Clayton ESPN reports

richNjoisy

Contrary to earlier reports, John Clayton reported a few minutes ago that the Dolts will sit their two starting CB's. LB Morris and starting guard.

He also stated, "Conventional wisdom states that the Colts will only play Manning for 1/2"

Hopefully, Clayton has he head up his butt still, that's what he reported.

-RnJ

Contrary to earlier reports, John Clayton reported a few minutes ago that the Dolts will sit their two starting CB's. LB Morris and starting guard.

He also stated, "Conventional wisdom states that the Colts will only play Manning for 1/2"

-RnJ

183125[/snapback]

That would explain the lines then. Great our fate is in Mike Martz's hands. :lol:

I heard Claton this morning saying that teams like the Colts, Steelers and Falcons will follow Andy Reid's blue print and rest their starters this week.

What John? Losing in the playoffs before reaching the Superbowl? Nice blue print. Clayton pulls this stuff out of his @ss.

I am going to remember this one - If Clayton gets this wrong

The reason I posted this with the "Contrary to earlier reports..."

Dungy stated yesterday and this morning - and several players (including Manning last night at halftime) said the same - that the Colts would play this game to win with all their starters going for the entire game. The only addendum was "If we have a huge lead we may sit some players"

That is not at all what Clayton is reporting.

We shall see.

-RnJ

I heard Claton this morning saying that teams like the Colts, Steelers and Falcons will follow Andy Reid's blue print and rest their starters this week.

What John? Losing in the playoffs before reaching the Superbowl? Nice blue print. Clayton pulls this stuff out of his @ss.

I agree. That was less a "blueprint" than an embarrassment.

Mort says the opposite on ESPN Insider:

Dungy's son Eric tried to talk him into sitting players,

but Dungy said that's not the way Chuck Noll would do it.

They're playing unless something happens during the game to make him rethink things.

Mort says the opposite on ESPN Insider:

Dungy's son Eric tried to talk him into sitting players,

but Dungy said that's not the way Chuck Noll would do it.

They're playing unless something happens during the game to make him rethink things.

183161[/snapback]

I hope he's right. Please. Please. Please. :lol:

I am going to remember this one - If Clayton gets this wrong

The reason I posted this with the "Contrary to earlier reports..."

Dungy stated yesterday and this morning - and several players (including Manning last night at halftime) said the same - that the Colts would play this game to win with all their starters going for the entire game. The only addendum was "If we have a huge lead we may sit some players"

That is not at all what Clayton is reporting.

We shall see.

-RnJ

183153[/snapback]

Dungy's a class act. I don't see him lying so blatantly.

The Colts in 1999.  The Bucs in 2001.  The Broncos last year.  Those who do not study history...

183200[/snapback]

But this year is different. The Blueprint is in. History can be old fashioned too.

New football mentality out there ask Wicky and the guy who took a down off last night.

-RnJ

183125[/snapback]

I know we want the Bills to make the playoffs, but what is the obsession with reporting whether or not the Colts might play their starters? Starters or no starters, the Colts have NOTHING to play for, the starter issue is irrelevant. The odds are greatly against them beating a hungry Denver team(see Rams/Eagles last night). Let's not build our hopes up for that scenario. The best shot is still to beat Pitt/Jets lose at Rams, where the Rams actually have something to play for even if they are a lesser team than the Jets.