Draft: what do you do if at #10

JoeF

What do you do if?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do if at #10 - the following options are available?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Justin Blackmon
    • Michael Floyd
    • Riley Reiff
    • Philly is on the phone offering 15 and 46 for 10 and 71?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was buddy I'd select Blackmon. Problem is, I'm not sure how buddy feels about Tannehill. If he and Chan love Tannehill, he's the easy choice as QB is a much more important position. In reality, Blackmon won't be there at 10 and it's looking like Tannehill won't either. Thread is a dream that most likely won't come true.

I say Helloooo Philly......thinking one of the above will fall to #15...

Reasoning:

Blackmon and Floyd are not field stretchers and Hill or Randle are probably a better fit for what we need. You trade back into the lower first round with 41 and our first fourth and first fifth to get Hill or Randle and then use the second round pick to get Cousins. You end up with a good T at 15; a stretch the field receiver and a QB to groom.

Floyd is more of a field stretcher than you realize. Stereotypes are made about people for some reason and even when they run a 4.4, continue to follow them.

And as far as the poll...no Kuechly at 10??

At the 10 pick and if available we take DiCastro. Many here are close to naming B Nix Gm of the year and it's only April.

So, I will quote from the good book of Nix. Chapter 3 Verse 11: "If their is a player available at any position who can come in and make our team better, we will target him" (or something like that but you get the jest).

I like him and could be a very good back up center should that need arise again?

This kid will lockdown the interior with all players being possible pro bowl players.

Unless the planets allign I doubt were playing in the super bowl this season. Why not

stock the shelves with the picks that will pay huge dividends down the road. Urbik can

rotate in. It would be devastating and good for CJ who needs to run between the tackles.

LT in rounds 2 to 4.

Blackmon, hands down, if he is there. I seriously doubt he will be though. The guy is going to be this year's AJ Green.

On another note, all of these people that keep talking about Floyd's character are clueless. He had a couple of alcohol incidents in school. Wow. God only knows how many times I could've been arrested for the in. Thank God I only got caught once and that was enough for me. I'd take Floyd over "Gallery II" any day of the week. Reiff will not be a top tier OT in this league, maybe a decent enough RT at best. He more than likely will end up being shifted to OG just like Gallery. Floyd is the 2nd best WR in this draft IMO. He runs good routes, goes up and catches the ball at it's highest point, uses his hands well when catching the ball, has good size and strength @ 6'3" 220lbs+, and has good enough speed to beat a majority of the CB's in the NFL down field. He worked under two different coaches @ ND and never missed a beat from one offense to the next. He is a quality guy who will make plays and has a shot to be an excellent NFL WR.

Best player available how do you have us picking a guard first then 3 straight tackles?? I like decastro but come on lol 3I straight tackles... never... we also need a true no.2 receiver LB an CB depth ans that would hinder it alot

Actually, no..he plays left tackle and is projected as of now as a left tackle prospect.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1111621-nfl-draft-2012-profiling-former-iowa-ol-riley-reiff'>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1111621-nfl-draft-2012-profiling-former-iowa-ol-riley-reiff

This right tackle stuff is what I heard when we passed on Michael Oher.

You know that Oher plays RT for the Ravens, right?

Edit:

I'm surprised you don't know that but just can case you doubt me:

Ravens Depth chart:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/baltimoreravens/depthchart?team=BAL

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5182/michael-oher

Jan 2012:

Ravens RT Michael Oher revealed that he slightly tore his right meniscus in the second quarter of the Divisional Round win over the Texans.

Reiff is a RT all the way.

There is little debate about this.

Actually, no..he plays left tackle and is projected as of now as a left tackle prospect.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1111621-nfl-draft-2012-profiling-former-iowa-ol-riley-reiff

This right tackle stuff is what I heard when we passed on Michael Oher.

see also...http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2012/3/31/2915839/nfl-draft-2012-whitney-mercilus-arizona-cardinals-pass-rusher-linebacker

You know these are both Fan written articles, correct?

Edited by Why So Serious?

Blackmon, hands down, if he is there. I seriously doubt he will be though. The guy is going to be this year's AJ Green.

On another note, all of these people that keep talking about Floyd's character are clueless. He had a couple of alcohol incidents in school. Wow. God only knows how many times I could've been arrested for the in. Thank God I only got caught once and that was enough for me. I'd take Floyd over "Gallery II" any day of the week. Reiff will not be a top tier OT in this league, maybe a decent enough RT at best. He more than likely will end up being shifted to OG just like Gallery. Floyd is the 2nd best WR in this draft IMO. He runs good routes, goes up and catches the ball at it's highest point, uses his hands well when catching the ball, has good size and strength @ 6'3" 220lbs+, and has good enough speed to beat a majority of the CB's in the NFL down field. He worked under two different coaches @ ND and never missed a beat from one offense to the next. He is a quality guy who will make plays and has a shot to be an excellent NFL WR.

hey, he has three arrests and two convictions, his most recent episode (DUI) he was twice over the legal limit. I'm not seeing taking a guy people are talking about drafting at 20 to 22 with a 10 pick. Reif is by most accounts the second best tackle in the draft, with Martin close behind (or in the opinion of some on this board a little ahead of Reif). I say go with either tackle before going for a reach pick in Floyd.

At the 10 pick and if available we take DiCastro. Many here are close to naming B Nix Gm of the year and it's only April.

So, I will quote from the good book of Nix. Chapter 3 Verse 11: "If their is a player available at any position who can come in and make our team better, we will target him" (or something like that but you get the jest).

I like him and could be a very good back up center should that need arise again?

This kid will lockdown the interior with all players being possible pro bowl players.

Unless the planets allign I doubt were playing in the super bowl this season. Why not

stock the shelves with the picks that will pay huge dividends down the road. Urbik can

rotate in. It would be devastating and good for CJ who needs to run between the tackles.

LT in rounds 2 to 4.

I like your reasoning. But personally i like Cordy Glenn from UGA. Played in the south at an SEC school had numerous starts at gaurd. Played some center and started his senior yr @ LT. He has never had an injury problem. Tough smart kid and a freak of nature. 6'6 and 345. he had a 4.97 40, has 36 inch arms, benched 225 31 times at combine. Had a good senior bowl week he is A man mountain, who could rotate in at LT w Hairston this year. next year it would be his spot and Hairston moves to RT. If Hairston proves he is your LT then Glenn becomes your rt gaurd. if Levitre can not be resigned Glenn is your lt gaurd w hairston as LT.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Check it out. Oher has played left tackle as much as right tackle and was moved to right after McKinnie was signed. He'll be going back to left tackle. reif will play left tackle, right tackle or guard but he's the second best offensive lineman on the board, and we need offensive linemen.

hey, he has three arrests and two convictions, his most recent episode (DUI) he was twice over the legal limit. I'm not seeing taking a guy people are talking about drafting at 20 to 22 with a 10 pick. Reif is by most accounts the second best tackle in the draft, with Martin close behind (or in the opinion of some on this board a little ahead of Reif). I say go with either tackle before going for a reach pick in Floyd.

Michael Floyd was Arrested 1 Time and plead guilty to a misdemeanor DUI. The reason he only got a year of probation and a misdemeanor was because he had no priors.

He has cited twice by campus security for underage drinking, with ZERO arrests and ZERO conventions following these on campus incidents.

Notice this is an actual media outlet with reporters:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-03-21/notre-dame-wr-michael-floyd-arrested-on-dui-charges

Also notice there are no mentions of prior arrests.

If you can show me From an actual media outlet that Floyd has prior arrests and convictions I will stand corrected but i have not seen any mention of prior arrests or convictions. Besides the two on campus siting for underage drinking.

I'm not trying to get personal but you really need to do some basic fact checking before you post.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Nobody is trading up to 10. Players 7-25 are all interchangeable. Better get used to it. Whomever is taken at #10 will be a reach unless there are some really strange things that happen in picks 3-9.

Just pinch your nose and take Floyd then hope that Martin drops like a stone and he could be had at the bottom of round number 1.

If there is a year to trade back into the bottom of the first round this is it. The Bills need to win this year. There is no tomorrow. Nix and Gailet need to win this year. They need a LT, a WR, an OLB, and CB out of this draft all of which need to play extensive minutes. If that means giving up a number 2 next year then do it.

Every other year I would say trade down and never up, but there will be no takers for the tenth pick.

So out of your 5 options:

1 is a QB we don't need and can't waste a pick on making a play off push this year

1 is a WR who will never drop to us

1 is a trade that won't happen

So basically the only realistic options are Floyd vs Reiff. Of the realistic options...I'll take Floyd.

Can he block? Because you don't have a LT. :nana:

Michael Floyd was Arrested 1 Time and plead guilty to a misdemeanor DUI. The reason he only got a year of probation and a misdemeanor was because he had no priors.

He has cited twice by campus security for underage drinking, with ZERO arrests and ZERO conventions following these on campus incidents.

Notice this is an actual media outlet with reporters:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-03-21/notre-dame-wr-michael-floyd-arrested-on-dui-charges

Also notice there are no mentions of prior arrests.

If you can show me From an actual media outlet that Floyd has prior arrests and convictions I will stand corrected but i have not seen any mention of prior arrests or convictions. Besides the two on campus siting for underage drinking.

I'm not trying to get personal but you really need to do some basic fact checking before you post.

Stop letting facts get in the way of the anti-Floyd campaign.

I know the scenario is not probable as some have pointed out -- but the draft going like this is at least possible:

1) IND - Luck

2) WAS- RG3

3) MN - Kalil

4) CLE- Claiborne

5) TAM - Richardson

6) STL - Poe

7) JAX - Ingram - want a versatile pass rusher

8) MIA - Probably Tannehill -- but could be Couples if Jax starts the run on rushers which are premium

9) CAR- Cox

Even with this -- 4 of the 5 are possible.

Edited by JoeF