1st Round Pick comes down to BPA

Funny, I just wrote a long post on BPA versus Fill-a-Need strategies in the Draft. I think BPA is the way to go and if we get Barron I would not be dissapointed. I a sick of watching Gronk dominate us twice a year.

I have a sneaking suspicion Mark Barron will be the pick. No LT visits, Buddy's history, BPA and gut feeling.

Of 30 visits, 5 were LTs, 4 of which were first rounders. Outside of DE, which is probably the least position of need, there were more LTs brought in than any other position.

Chasing your tail. You can't let a safety go in Whitner...draft a safety in Searcy and blow another top pick on a safety unless he is the next Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed combined.

I'm a little wary of defensive backs that played behind superior front 7s. I just wonder if he can duplicate success at the next level with more speed and less help. I'm not killing Barron. I just wonder.

Chasing your tail. You can't let a safety go in Whitner...draft a safety in Searcy and blow another top pick on a safety unless he is the next Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed combined.

I'm a little wary of defensive backs that played behind superior front 7s. I just wonder if he can duplicate success at the next level with more speed and less help. I'm not killing Barron. I just wonder.

Chasing my tail and speculating as well. In essence what I believe, Mel Kiper, or anyone else believes doesn't matter, Buddy and crew will make the choice, I still feel BPA will have to be the choice considering the players available for our pick. And I am guessing Barron is highly thought of.

We have had our 30 visits & seeing as one of our needs is a LB & with all they are saying about Kueachly i think as far as value at 10 BPA , & the safest , most productive player at the time we pick he would be the best at 10 .

But Buddy knows a lot more about this stuff than any of us do so i think he will continue to do what he & his staff has been doing & brings our Bills back to prominence again !!

Whoever the Bills select, I just want him to be a really good player. I don’t care what position he plays. Buddy’s done a good job of upgrading the talent level, and I just want another example of that. So, yes, BPA. But that’s me. I’m a simple man.

LOL....Guy 5-25 are all the same...there is no BPA at #10 in this draft

Actually there really is a clear distinction between the top 6-8 players....and #9-22, for most of the value/mock draft guys.

So, why would anyone want to trade up to 10? If all the players are basically in the same boat, might as well stay where you are and keep your picks.

BPA is really BPAs at #10....and regardless of who we take....they will be called a reach. (I plan on starting a thread with that exact title on draft day, just to try and get ahead of it)

The only way we don't get the "reach" tag associated to our #10, is if one of the top 6-8 players drops to us, and we take him.

In essence what I believe, Mel Kiper, or anyone else believes doesn't matter.

Kiper feels the same about you.

Drafting really isn't that difficult if you know the strengths and weaknesses of your team. Knowing the weaknesses, you draft a player that you think will play better than the player you now have at any position. The draftee doesn't have to be elite, just better than what you have. Getting just three or four of those players in a single draft means you've had a successful draft and you've improved your team.

Kiper feels the same about you.

Drafting really isn't that difficult if you know the strengths and weaknesses of your team. Knowing the weaknesses, you draft a player that you think will play better than the player you now have at any position. The draftee doesn't have to be elite, just better than what you have. Getting just three or four of those players in a single draft means you've had a successful draft and you've improved your team.

Apparently, Chalie Casserly agrees with my speculation.....check out NFL.COM

Apparently, Chalie Casserly agrees with my speculation.....check out NFL.COM

Just exactly what are you speculating about? That Barron is a good player. That's not speculation. That Buffalo will select BPA? When did Casserly say that? If he said that, why are they paying him to say anything? Where is the insight in that statement? I've also heard Casserly say that Barron is not in Eric Berry's class. So, what makes him the BPA at #10?

If Buffalo selects BPA, I sure hope its a player at a position where we need some help.