Strength of Schedule = No Excuses

Saw on ESPN web site that Bills only have 5 games against "quality" opponents (funny, Patriots have even fewer at 4 games against "quality" opponents).

This is based on 2011 records.

If we accept that Bills have an "easy" schedule in 2012, AND, with all the defensive moves in the offseason + what's in store in the draft, as I see it, Bills win a minimum of 9 games.

Projected Wins

Miami 2

Jets 1

Patriots 1

Houston 0

Indy 1

Denver 1

San Fran 0

Cardinals 1

Jags 1

Ravens 0

St Louis 1

Seahawks 1

There you go! .... 10 wins ... we are in playoffs!

If they can't pull at least 9 wins out of their a** then we r F**ked.

You saw it here first.

I get the basic foundation of your statement, but the truth is strength of schedule should NEVER dictate the number of wins....I understand when you play teams during the year, a team's "off" year can be to your team's advantage, but since the NFL is rarely if EVER aligned as predicted, this is a non-issue....the BILLS simply have to win, regardless of their projected opponent...

Saw on ESPN web site that Bills only have 5 games against "quality" opponents (funny, Patriots have even fewer at 4 games against "quality" opponents).

If we accept that Bills have an "easy" schedule in 2012, AND, with all the defensive moves in the offseason + what's in store in the draft, as I see it, Bills win a minimum of 9 games.

Projected Wins

Miami 2

Jets 1

Patriots 1

Houston 0

Indy 1

Denver 1

San Fran 0

Cardinals 1

Jags 1

Ravens 0

St Louis 1

Seahawks 1

You saw it here first.

It's a good sign but it's based only on last years schedule. If you have been a fan of football for any length of time you know some teams get better and some teams get worse. Injuries, free agency, breakout players, etc. Your own expectations of our team speaks volumes. Based on our 6-10 record last year we look like an easy out but we all feel we have made some significant improvements and we haven't even reached the draft yet.

I think you have to have a little more patience than to expect a 180 next year solely based on strength of schedule which is based on last year's record. Personally I do fully expect us to make the play offs as I did last year IF WE STAY HEALTHY! When we were firing on all cylinders we looked like a play off team. Once the injuries started piling up and hit deep at positions like WR and CB, we fell off.

Take a look sometime if you can find the "strength of schedule" for previous years and see how that compared to end of season record. Strength of schedule before a single game has been played is not meaningless but it is sometimes far from accurate.

Edited by PDaDdy

I agree the schedule "might" be easy, but two trips out west at San Fran and probably/possibly Seattle. These are very tough games given the travel.

Seattle is a home game. They have a ball-hawking defense, but an unproven QB corps and a volatile O-line. I expect a good game, but the Bills defense, if as good as projected, should be the difference maker.

I like the totals from below. I'd expect a L in Denver, but I also expect to take two from the Jests. Still adds up to 10 wins.

Miami 2

Jets 2

Patriots 1

Houston 0

Indy 1

Denver 0

San Fran 0

Cardinals 1

Jags 1

Ravens 0

St Louis 1

Seahawks 1

Projected Wins

Miami 2

Jets 1

Patriots 1

Houston 0

Indy 1

Denver 1

San Fran 0

Cardinals 1

Jags 1

Ravens 0

St Louis 1

Seahawks 1

You saw it here first.

The Patriots have less because we play eachother. and we are not counted as a quality opponent YET.

Go Bills!!!