The #10 pick will be...

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/4/18/2957136/2012-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-pre-draft-visitors-full-list#storyjump

"The full list is after the jump, but here above the fold, we're going to talk about some guys that did not make visits. The two big names, obviously, are Iowa offensive tackle Riley Reiff and Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd. In terms of mock draft picks for the Bills, these two guys combined probably comprise at least four out of every five predictions. It's probably more than that. Yet neither came through the doors at One Bills Drive, nor will they.

The only reason we bring up who didn't visit the team is the fact that both of the team's first-round picks under GM Buddy Nix - Clemson running back C.J. Spiller and Alabama defensive lineman Marcell Dareus - made pre-draft visits with the club. It's a trend that may ultimately prove meaningless, but it's definitely worth noting."

From reading all of Nix's quotes, it sounds like the Bills would like to draft a Left Tackle, a WR in the build of Calvin Johnson, a WR in the mold of Roscoe Parrish (minus the fragile body), an OLB, two CB's, and a QB (if a QB they want is on the board when it's the Bills turn at the podium). Don't expect the Bills to trade up, as Nix does not like to give up draft picks, but don't be surprised to see the Bills trade back to gain more picks. The Bills will take the BPA at #10 (if they don't trade down). Nix will not reach for a player, as he stated would set the team back 3 to 4 years (wish Donahoe and Marv Levy took this approach).

We've got less than two weeks to go until draft day. While we know what positions Buddy Nix plans on addressing in the draft, it's anyone's guess what round these positions will be filled in.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/4/18/2957136/2012-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-pre-draft-visitors-full-list#storyjump

"The full list is after the jump, but here above the fold, we're going to talk about some guys that did not make visits.

The two big names, obviously, are Iowa offensive tackle Riley Reiff and Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd. In terms of mock draft picks for the Bills, these two guys combined probably comprise at least four out of every five predictions. It's probably more than that. Yet neither came through the doors at One Bills Drive, nor will they.

The only reason we bring up who didn't visit the team is the fact that both of the team's first-round picks under GM Buddy Nix - Clemson running back C.J. Spiller and Alabama defensive lineman Marcell Dareus - made pre-draft visits with the club. It's a trend that may ultimately prove meaningless, but it's definitely worth noting."

If this is true, then the Bills will draft either Riley Reiff or Michael Floyd at #10.

Meh...it might mean something, and it might not. It's worth noting that Nix is very character-driven, so the fact that both Reiff and Floyd have had off-field incidents may take them off his board completely (if he's super-staunch about it).

Or it could be that they're playing things really close to the vest.

Or they might already have a good feel for those guys, so they don't need to bring them in.

Or it could be that they just don't like the players.

Just a lot of conjecture out there right now.

Good news is that we'll find out in 8 days.

Meh...it might mean something, and it might not. It's worth noting that Nix is very character-driven, so the fact that both Reiff and Floyd have had off-field incidents may take them off his board completely (if he's super-staunch about it).

Or it could be that they're playing things really close to the vest.

Or they might already have a good feel for those guys, so they don't need to bring them in.

Or it could be that they just don't like the players.

Just a lot of conjecture out there right now.

Good news is that we'll find out in 8 days.

All good points!

1.) The last two first-round picks by the Bills both made pre-draft visits with the Bills.

2.) Therefore, the Bills will pick someone who they DIDN'T bring in for a visit.

QED

Exactly what I was thinking...I'm confused... B-)

I really hope they consider floyd I just want a legit #2 for once. 2 good wideouts will give us a really good shot at weeping the jets.

25 good wideouts in this draft and 5 ( at the most) good tackles. After Bobby Massie there aren't any tackles worth taking in first three rounds... so go tackle first grab any of 25 wide recivers later. :beer:

"The full list is after the jump, but here above the fold, we're going to talk about some guys that did not make visits.

The two big names, obviously, are Iowa offensive tackle Riley Reiff and Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd. In terms of mock draft picks for the Bills, these two guys combined probably comprise at least four out of every five predictions. It's probably more than that. Yet neither came through the doors at One Bills Drive, nor will they.

If this is true, then the Bills will draft either Riley Reiff or Michael Floyd at #10.

Still not ruling out Kuechly.

If what is true? I don't follow the logic.

Buffalo Rumblings stated that Spiller & Dareus did not make pre-draft visits to Buffalo, but they were both taken by the Bills in the first round. So, if there is someone the Bills really want to draft in the first round, most likely they didn't bring that player to Buffalo for a pre-draft visit (if what Buffalo Rumblings says is true about Dareus & Spiller not making pre-draft visits).

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Buffalo Rumblings stated that Spiller & Dareus did not make pre-draft visits to Buffalo, but they were both taken by the Bills in the first round. So, if there is someone the Bills really want to draft in the first round, most likely they didn't bring that player to Buffalo for a pre-draft visit.

Actually they said they did make visits, and they did make visits.

25 good wideouts in this draft and 5 ( at the most) good tackles. After Bobby Massie there aren't any tackles worth taking in first three rounds... so go tackle first grab any of 25 wide recivers later. :beer:

please lis this 25 WR's because it looks to me after blackmon/floyd the grade/talent level drops alot. Also there will be more than those 2 gone in the 1st anyways I see at least wright and hill/randle going in the first with sanu and jeffery coming off early 2nd so I don't see this logic. And even scouts and anaylists don't think half of those WR's can be a starting WR. Most would do good in the slot which isnt what we need

please lis this 25 WR's because it looks to me after blackmon/floyd the grade/talent level drops alot. Also there will be more than those 2 gone in the 1st anyways I see at least wright and hill/randle going in the first with sanu and jeffery coming off early 2nd so I don't see this logic. And even scouts and anaylists don't think half of those WR's can be a starting WR. Most would do good in the slot which isnt what we need

Wright, Hill, Broyles, Adams, Criner, Toon, McNutt, Randle, Jeffrey, Sanu, Quick, Givens, Jenkins, Hilton, Jones....

While there may not be 25 equivalent prospects, it appears good talent will spill into the 4th round. A good LT may spill into the 4th round, but A. it's less likely, and B. He would not help much this year. I would bet almost anyone the Bills take a WR in the 4th. BPA at 10 and best OT in the 2nd (without reaching) if not addressed at 10.

Edited by JPS

Buffalo Rumblings stated that Spiller & Dareus did not make pre-draft visits to Buffalo, but they were both taken by the Bills in the first round. So, if there is someone the Bills really want to draft in the first round, most likely they didn't bring that player to Buffalo for a pre-draft visit (if what Buffalo Rumblings says is true about Dareus & Spiller not making pre-draft visits).

Actually they said they did make visits, and they did make visits.

Uh-oh. I think we just confirmed this thread is stillborn.... :oops:

1.) The last two first-round picks by the Bills both made pre-draft visits with the Bills.

2.) Therefore, the Bills will pick someone who they DIDN'T bring in for a visit.

QED

So you are going with the law of averages on this one?

So you are going with the law of averages on this one?

Prognostication is sweeping the nation.

8 days from now we will find out the pick. Making statements like "So and so WILL be the pick" is slightly ridiculous. That is, unless you are NGU. Then, the world of TBD stops and listens.

Uh-oh. I think we just confirmed this thread is stillborn.... :oops:

That's what I get for quickly reading an article :doh:

After reading all of Buddy Nix's quotes, here's what I came up with for positional players that he will be looking at in the draft: a Left Tackle, a WR in the build of Calvin Johnson, a WR in the mold of Roscoe Parrish (minus the fragile body), an OLB, two CB's, and a QB (if a QB they want is on the board when it's the Bills turn at the podium). Don't expect the Bills to trade up, as Nix does not like to give up draft picks, but don't be surprised to see the Bills trade back to gain more picks. Now after re-reading the article :oops: IMO the Bills will take the BPA at #10 (if they don't trade down). Nix will not reach for a player, as he stated would set the team back 3 to 4 years (wish Donahoe and Marv Levy took this approach). While we know what positions Buddy Nix plans on addressing in the draft, it's anyone's guess what round these positions will be filled in.

Edited by Jerry Jabber