Buddy Nix on The Herd

Said if he were the jets, he would have drafted ingram instead of coples. Said chargers got a steal out of him, and he is the best pure pass rushee in draft. Other than that, same old stuff. Said one of the best receivers left was hill, and I think he threw quicks name out there too

Said if he were the jets, he would have drafted ingram instead of coples. Said chargers got a steal out of him, and he is the best pure pass rushee in draft. Other than that, same old stuff. Said one of the best receivers left was hill, and I think he threw quicks name out there too

This is very telling. Thanks for the update.

I wouldn't read too much into the wr comment. Colin asked him that the rams have the 1st pick today, they need a wr, and if buddy were them, which wr would he pick. Buddy went through the receivers and said basically what we knew. Hill was the first one he talked about though. He said something like, if they are looking for talent, hill is their guy, but for a receiver with a body of work, they would go somwhere else

It was a good interview. Colin was gushing all over Buddy. Kind of made me feel a little uncomfortable it was so bad.

Buddy seemed very honest. He said that "we" go by body of work when evaluating players. Taken into who his history of drafting is that isn't a smoke screen. No one year wonders.

So now my question is out of all of the players left in the draft who has the better body of work? When he was talking about WR he mentioned Hill as not having the body of work Quick had. I take that to mean that Hill won't be drafted by the Bills.

He also touched a little on off field issues. Basically to sum it up. He goes by a case by case scenario. If there is a player that has repeated issues in high school then college then he stays away from them (Malcom Floyd?).

Also said that Martin from Stanford is going to be a very good lineman for someone. Hint hint?

I hope that was a smoke screen because Hill is crap. He has all of the measurables, height, speed, and size, which is why he is projected high. Rueben Randle is MUCH more polished and as Gregg Rosenthal said, there isnt a large difference between Randle and the top 10 WR's (Blackmon/Floyd).

I hope that was a smoke screen because Hill is crap. He has all of the measurables, height, speed, and size, which is why he is projected high. Rueben Randle is MUCH more polished and as Gregg Rosenthal said, there isnt a large difference between Randle and the top 10 WR's (Blackmon/Floyd).

well, unless you include things like blocking in being polished. hill probably has a more well rounded experience, but at the expense of some touches a routes

didnt he say quick was the best WR and someone will be enamored with hills workout but quick is best. and best player available was martin. i was shocked he said so much. cowherd loves buddy for his days with the chargers and says bills are his afc pop team. he said that a days ago too and he really likes bills this year and picks them to go 10-6. i know a lot of people hate cowherd here but i like him. hes states hes not a analyst or a writer just a talk show guy.