When/IF did you give up on the Bills this year?

85 members have voted

1. 1. When/IF did you give up on the Bills this year?

• 0-4
    • 1-5
    • 3-6
    • I never gave up (well sort of never)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

0-4, and Ralph Wilson did the same thing that I did that day against the Jests:

He SAID that the comeback we made in the 4th DID NOT MATTER because we were horrid that game... He was right; it was embarassing, and the team was looking poor. The New England blowout was fully expected by me, as we have ALWAYS LOST on the road at night by OUTRAGEOUS scores (NE, KC, PIT), ESPECIALLY AT KC!

So if Ralph was disbelieving at 0-4, I am in good company.

I can't say that I ever gave up, but when they were down 10-0 to the Rams a week after the egg-laying in Foxboro, it was pretty damn close. I don't remember thinking that they could still make the playoffs, but I looked at the schedule and saw the toughest game was @Seattle. All they had to do was survive that one....

I do remember thinking that the losses to Jacksonville & Oakland would definitely come back to bite them.

I don't know if I ever "gave up" on the Bills. My expectation before the season began was that we would be an 8-8 or 9-7 team and not make the playoffs. (Figured Mularkey needed a year to "get his feet wet.") When we started off 0-4, I questioned my earlier expectation but then looked at the latter part of the schedule and still thought we had a good chance to finish 7-9 or 8-8. So I never gave up on the team but I also never thought we would seriously challenge for a playoff spot (until we beat the Bengals soundly and the chips began to fall into place.)

Never stopped rooting for them, but god, the Sunday night NE game was killer. I and all my friends so believed that the Bills would compete (and possibly win) that game and it was a disaster by halftime. I thought this year, and Bledsoe, were done for after that. Glad they proved me wrong. ;)

Good poll FFS.  I shut off the second NE game and started doing work related stuff.  I packed it in.  I came back to life during the Seattle game, which I branded the first "real" test.

This turnaround is akin to the Oilers playoff game.  It would be a shame not to view the damage this team could do in the playoffs...but we need to stop a 13 game winning streak and get some help for that to happen.

183738[/snapback]

The only win streak I care about is the 11 game win streak that we carry into next season ;)

I was motivated by the gutless tools who DID quit on the team at 0-4 and who posted over and over and over ad nauseum that the season is over, put in Shane...put in JP...the season is over, the season is over, the season is over. For some reason I would get ridiculously pissed at those people and felt it necessary to take the contrary position.

183898[/snapback]

Me too. And it's just more fun to be optimistic about things which I have no control over.