Floyd

I posted this in another thread but I'm getting a strange feeling that Floyd goes before our 10th pick. Blackmon falls to us..... and we pass too.

Take something. Tums or Maalox. That is extremely unlikely. Minn, Cleveland, Tampa, St. Louis, Jax, Miami and Carolina all need another WR.

Take something. Tums or Maalox. That is extremely unlikely. Minn, Cleveland, Tampa, St. Louis, Jax, Miami and Carolina all need another WR.

I don't get the "take something" part. Poor attempt at whatever you were trying to do. I'm just saying it's a hunch I have. Most years there's something unpredictable that happens.

For what it's worth...Mike Lombardi reported last night that he's hearing (through his league sources I would presume) The Bills want to use #10 overall on Defense...

I think there is depth at the WR position with speed and size...The other factor here is WR is not exactly a plug-and-play position...It usually takes some time regardless of how good the prospect is...Personally, as a pure WR, I don't see a big difference between a guy like Floyd, and a guy like Alshon Jeffery...In fact I like Jeffery better, but admittedly that's just me...

Anyway...I no longer think Floyd is in the plans at #10...I think it's down to Kuechly, Gilmore, or Glenn... B-)

did floyd even make a visit? if not then id think it might be a bad sign for him at 10th overall

Make sure you give the luncheon and WGR with Nix a look...He stated he visited extensively with Floyd at the combine and at his pro day but after listening to the whole luncheon and WGR I would predict the pick to be Gilmore unless someone they weren't expecting to fall does

For what it's worth...Mike Lombardi reported last night that he's hearing (through his league sources I would presume) The Bills want to use #10 overall on Defense...

I think there is depth at the WR position with speed and size...The other factor here is WR is not exactly a plug-and-play position...It usually takes some time regardless of how good the prospect is...Personally, as a pure WR, I don't see a big difference between a guy like Floyd, and a guy like Alshon Jeffery...In fact I like Jeffery better, but admittedly that's just me...

Anyway...I no longer think Floyd is in the plans at #10...I think it's down to Kuechly, Gilmore, or Glenn... B-)

jeffery better than floyd? thats a laugh riot lol no offense but come on.. If that was the case we would be talking about jeffery in the 1st and not floyd.. which isn't the case at all. Floyd had 100 catches last year from a QB I can't even name. Kid is productive, huge, can catch the ball when double teamed, and can block excellent and also has amazing hands (obviously) I think it's down to him or kueckly.. CB is deep this year and nix even said T is deep this year as he values T's differntly

I honestly don't get the love for Floyd

The kid has some issues and baggage. Can he get off press? He gets moved and rerouted a lot off the line.

Watching both Blackmon vs Floyd against Stanford. Floyd had 8 catches for 92 yards and one TD. Blackmon had 8 catches for 182 and 3 TD's

Floyd against top 25 teams this past year, one TD and 23 catches in 4 games is really abysmal.

I'd take Kendal Wright over Floyd, he doesn't have the height that Floyd does but he has more big play potential IMO

You're not the only one. Drafting a WR in the top 10, you have to be completely sure his head is screwed on straight just for the shear fact that there are so many nut jobs at that position in the NFL. The crazy guys only get more crazy when they become famous pro athletes with a whole lot of money to blow. It's not just Floyd btw, today I heard that Blackmon went to Vegas after his bowl game instead of flying home with his team. That doesn't sound too promising. No way do I want Floyd, if Blackmon falls to the Bills and they pick him, then they still have a potential head case "me" guy.

There's zero chance that Floyd is getting picked by the Bills because he did not visit them on site. I know it's hard for the Floyd fans to come to grips with this, but it's not going to happen.

The pick will end up being Kuechly or Gilmore. Both "plug and play" guys you don't have to worry about what they're doing after they leave the field.

I honestly don't get the love for Floyd

The kid has some issues and baggage. Can he get off press? He gets moved and rerouted a lot off the line.

Watching both Blackmon vs Floyd against Stanford. Floyd had 8 catches for 92 yards and one TD. Blackmon had 8 catches for 182 and 3 TD's

Floyd against top 25 teams this past year, one TD and 23 catches in 4 games is really abysmal.

I'd take Kendal Wright over Floyd, he doesn't have the height that Floyd does but he has more big play potential IMO

Wow. I completely disagree with all of this.

1) Baggage? He got popped twice for underage drinking and a DUI (terrible). But I'm sure a lot of posters can say they did similar things when they were that age. He was completely clean this year.

2) Wright is a slot receiver at best and will probably never be a starting receiver on the outside. He is like a fatter, slower Lee Evans.

3) If Weeden was 21 or 22, he'd be a 1st round pick. Floyd played with scrubs at QB and the best one he played with, Clausen, was one of the worst NFL Qbs I have ever seen. He is the #1 option for defenses to stop.

IMO, he is the perfect compliment across from Stevie Johnson. He is a good blocker and competes for the ball. I think there is a huge dropoff from Floyd to the rest of the receivers. visions of Hardy's class are dancing in my head. Floyd would be a great pick.

You're not the only one. Drafting a WR in the top 10, you have to be completely sure his head is screwed on straight just for the shear fact that there are so many nut jobs at that position in the NFL. The crazy guys only get more crazy when they become famous pro athletes with a whole lot of money to blow. It's not just Floyd btw, today I heard that Blackmon went to Vegas after his bowl game instead of flying home with his team. That doesn't sound too promising. No way do I want Floyd, if Blackmon falls to the Bills and they pick him, then they still have a potential head case "me" guy.

There's zero chance that Floyd is getting picked by the Bills because he did not visit them on site. I know it's hard for the Floyd fans to come to grips with this, but it's not going to happen.

The pick will end up being Kuechly or Gilmore. Both "plug and play" guys you don't have to worry about what they're doing after they leave the field.

You're probably right and it will be a big disappointment for me. He is VJax Jr. and would have made this offseason a slam dunk.

Make sure you give the luncheon and WGR with Nix a look...He stated he visited extensively with Floyd at the combine and at his pro day but after listening to the whole luncheon and WGR I would predict the pick to be Gilmore unless someone they weren't expecting to fall does

I think there's a good chance that Gilmore is the pick.

If he's as good as everyone is saying, I'd be alright with taking him.

If he is he'd go straight into the starting lineup and upgrade the position.

With the new pass rush, you want as many ball athletes in the defensive backfield as you can find.

Rush the passer and cover his targets.

Create pass game turnovers.