We're the government - we're smarter than you (again)

http://news.yahoo.com/rural-kids-parents-angry-labor-dept-rule-banning-054605888.html

The new regulations, first proposed August 31 by Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, would also revoke the government’s approval of safety training and certification taught by independent groups like 4-H and FFA, replacing them instead with a 90-hour federal government training course.

Probably well intentioned legislation... but then again, it sounded good to get every American to own a home (whether they could afford it was another story), and every child to get loans to go the College (whether is meant a job that enabled them to repay is another story).....

LOL.

Look, nobody like to see kids get hurt on a farm, we can all agree with this. But whose job is it to ensure the Children are safe on farms... I am going to say Parents....

Probably well intentioned legislation... but then again, it sounded good to get every American to own a home (whether they could afford it was another story), and every child to get loans to go the College (whether is meant a job that enabled them to repay is another story).....

LOL.

Look, nobody like to see kids get hurt on a farm, we can all agree with this. But whose job is it to ensure the Children are safe on farms... I am going to say Parents....

Wrong, wrong, wrong! The problem is that farms are inherently unsafe. Instead of training children to handle danger, we need to be protected FROM danger. The answer is more user friendly livestock. Scottish farmers and New Zealanders have successfully raised a more gentle and loving sheep, why can't the same be done for cows, pigs and horses?

Wrong, wrong, wrong! The problem is that farms are inherently unsafe. Instead of training children to handle danger, we need to be protected FROM danger. The answer is more user friendly livestock. Scottish farmers and New Zealanders have successfully raised a more gentle and loving sheep, why can't the same be done for cows, pigs and horses?

It's a conspiracy. The Republicans are in the pockets of Big Livestock.

I'd say let's get the pitchforks and have a rally, but the goverment recently enacted a 5 day waiting period on purchasing them, and a mandatory 6 hour training class on their use.

We can still use torches, right? Or do we need a special Hazmat license to handle flammable materials?

What's the difference between a 12 year old kid working on the family farm and a 12 year old kid mowing the lawn and trimming the hedges. Or don't 12 year old kids to that anymore?

Longer hours, harder work (ever bale hay? Real pain in the ass, far worse than mowing the lawn).

Longer hours, harder work (ever bale hay? Real pain in the ass, far worse than mowing the lawn).

Not the point. It's my property, my kids. Where does the government get off telling me what chores I can and cannot have my kids do.