in 8 money leagues and love fantasy football. if you are the league comish you should look into taking the "team defense" out and putting in IDP guys instead. i usually do 1 down linemen 1 line backer and 1 DB. gets you way more involved on defensive players for fantasy.

I play in three money leagues ($1K a pop). Won two SBs last year and lost one. Year before I went 3/3.

In each league, I make about 50 transactions throughout the season. I wouldn't dream of taking a defense till second to last round, and kicker in the last round. I routinely cut defenses and kickers and pick up those who have the best matchups for that week.

If any of you money guys have room, send me a PM -- I'm game. Always like good competition. :thumbsup:

BA

Edit: The last Bill I had on any team was Jay Riemersma in 2000. I don't like playing with my heart, which is why I rarely select players from my most hated team, the Dolphins (the lone exception being Dan Carpenter a few years back when he was on a tear).

Edited by Bud Adams

i play in 8 money leagues and love fantasy football. if you are the league comish you should look into taking the "team defense" out and putting in IDP guys instead. i usually do 1 down linemen 1 line backer and 1 DB. gets you way more involved on defensive players for fantasy.

You play wayyyyyy too much fantasy football.

Edited by stony

Thanks for refreshing my memory. The one season that we played this format I selected Takeo Spikes. I believe it was the year we signed him. In his first game, sack, forced fumble, return for touchdown. That same game he was carted off the field and he was gone.

Wait hold up a second... The one on NFL.com only allows QB, RB, WR, TE, K and WR/KR (as players) and only let's you choose a TEAM'S defense and not defensive players... Money leagues allow you to choose DB's and linemen?

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Wait hold up a second... The one on NFL.com only allows QB, RB, WR, TE, K and WR/KR (as players) and only let's you choose a TEAM'S defense and not defensive players... Money leagues allow you to choose DB's and linemen?

It's a different type of league setting called IDP (Individual Defensive Player). It doesn't matter whether it's a money league or not.

And yeah, in standard leagues it's foolish to draft a D/ST anywhere before your very last or at least second to last pick. You should be streaming D/ST based on matchups since D/ST scoring is very random and largely dependent on the opponent's offense.

It's a different type of league setting called IDP (Individual Defensive Player). It doesn't matter whether it's a money league or not.

And yeah, in standard leagues it's foolish to draft a D/ST anywhere before your very last or at least second to last pick. You should be streaming D/ST based on matchups since D/ST scoring is very random and largely dependent on the opponent's offense.

Wow that sounds cool... Looks like that's what I'll be doing closer to when the season begins (looking for leagues). I was playing when I said I would pick the Bills D with my 5th pick but I DO plan on "reaching". Sometimes defenses can give you up to 20-30 points...

i'm in a league with old college buddies. We hardly get to see each other and use ff to keep in touch/ keep the friendly ribbing going. Last year, 6 hours before the draft our commissioner logged in and changed all the settings from a standard league to 3 offense, and a bunch of defensive players. making offensive scores worth next to nothing and sacks/picks/shutouts worth a ton. he changed the name of the league to "DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"...

it was funny for a week. Now it's just a lame story i tell strangers on the internet

Edited by Canks

In all of my previous FFLs which I was in 2 for a total of 10 years I won 5 championships and placed 3rd every other time except once in 1 league. And I must say if you were ever in any of my leagues and you took a defense OR a Kicker in anything hut the last 2 rounds, I laughed and then gladly took your money at the end of the year. Thank you got the performance exhaust on my car, trip to Vegas, and other unmemorable things.

I play in three money leagues ($1K a pop). Won two SBs last year and lost one. Year before I went 3/3.

In each league, I make about 50 transactions throughout the season. I wouldn't dream of taking a defense till second to last round, and kicker in the last round. I routinely cut defenses and kickers and pick up those who have the best matchups for that week.

This.

I go week to week with defenses and match ups.

Thanks for refreshing my memory. The one season that we played this format I selected Takeo Spikes. I believe it was the year we signed him. In his first game, sack, forced fumble, return for touchdown. That same game he was carted off the field and he was gone.

i usually pick up all bills players for my idp guys. they were always on the field and racking crazy tackle numbers. i had george wilson,barnett last year. that eagles game was so money!

You play wayyyyyy too much fantasy football.

i also turn down leagues if i dont like the scoring format. 30 years old and retired gives you tons of extra time. lol and i live in hawaii.