What's Next for Sabres Fans

ajzepp

Though my wife is rooting for Briere (she's not from Buffalo, so she just doesn't understand), I'd rather poke my eye out with a #2 Ticonderoga than cheer for the Phlyers. :P

LOL...awww....alright :( Can't blame me for tryin' though! ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Philadelphia and no Boston. No. Not at all. I don't care if it is little girls pony league badminton. No Philadelphia and no Boston. And if they play each other, cancel the series and send them to a faraway distant place.

While I admire Briere, I have to wonder if you saw Perreault play. If not, review SOME of the highlights on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gilbert+perreault&oq=gilbert+perreault&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=youtube.3..0l10.173.4565.0.14010.12.12.0.7.7.0.211.790.0j4j1.5.0.

For the sake of humanity, Go Caps.

I'm pretty sure the Big Pooj will share in this a little bit with me now that he has had time to fully acclimate himself to the Philly sports culture...eh Pooj? :thumbsup:

Daaaaaaaang....if you guys could be GM of the Sabres for one night, what would you give up to get Claude Giroux? I'm not enough of a hockey conoisseur to know how he would already compare to some of the greats early on in their careers, but c'mon...you gotta give it UP for this kid! I've been watching the Flyers for around 17 years, and while we've had some pretty solid teams we've never had a team this deep, and quite possibly never had one as talented. My favorite flyer has always been John LeClair, but Monsieur Giroux has my attention!

DAMMMIT, these russian morons in goal....

WOOHOOO!!!! BRIERE WITH THE OT BEAUTY!!

Edited by ajzepp

As always, Briere >>>>>>>>>> Drury.

To me, Briere was under-appreciated or underrated as Drury was overrated. And, Briere really wanted to stay in Buffalo...he was pretty emotional about it. Sabres treated him like ****, IMO, because they were putting all their eggs in the Drury basket...in the end, as we all know, the Sabres were left for nothing, and have never really recovered from that disasterous off-season. Everytime Briere does one of those goal celebrations, even in a Philly sweater, to me it is a big "FU" to Sabres ownership (Golisano), Darcy and Lindy...not Buffalo.

Well said.

Daaaaaaaang....if you guys could be GM of the Sabres for one night, what would you give up to get Claude Giroux? I'm not enough of a hockey conoisseur to know how he would already compare to some of the greats early on in their careers, but c'mon...you gotta give it UP for this kid! I've been watching the Flyers for around 17 years, and while we've had some pretty solid teams we've never had a team this deep, and quite possibly never had one as talented. My favorite flyer has always been John LeClair, but Monsieur Giroux has my attention!

DAMMMIT, these russian morons in goal....

WOOHOOO!!!! BRIERE WITH THE OT BEAUTY!!

The Flyers have a good mix of draftees and pickups. Schenn was an unbelievable pickup. I am sorry but I cannot nor will not ever root for the Flyers in this or any other lifetime.

The Flyers have a good mix of draftees and pickups. Schenn was an unbelievable pickup. I am sorry but I cannot nor will not ever root for the Flyers in this or any other lifetime.

lol

Danny Briere just would not have fit in with this Sabres team. We just don't need another scorer. I am so glad that we kept Afiniganov and Koatilik. They were just younger and had more potential.

Danny Briere just would not have fit in with this Sabres team. We just don't need another scorer. I am so glad that we kept Afiniganov and Koatilik. They were just younger and had more potential.

Kotalik and his backhander in shootouts was so worth keeping over briere's leadership and point per game playoff scoring. I'm so glad they kept capt. Concussion connolly. !@#$ you Darcy and anyone else who was involved in those awful decisions. I can't remember what role Larry Quinn had in that.

Sorry aj, but it appears that your Flyers will soon be joining the Sabres on the links.

Ugh. I can't stand the Devils. Neither can their fan(s). And I won't be so quick to call the series over. More teams rally from deficits in the NHL than any other sport.

Ugh. I can't stand the Devils. Neither can their fan(s). And I won't be so quick to call the series over. More teams rally from deficits in the NHL than any other sport.

Want to bet on it? ;)

Want to bet on it? ;)

Ha. It's a fool's bet and I'd need some really good odds. But seriously, the Flyers are a million times more interesting than the Devils. They destroyed hockey for years with the trap. Their fanbase is a joke as well. When my team is done, I root for the best story. New Jersey doesn't fit that at all.

Ha. It's a fool's bet and I'd need some really good odds. But seriously, the Flyers are a million times more interesting than the Devils. They destroyed hockey for years with the trap. Their fanbase is a joke as well. When my team is done, I root for the best story. New Jersey doesn't fit that at all.

Oh, I don't disagree with you. I think the Flyers are a more exciting team, but I hate them all the same. But the Devs' strategy is a winning one.

lol

AJ, dig the new avatar! Hate the teams! :thumbsup:

That said, would much prefer the Flyers to advance than the friggin' Devils...if there is a New Jersey/Los Angeles final, I am not sure I could watch any of it.

Looks like my Celtics and your 76ers are headed for a 2nd round playoff series. May the best villan win! :P

I can't believe you guys are bumping this thread already. Please don't jinx it!

:devil:

AJ, dig the new avatar! Hate the teams! :thumbsup:

That said, would much prefer the Flyers to advance than the friggin' Devils...if there is a New Jersey/Los Angeles final, I am not sure I could watch any of it.

Looks like my Celtics and your 76ers are headed for a 2nd round playoff series. May the best villan win! :P

Oh man, we are basically the beneficiary of the Noah and Rose injuries on the Bulls, but hey, all we can do is beat the team they put in front of us, right? :D I don't know that we have the firepower to get past the 2nd round, especially since our 3-pt shooting is abysmal....but we'll play good D, that's for sure!

Sorry aj, but it appears that your Flyers will soon be joining the Sabres on the links.

Winning three in a row against Brodeur would be some rough waters...I think you're right that the ride may be over...really a bummer since they were starting to just explode on offense. Oh well...another good run by the boys in orange!