Rd 5, Pick #147: LB Tank Carder - TCU

SDS

Don't care if he sucks. Best name on the team. A Mack Strong kind of a name. This kid has a great name. It's not a name with any length - but it's strong and looks and sounds real impressive. He'll sell a lot of Jerseys.

He should be the only player announced each week. That's how strong his name is.

Hey Nick, read that NY Times article on him. It's an amazing story.

He was named "Tank" as a baby, was BMX world champion at age 9...

He's a "can do" kind of guy.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! He must be plenty tough then, since he had 12 starts and was the Mountain West Conference defensive player of the year....

I thought he was conference DPOY twice? Seriously didn't I read that somewhere?

Hope he justifies my belief he will be a solid player (not a star, but a good solid, reliable player)

Why don't you think he'll become a star?

Walter Football.Com Draft Grade:

147. Tank Carder, LB, TCU: A+ Grade

Wow. Buffalo has really improved its roster this weekend. Tank Carder would have been a second-round pick if he hadn't played hurt this past season. He's a really talented linebacker with a great work ethic. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he made it into the starting lineup in a year or two.

Love it!!

What's your beef exactly?

The guy is the 6th rated ILB prospect in the draft. He's not a reach, he's a very solid prospect who may have the potential to become great.

When you look at his history, it's clear he's a "baller", someone you should never count out.

I truly enjoyed watching Tank Carder's efforts on the field as a horned frog. That said, it's a very steep climb from the Mountain West Conference to the pro defensive game. I look at Carder's body of work, and I don't really see a pro translation. I don't see him shedding blockers on blitzes, I see him as being very weak in coverage, and the amount of arm, and toe tackling he's gotten away with at TCU simply wouldn't fly at all in the NFL.

He plays hashmark to hashmark but doesn't have tremendous closing speed. This is one of those rare times that I Love the kid, but don't really like the pick. IMO Kuechly was THE guy to take for Mike or SAM linebacker.

I still have hopes that Tank Carder will fit in somehow. Of all the 2012 daftees, I believe that Carder and Sanders have the strongest work ethic, and the biggest upside in terms of character. I really hope they both turn out to be ballers.

Edited by #34fan

Positives: Non-stop motor; seems to never get tired and will always be around the football. Very good short area quickness; is up there with any linebacker in his first two steps.

Negatives: He really needs to get into the weight room and get stronger if he wants to hold up for the grind that is the NFL season. His aggressiveness can be a problem because he has a tendency to overrun plays.

Great pickup! He should bulk up a bit more with our other Florida State LB friend whose jacked as I ever seen haha.