Feedback on my Mock

iLikeChix

Hey guys. I've put a lot of time into my mock draft and was hoping that you could give me some constructive criticism. I predicted Dareus and Sheppard last year, and feel like I have a better feel this year for Buddy's strategy towards the draft (we also have less holes to fill!!). My research has mostly consisted of watching NFLdraftanalysis video's on youtube (complete tapes of a player, not just the highlights) and also reading scouting reports on NFL Draft Scout. I have brief rationale for each pick (excuse my grammar). Have at it and GO BILLS!

Round 1:

T. Cordy Glenn. Georgia. 6’5’’ 345 lbs.

35 and ¾ arms. Very quick feet with the ability to slide and stop edge rushers. Nasty run blocker. Cannot be bull rushed. All SEC left tackle. Has lots of experience at both guard and tackle. Perfect fit for the Bills. Would probably start day 1 over Hairston. Glenn is actually moving up a lot of draft boards now, whereas Martin and Reif are falling due to size limitations.

Round 2

Mohamed Sanu. WR. Rutgers. 6’2’’ 211lbs

Hopefully he's still here! Can run the entire route tree. Lacks elite speed, but can challenge vertically on tape. Very good runner after the catch, this fits well with Buffalo’s quick passing scheme. Bigger receiver. Good runner out of a wildcat or reverse system. Very good blocker. Pretty safe pick here as he can help the Bills in a lot of ways. Even if we leave Donald out as the #2, Sanu would do serious damage inside. Has the size and strength to win jump balls in the end zone. Definitely makes the Bills better and gives them a body on the outside that they don’t have. “Open when he’s covered kind of guy.”

Round 3

OLB. Nigel Bradham. FSU. 6’2’’ 240 LBS.

Good fit as a Sam or Will linebacker in our 4-3 defense. Fast and athletic enough to cover tight ends. Fast to react to plays. Can chase down backs from sideline to sideline. Good rusher. Long arms and tenacity to fight off blocks. More of a second round prospect, but for some reason is supposed to go in the 3rd round. It would be great for him to learn under Kirk who is one of the better leaders for younger players in the league. Provides good depth of our LB unit. The Bills absolutely need another guy who can play weak side. Right now our best second option is Bryan Scott who we need playing other positions.

Round 4

CB. Josh Norman. Coastal Carolina. 6’0’’ 197lbs.

Size, arm length, leaping ability, strength, and speed to be a shutdown corner. Pretty much the only corner left on the board at this point with solid measurables. Exactly what Buddy Nix is looking for. This guy is a ball hawk with an attitude. Very productive. Could have played at better schools coming out of high school, but chose not to. The talent is definitely there.

Round 4

DT. DaJohn Harris. USC 6’3’’ 306 lbs.

Can rush the passer from the DT spot. Good fit for the 4-3. Constantly drew double teams allowing Nick Perry to rack up sack totals. Whenever he was single teamed he caused havoc. Very good with his hands. When kept fresh, he’s a very good pass rusher. Good at shooting the gaps. Moves very well and is a natural athlete. Can chase down an RB or QB. The biggest secret in Buffalo right now is that Heard and Troup don't fit our scheme that well. By the way, neither does Dwan Edwards. I guess Spencer Johnson does, but he's not exactly scary.

Round 5

QB. Nick Foles. Arizona. 6’5’’ 243lbs.

I know he had a bad pro day, but at least he had a very good college career. 3 year quarterback with a lot of good production. Improved each year he was at Arizona. Very good accuracy as displayed by his accuracy percentages in college (63%, 67%, 69%.) Tall guy who can survey the field. Good work habits. Is used to playing under pressure (his offensive line was horrendous). Good decision maker. Played against elite competition. Looks very poised and confident on tape. Has the arm strength to make all the throws. When given time, he can really put some zip on passes including long out routes and deep passes. Good touch, and has the ability to lay the ball wherever it needs to go. Very heavy guy who can take hits. Moves well in the pocket. Fairly mobile, and a good athlete. Had he played for a better team, he would be a 1st or second round pick (imho). Good guy to have developing under Fitz. Provides much needed depth as the Bills do not have a developmental QB on the roster. The Bills have too many other depth needs to draft a QB before this. Brock O is not happening, and he sucks on tape anyway.

Round 5

FS. Brandon Hardin. Oregon State. 6’3’’ 216 LBS.

He ran a 4.36 forty yard dash at this size (wow). Was considered a 3rd round pick before his injury. He played well at the east west shrine game showing that his shoulder injury is now in the past. Big hitter who can blitz very well. Great run support. We need another safety behind George Wilson. I don’t feel that comfortable with Josh Nesbitt haha. Also, we need to have some more insurance if we can't resign Byrd. I do like Searcy though.

Round 6

T. Donald Stephenson. Oklahoma. 6’6’’ 312 lbs

Big frame. Long arms. Played LT and RT. Has experience and was productive. Has all the tools to be a solid LT. Is a developmental project for the Bills at LT. Another big boy for Buddy! Please keep in mind that this guy is nowhere near the athlete Glenn is. He's not even the athlete Hairston is yet. We need an upgrade over Sam Young at tackle depth though.

Round 7

Darron Thomas. QB. Oregon. 6’3’’ 219lbs.

Has the size to be an NFL QB. Above average arm strength. Poised. Very athletic. Natural athlete. Has the speed and vision to be a threat as a wildcat QB. Might be able to play some wide receiver. A lot of experience in big games. Was very successful in both high school and college. He’s a guy who always seems plays to well despite not being the perfect prospect. May not be a great pro, but he can come in and make things happen while managing a game (think V-Young). If Brad Smith goes down, this guy would be a good replacement (I'm not that high on B-Smith anyway). Good guy to have on the practice squad as well. What the hell happened to Levi Brown? I think the Bills want to take another guy to camp. I don't see Levi being a good player in the pros.

Round 7

CB. Keith Tandy. West Virginia. 5’10’’ 202 lbs.

Good playmaker to have in the nickel. Pretty good speed. Excellent tackler. Transfer from the QB position. Just continues to get better. Hard hitter. Good instincts. Kind of like Reggie Corner, but bigger and better in run support. He could turnout to be a Terrence Mcgee type of player, which would be great for the Bills. The Bills are definitely going to take at least two corners in this draft, and I think Tandy will be the best guy available.

I'd be happy because we'd have landed a possible starting Lt, Wr, OLB and cb with the first 4 picks. I don't think glenn has quick feet though. Of everything I've read, that's the one thing he's going to have issues with playing LT, mobility. As for Hardin, I think he's a player, but you act as if searcy and Bryan Scott are on the roster. Nesbit wont be in the equation. Darron Thomas.....ugh. I'd rather stick with brad smith. There's no room for thomas on this roster.

Round 1: T. Cordy Glenn. Georgia. 6'5'' 345 lbs.

Round 2: Mohamed Sanu. WR. Rutgers. 6'2'' 211lbs

Round 3: OLB. Nigel Bradham. FSU. 6'2'' 240 LBS.

Round 4: CB. Josh Norman. Coastal Carolina. 6'0'' 197lbs.

I like this. Solid players and positions of need. Overall you've put time into this and it shows.

As for the rest I have no opinion on the players per se. I think we need depth at LB and WR more than depth at DT myself, but if the Bills think Harris can be special no doubt they'll take him. I consider Troup and Heard to be dev. prospects, as a 4th round DT would be. I think we should stock up on LB, CB, and WR as well as DT, so I don't like taking Foles in the 5th if there is anyone at other positions we like, and no way do we take two QB

I'd be happy because we'd have landed a possible starting Lt, Wr, OLB and cb with the first 4 picks. I don't think glenn has quick feet though. Of everything I've read, that's the one thing he's going to have issues with playing LT, mobility. As for Hardin, I think he's a player, but you act as if searcy and Bryan Scott are on the roster. Nesbit wont be in the equation. Darron Thomas.....ugh. I'd rather stick with brad smith. There's no room for thomas on this roster.

I've heard a lot of people say that he doesn't have quick feet, but I don't see what they're talking about when I watch the tape. I think guys like Mel Kiper are hesitant to say he has quick feet because he weighs 345lbs. However, he looks undoubtedly quicker than Mike Adams (not even close IMO). He did well against Sam Montgomery at LSU who is a pretty quick edge rusher. It was also his first year out at LT and he made first team All-SEC.

I really like Searcy and actually mentioned so in the post, but I'm not sold on B-Scott as a safety. He plays very well against TE's and does well in run support, however I question his ability to cover wideouts on deep routes. I don't think Darron Thomas will make the roster, but he's a guy I would like to have on the practice squad. Thanks for the response!

I like this. Solid players and positions of need. Overall you've put time into this and it shows.

As for the rest I have no opinion on the players per se. I think we need depth at LB and WR more than depth at DT myself, but if the Bills think Harris can be special no doubt they'll take him. I consider Troup and Heard to be dev. prospects, as a 4th round DT would be. I think we should stock up on LB, CB, and WR as well as DT, so I don't like taking Foles in the 5th if there is anyone at other positions we like, and no way do we take two QB

Thanks for the reply! Harris was probably the hardest pick for me to make. Like you, I would rather stock up on LB's and CB's because we have pretty good depth with guys like Troup and Heard. However, I personally did not see any LB or CB prospects worth taking at that fourth round spot. I could have obviously missed someone though. Either way, I wouldn't be upset if they took Harris, as I think he's a good rusher from the DT spot. I'm also not sure how Carrington will perform at DT. I really would rather have him lose 15-20 lbs and play DE. He looked good there in college and showed the ability to push the pocket. Not sure how well he can push it from the DT spot, time will tell.

I like the Glenn pick but I think I just read from ProFootballWeekly that Sanu had only four catches of over 20 yards in his entire career. No thanks. I also do not like 2 QBs. One of them is going to have a tough time making the roster, although Foles has some talent. The DT better be a very good player as I do not think there is room for one of those either with Troup, Carrington moving inside, Heard, SJohnson and DEdwards able to play both (if either are still on the team, I think Edwards is gone, but I thought he would have been released already)

I like the Glenn pick but I think I just read from ProFootballWeekly that Sanu had only four catches of over 20 yards in his entire career. No thanks. I also do not like 2 QBs. One of them is going to have a tough time making the roster, although Foles has some talent. The DT better be a very good player as I do not think there is room for one of those either with Troup, Carrington moving inside, Heard, SJohnson and DEdwards able to play both (if either are still on the team, I think Edwards is gone, but I thought he would have been released already)

Interesting point about Sanu. I wonder how much of that is a byproduct of the system he was in (I don't know). I see Troup and Carrington as question marks. Neither has produced yet. I actually see Heard as a better bet right now. How serious are Troup's back problems? Has Carrington ever played tackle? Just some questions I had in mind that led me to think that the Bills want to add another guy. Thanks for the response!

I don't think glenn has quick feet though. Of everything I've read, that's the one thing he's going to have issues with playing LT, mobility.

You really need to watch video of his later games from this year after he really grew into the position. The argument about his feet is ludicrous to me.

I've heard a lot of people say that he doesn't have quick feet, but I don't see what they're talking about when I watch the tape. I think guys like Mel Kiper are hesitant to say he has quick feet because he weighs 345lbs. However, he looks undoubtedly quicker than Mike Adams (not even close IMO). He did well against Sam Montgomery at LSU who is a pretty quick edge rusher. It was also his first year out at LT and he made first team All-SEC.

Yes! Glenn was excellent against Montgomery and Glenn is WAY more athletic than Mike Adams… who ironically Nix said was a good enough athlete. But Adams looks like Frankenstein out there compared to Glenn.

Anyways, great job Chix. You've obviously looked very deeply into all this stuff and I think you have a good grip on things. Like a few of the earlier comments, I don't/can't/don't want to see the Bills take 2 QBs. You can only develop one guy at a time.

As I've said before, I love that we have two picks in the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds. Those picks are like gold if you have a good scouting department.

35 and ¾ arms. Very quick feet with the ability to slide and stop edge rushers. Nasty run blocker. Cannot be bull rushed. All SEC left tackle. Has lots of experience at both guard and tackle.

I agree that Glenn is a Nix-type OL, but I disagree with the statement that he's got lots of experience at tackle. As far as OT, I say that Nix will only take Kalil in round 1, if Kalil's not there he'll go with Kuechly.

This would be a great draft. It helps to target specific players to add to the intrigue. Thanks for the informative post. May I add that BJ Coleman is another interesting mid-round QB prospect. Last year Buddy said he wanted a QB (Cam Newton). Coleman, Russell Wilson in spite of height, Foles and Thomas could be on the radar.

In Buddy We Trust.

I think the Bills have given their potential DL backups workout and weight targets, and are waiting for OTAs and minicamps to see 1) how they look 2) how the draft shakes out before making moves.

I think both Johnson and Edwards are likely gone, but if Troup doesn't look fully recovered in his back, or Carrington hasn't come through with whatever targets they gave him, the latter may stay and the former go.

Heard I'm not sure what you do with. I do know they like him. I also know the line wasn't looking too good with him in there for Kyle Williams.

Per Joe Buscaglia

10) Buffalo Bills - OT Cordy Glenn, Georgia

"This is the second time I've mocked Cordy Glenn to the Bills, the first of which coming in the March 2 edition. This pick makes sense for many reasons: 1) Glenn fills a huge need. With Demetress Bell now gone to Philadelphia, the Bills aren't exactly all in for Chris Hairston by the way they've been talking. 2) Glenn has the prototypical measurements that make the Bills drool. Look across their roster, it's prototype height and weight. They asked Erik Pears to bulk up with strength to meet the prototype in order to win the starting job at right tackle. At 6-foot-5, 345-pounds and with 35 and 3/4-inch arms, Glenn is by far the prototype. 3) His versatility. Before taking over left tackle for his senior season, he spent time as a guard for the Bulldogs. During his final season, he showed incredible strides and showed a lot of upside for the next level. He beats out Reiff and Martin in my opinion, and is the second-best offensive tackle available behind Matt Kalil."

http://wgr550.com/BUSCAGLIA--NFL-Mock-Draft--4/12796391

1334385948[/url]' post='2436581']

You really need to watch video of his later games from this year after he really grew into the position. The argument about his feet is ludicrous to me.

Yes! Glenn was excellent against Montgomery and Glenn is WAY more athletic than Mike Adams… who ironically Nix said was a good enough athlete. But Adams looks like Frankenstein out there compared to Glenn.

Anyways, great job Chix. You've obviously looked very deeply into all this stuff and I think you have a good grip on things. Like a few of the earlier comments, I don't/can't/don't want to see the Bills take 2 QBs. You can only develop one guy at a time.

As I've said before, I love that we have two picks in the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds. Those picks are like gold if you have a good scouting department.

I based my opinion on Glenn, based on others scouting reports and what I saw of him during the season. I haven't seen many tapes of him. I wonder why Mayock has him graded as a 2nd rd pick and listed behind several LTs. He said on the air that he might be ranked behind Massie and Osemele. Obviously, Mayock could be wrong, but we all know his evaluations are among the best. Glenn had the 2nd worst shuttle time at 5.00 and the 3rd worst cone time (8.13) of ALL the tackles at the combine. Maybe that's why many analysts have come to the conclusion that he has slow feet. If you say he's quick and mobile on game tape, that's all that really matters, but his numbers are really slow.

Edited by NewEra

<br>I based my opinion on Glenn, based on others scouting reports and what I saw of him during the season.  I haven't seen many tapes of him.  I wonder why Mayock has him graded as a 2nd rd pick and listed behind several LTs.  He said on the air that he might be ranked behind Massie and Osemele.    Obviously, Mayock could be wrong, but <b>we all know his evaluations are among the best</b>.  Glenn had the 2nd worst shuttle time at 5.00 and the 3rd worst cone time (8.13) of ALL the tackles at the combine.  Maybe that's why many analysts have come to the conclusion that he has slow feet.  If you say he's quick and mobile on game tape, that's all that really matters, but his numbers are really slow.<br>
<br><br>Help me out here, because I don't know that.  Why do we know that Mayock's evaluations are among the best?<br>Or maybe another way to put it, even if he is among the best in the media, does that translate to "should be relied upon for talent evaluation"?<br><br>Exhibit A: Last year Mayock had this QB positional ranking:<br>  <br>1<a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/36902/blaine-gabbert" class="sbn-auto-link">Blaine Gabbert</a>, Missouri (Drafted at # 10)<br>2 <a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/9622/jake-locker" class="sbn-auto-link">Jake Locker</a>, Washington (Drafted at #8)<br>3. Cam Newton, Aubur<span style="text-decoration: underline;">n (#1 overall draft choice)<br>Christian Ponder drafted at #12<br>4 </span><a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/6810/ryan-mallett" class="sbn-auto-link">Ryan Mallett</a>, Arkansas (drafted in the 3rd round)<br>5 <a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/12996/andy-dalton" class="sbn-auto-link">Andy Dalton</a>, TCU (#35 overall, #3 in the 2nd round)<br>(Colin Kaepernick drafted #36 overall, #4 in the 2nd round)<br><br>How'd that work out on draft day?  On the field so far?  It'd be Newton by a long chalk, Dalton 2nd and looking pretty good, Gabbert needs mucho development, and we've seen little of Locker and nothing of Mallet, right?<blockquote><p>More specifically, for OL here are Mayock's last two drafts:<a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/4592/anthony-castonzo"'>http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/4592/anthony-castonzo" class="sbn-auto-link"><br></a></p><p><a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/4592/anthony-castonzo" class="sbn-auto-link">1 Anthony Castonzo</a>, Boston College<a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/7769/nate-solder" class="sbn-auto-link"> (PIck #22 overall)<br>2 Nate Solder</a>, Colorado (Pick #17 overall)<a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/38277/tyron-smith" class="sbn-auto-link"><br>3 Tyron Smith</a>, USC<a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/7554/gabe-carimi" class="sbn-auto-link"> (Pick #9 overall)<br>4 Gabe Carimi</a>, Wisconsin (Pick #29 overall)<br>5 (tie) Ben Ijalana, Villanova; <a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/10687/derek-sherrod" class="sbn-auto-link">Derek Sherrod</a>, Mississippi State (Sherrod drafted #32 in the first, Ijalana #49 overall with Wisniewski and Franklin drafted before him)<br><br> 1 Russell Okung (Pick #6)<br>2 Bryan Bulaga* (Pick #23)<br>3 Trent Williams (Pick # 4)<br>4 Anthony Davis* (Pick #11)<br>5 Bruce Campbell, Charles Brown (Saffold and Ducasse selected before Brown.  Campbell drafted in the fourth round)</p><p>Among the best?  Not among the best?</p><p> The point is, Mayock's evaluation and that of the actual NFL teams differ enough that it's not terribly predictive of what will happen on draft day, across the board.<br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p></blockquote><br> Edited by Hopeful

Hey guys. I've put a lot of time into my mock draft and was hoping that you could give me some constructive criticism. I predicted Dareus and Sheppard last year, and feel like I have a better feel this year for Buddy's strategy towards the draft (we also have less holes to fill!!). My research has mostly consisted of watching NFLdraftanalysis video's on youtube (complete tapes of a player, not just the highlights) and also reading scouting reports on NFL Draft Scout. I have brief rationale for each pick (excuse my grammar). Have at it and GO BILLS!

Round 1:

35 and ¾ arms. Very quick feet with the ability to slide and stop edge rushers. Nasty run blocker. Cannot be bull rushed. All SEC left tackle. Has lots of experience at both guard and tackle. Perfect fit for the Bills. Would probably start day 1 over Hairston. Glenn is actually moving up a lot of draft boards now, whereas Martin and Reif are falling due to size limitations.

Round 2

Hopefully he's still here! Can run the entire route tree. Lacks elite speed, but can challenge vertically on tape. Very good runner after the catch, this fits well with Buffalo’s quick passing scheme. Bigger receiver. Good runner out of a wildcat or reverse system. Very good blocker. Pretty safe pick here as he can help the Bills in a lot of ways. Even if we leave Donald out as the #2, Sanu would do serious damage inside. Has the size and strength to win jump balls in the end zone. Definitely makes the Bills better and gives them a body on the outside that they don’t have. “Open when he’s covered kind of guy.”

Round 3

Good fit as a Sam or Will linebacker in our 4-3 defense. Fast and athletic enough to cover tight ends. Fast to react to plays. Can chase down backs from sideline to sideline. Good rusher. Long arms and tenacity to fight off blocks. More of a second round prospect, but for some reason is supposed to go in the 3rd round. It would be great for him to learn under Kirk who is one of the better leaders for younger players in the league. Provides good depth of our LB unit. The Bills absolutely need another guy who can play weak side. Right now our best second option is Bryan Scott who we need playing other positions.

Round 4

Size, arm length, leaping ability, strength, and speed to be a shutdown corner. Pretty much the only corner left on the board at this point with solid measurables. Exactly what Buddy Nix is looking for. This guy is a ball hawk with an attitude. Very productive. Could have played at better schools coming out of high school, but chose not to. The talent is definitely there.

Round 4

Can rush the passer from the DT spot. Good fit for the 4-3. Constantly drew double teams allowing Nick Perry to rack up sack totals. Whenever he was single teamed he caused havoc. Very good with his hands. When kept fresh, he’s a very good pass rusher. Good at shooting the gaps. Moves very well and is a natural athlete. Can chase down an RB or QB. The biggest secret in Buffalo right now is that Heard and Troup don't fit our scheme that well. By the way, neither does Dwan Edwards. I guess Spencer Johnson does, but he's not exactly scary.

Round 5

I know he had a bad pro day, but at least he had a very good college career. 3 year quarterback with a lot of good production. Improved each year he was at Arizona. Very good accuracy as displayed by his accuracy percentages in college (63%, 67%, 69%.) Tall guy who can survey the field. Good work habits. Is used to playing under pressure (his offensive line was horrendous). Good decision maker. Played against elite competition. Looks very poised and confident on tape. Has the arm strength to make all the throws. When given time, he can really put some zip on passes including long out routes and deep passes. Good touch, and has the ability to lay the ball wherever it needs to go. Very heavy guy who can take hits. Moves well in the pocket. Fairly mobile, and a good athlete. Had he played for a better team, he would be a 1st or second round pick (imho). Good guy to have developing under Fitz. Provides much needed depth as the Bills do not have a developmental QB on the roster. The Bills have too many other depth needs to draft a QB before this. Brock O is not happening, and he sucks on tape anyway.

Round 5

He ran a 4.36 forty yard dash at this size (wow). Was considered a 3rd round pick before his injury. He played well at the east west shrine game showing that his shoulder injury is now in the past. Big hitter who can blitz very well. Great run support. We need another safety behind George Wilson. I don’t feel that comfortable with Josh Nesbitt haha. Also, we need to have some more insurance if we can't resign Byrd. I do like Searcy though.

Round 6

Big frame. Long arms. Played LT and RT. Has experience and was productive. Has all the tools to be a solid LT. Is a developmental project for the Bills at LT. Another big boy for Buddy! Please keep in mind that this guy is nowhere near the athlete Glenn is. He's not even the athlete Hairston is yet. We need an upgrade over Sam Young at tackle depth though.

Round 7

Has the size to be an NFL QB. Above average arm strength. Poised. Very athletic. Natural athlete. Has the speed and vision to be a threat as a wildcat QB. Might be able to play some wide receiver. A lot of experience in big games. Was very successful in both high school and college. He’s a guy who always seems plays to well despite not being the perfect prospect. May not be a great pro, but he can come in and make things happen while managing a game (think V-Young). If Brad Smith goes down, this guy would be a good replacement (I'm not that high on B-Smith anyway). Good guy to have on the practice squad as well. What the hell happened to Levi Brown? I think the Bills want to take another guy to camp. I don't see Levi being a good player in the pros.

Round 7

Good playmaker to have in the nickel. Pretty good speed. Excellent tackler. Transfer from the QB position. Just continues to get better. Hard hitter. Good instincts. Kind of like Reggie Corner, but bigger and better in run support. He could turnout to be a Terrence Mcgee type of player, which would be great for the Bills. The Bills are definitely going to take at least two corners in this draft, and I think Tandy will be the best guy available.

I guess your mock is based on keeping track of how many you guess right instead of who you really think the Bills WILL draft because there's no way we're drafting two QB's even if one of them is mobile...

I guess your mock is based on keeping track of how many you guess right instead of who you really think the Bills WILL draft because there's no way we're drafting two QB's even if one of them is mobile...

These are the guys I think the Bills will draft. It's not impossible that they want to have Darron Thomas on the practice squad in case a QB it's injured. I'm not sure why so many people think this is so unlikely It's a 7th round pick...

1334424013[/url]' post='2436762']

<br><br>Help me out here, because I don't know that.  Why do we know that Mayock's evaluations are among the best?<br>Or maybe another way to put it, even if he is among the best in the media, does that translate to "should be relied upon for talent evaluation"?<br><br>Exhibit A: Last year Mayock had this QB positional ranking:<br>  <br>1<a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/36902/blaine-gabbert" class="sbn-auto-link">Blaine Gabbert</a>, Missouri (Drafted at # 10)<br>2 <a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/9622/jake-locker" class="sbn-auto-link">Jake Locker</a>, Washington (Drafted at #8)<br>3. Cam Newton, Aubur<span style="text-decoration: underline;">n (#1 overall draft choice)<br>Christian Ponder drafted at #12<br>4 </span><a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/6810/ryan-mallett" class="sbn-auto-link">Ryan Mallett</a>, Arkansas (drafted in the 3rd round)<br>5 <a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/12996/andy-dalton" class="sbn-auto-link">Andy Dalton</a>, TCU (#35 overall, #3 in the 2nd round)<br>(Colin Kaepernick drafted #36 overall, #4 in the 2nd round)<br><br>How'd that work out on draft day?  On the field so far?  It'd be Newton by a long chalk, Dalton 2nd and looking pretty good, Gabbert needs mucho development, and we've seen little of Locker and nothing of Mallet, right?<blockquote><p>More specifically, for OL here are Mayock's last two drafts:<a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/4592/anthony-castonzo"'>http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/4592/anthony-castonzo" class="sbn-auto-link"><br></a></p><p><a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/4592/anthony-castonzo" class="sbn-auto-link">1 Anthony Castonzo</a>, Boston College<a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/7769/nate-solder" class="sbn-auto-link"> (PIck #22 overall)<br>2 Nate Solder</a>, Colorado (Pick #17 overall)<a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/38277/tyron-smith" class="sbn-auto-link"><br>3 Tyron Smith</a>, USC<a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/7554/gabe-carimi" class="sbn-auto-link"> (Pick #9 overall)<br>4 Gabe Carimi</a>, Wisconsin (Pick #29 overall)<br>5 (tie) Ben Ijalana, Villanova; <a href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/10687/derek-sherrod" class="sbn-auto-link">Derek Sherrod</a>, Mississippi State (Sherrod drafted #32 in the first, Ijalana #49 overall with Wisniewski and Franklin drafted before him)<br><br> 1 Russell Okung (Pick #6)<br>2 Bryan Bulaga* (Pick #23)<br>3 Trent Williams (Pick # 4)<br>4 Anthony Davis* (Pick #11)<br>5 Bruce Campbell, Charles Brown (Saffold and Ducasse selected before Brown.  Campbell drafted in the fourth round)</p><p>Among the best?  Not among the best?</p><p> The point is, Mayock's evaluation and that of the actual NFL teams differ enough that it's not terribly predictive of what will happen on draft day, across the board.<br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p></blockquote><br>

Huh?

The more I see and read about Cordy Glenn, the more I want the Bills to steer clear of him unless he falls to round 2. I don't think he will fare well against speed rushers in the NFL, and ultimately, I think he will end up being an average Guard or RT in the NFL.

Not a big fan of the Sanu pick either. I'd like a receiver who could stretch the field, opening things up for Stevie, Nelson, and Chandler. I'd prefer a guy like Chris Givens from Wake Forest in the 2nd round.

I do like the Nigel Bradham pick in round 3, but I'm really hoping for Bobby Wagner to fall to that spot. I think he's a better all around prospect at OLB.

LOVE the Josh Norman pick in round 4.

Not a huge fan of either of the two QB picks, and I agree with previous posts in that taking two developmental QB prospects would be silly.

Just my .02 :thumbsup:

These are the guys I think the Bills will draft. It's not impossible that they want to have Darron Thomas on the practice squad in case a QB it's injured. I'm not sure why so many people think this is so unlikely It's a 7th round pick...

What's Levi Brown doing these days?

I'm not attacking your picks in no shape or form. I'm just praying you're wrong and we don't draft a QB after the 5th round. Aside from Brady, these days everybody's "franchise" QB is a 1st or 2nd round pick (at least the teams who make the playoffs are).

Your post was called feedback on your mock and my feedback is that I don't want your draft to come true except for Sanu, Bradham and Norman... Those guys I actually really like.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

I don`t like Glenn because he has weight problems. Have bad memories of Big Mike Williams. He will probably get even bigger with time. Sanu doesn`t have enough speed to be a top receiver at this level. Ever notice how prospects run faster at there pro` days. Most do. I think the receivers we have now are better than him. Just my opinion and I`m not a pro scout. So to each his own.

Round 1:

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 4

Round 5

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Round 7

Two QBs in one draft, with all the other needs we have? Also, I thought we were targeting bigger CBs, so I wonder about Tandy. Good draft, though.

I think you did a fine job, and like a few here, only really question Sanu out of your first 4 picks. But, the guys who I would prefer over Sanu will probably not be there so it is still a good "consolation" pick if you will. Two names that probably won't be there are Ruben Randle and Coby Fleener btw. When you get to the 5th round and later it's anybodys guess at that point but I like most of your picks anyways. :thumbsup: Good job sir.

I don't get the Cordy Glenn hype. Shocked if he's the pick. And I think you are short a linebacker since we have basically 2 decent ones and no future pro bowlers. Also, how bout a TE?

I think there is good reason for the Cordy Glen hype. He as the size, arm length, and quickness to be a premier left tackle in the NFL. And he was an all SEC left tackle in his first year playing the position. I agree that there is a good chance the Bills will take another LB in the draft, but I didn't see anyone I liked after Bradam. Every time Buddy Nix gets asked about TE's he says that Chan doesn't need him for his offense. For this reason, I doubt the Bills pick up a TE.

I think you did a fine job, and like a few here, only really question Sanu out of your first 4 picks. But, the guys who I would prefer over Sanu will probably not be there so it is still a good "consolation" pick if you will. Two names that probably won't be there are Ruben Randle and Coby Fleener btw. When you get to the 5th round and later it's anybodys guess at that point but I like most of your picks anyways. :thumbsup: Good job sir.

I like Ruben Randle as well. Randle is a better deep threat, but I think Sanu is better with shorter routes and YAC. With the Bills quick pass offense, I think Sanu would be really valuable.

Two QBs in one draft, with all the other needs we have? Also, I thought we were targeting bigger CBs, so I wonder about Tandy. Good draft, though.

I targeted a big CB in Josh Norman. 6'0'' 197lbs might not sound that big, but he has long arms and good strength. Last year the Bills drafted Justin Rogers who is a smaller DB, so this is why I feel Keith Tandy is a feasible pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.