i WOULD NOT! pass on Trent Richardson

Worst idea ever........Let's pick at the only position where we have incredible depth........Guess we should bring back Marshawn as well

Incredible depth? Our only grinder RB is going to be 31 years old and needs an extension that will most likely pay him more so on past work than what he will provide in the future.

As I said in another thread today...

I know most of Bills Nation would jump off their roofs. However, with Freddy being 31 this season, I would be able to accept it, especially since we have 10 picks and 5 in the top-200. We could potentially grab Richardson, and still get LB,WR,OT,CB that can start.

Wouldnt love it, but I could live with it. At this point, I fully trust Nix and Whaley in what they are doing.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Richardson is there at ten you look for the trade down, if no one wants to trade you take him as the worlds most talented Full Back- He could be in the same backfield with Spiller or Jackson and even though I love Jackson he's 31 coming into the season and coming off a leg injury.

If Richardson is there at ten you look for the trade down, if no one wants to trade you take him as the worlds most talented Full Back- He could be in the same backfield with Spiller or Jackson and even though I love Jackson he's 31 coming into the season and coming off a leg injury.

This is what everyone needs to remember. It's not like Jackson has 7 years left, and maybe not even 3.

I dont love the idea of picking Richardson. But I can understand it.

This is what everyone needs to remember. It's not like Jackson has 7 years left, and maybe not even 3.

RE: the treads on Jackson's tires.

Age catches up with NFL players because they've taken a beating...throughout their NFL career.

Fred's "NFL career" began four and a half seasons ago.

He has about half (may be even less) the number of carries/beatings any other typical 31 year old NFL running back who began his career at 21/22.

What say you?

Running back is one of those positions where players fall off a cliff, 1000 yrd rusher one season can't buy a yard the next season- I think Jackson will last a little longer because his game is predicated on being slippery rather than brute strength or blinding speed plus he has versatility as a blocker and pass catcher.

Don't care what no body say on this board about having Fred or that we have Spiller...

Saw the guy play in college....and he looked amazing in workouts....

Now you may blast me....

Oh good God you've got to be kidding... :blink:

Then you haven't seen him play....he has number 1 pick value

No RB has a Number 1 pick value. Not even AP. That's the point. RB is the most overvalued position in the modern NFL which is why teams don't pick RBs in the first round (and certainly not number 1 overall) unless they're one player away.

RE: the treads on Jackson's tires.

Age catches up with NFL players because they've taken a beating...throughout their NFL career.

Fred's "NFL career" began four and a half seasons ago.

He has about half (may be even less) the number of carries/beatings any other typical 31 year old NFL running back who began his career at 21/22.

What say you?

He didnt spend ages 22-27 laying around on feather pillows. He's been playing Running Back and taking hits this entire time.

NFL, Arena League, or NFL Euro... he's still getting hit and having 200+lbs. guys dive into his knees.

He didnt spend ages 22-27 laying around on feather pillows. He's been playing Running Back and taking hits this entire time.

NFL, Arena League, or NFL Euro... he's still getting hit and having 200+lbs. guys dive into his knees.

Granted, but he didn't sustain any injuries during that period, and it's still not the same as being knocked around by NFL guys.

Would you meet me in the middle? Could we agree that he's really more like a 28 year old NFL running back who just happens to be 31? :rolleyes:

I was actually thinking about this my self. I'm always looking forward to the future. And with Freddy getting up in age, you legitimately have to consider the option. Especially if you can trade Freddy now and get a few draft picks. Chan is not a 1 back guy he likes the 1-2 punch. Richardson and Spiller would make this offense dynamic past Freddy for years. I wouldn't be too apposed because I truly trust the decisions that Nix and Gailey make.

No matter how many times guys like us say it some just don't get it. They think Fred was in a hyperbaric chamber and never took a hit and didn't age until he finally broke into the NFL. The guy has been playing FOOTBALL a long time. On top of that he is 31 years old whether he played 1 down or a 100,000.

No matter how many times guys like us say it some just don't get it. They think Fred was in a hyperbaric chamber and never took a hit and didn't age until he finally broke into the NFL. The guy has been playing FOOTBALL a long time. On top of that he is 31 years old whether he played 1 down or a 100,000.

And you clearly refuse to get it ...

Fred Jackson wasn't just the best player on the Bills roster last year, he was one of the best offensive players in the entire league before getting hurt. It wasn't as if he came out of nowhere either, this guy has been running this hard and this tough since he became a Bill but he's been constantly buried and wasted behind lesser backs and on shite teams.

Jackson got a lot of juice left. And even if he didn't, there's absolutely never a reason for this team to take a RB in the first round of the draft. There wasn't when Spiller was taken and there still isn't now.

Also I would like to add that Buddy is more of a "Take the best player available" type of GM if there isn't anything worth taking in a need position. So saying that I really wouldn't be too shocked.

This still wouldn't make it the right decision. As I said when they took Spiller -- even IF Richardson goes on to be a hall of famer, taking him at 10 (even though he won't be there) would be a terrible decision for this ball club. RBs are overvalued, meaning you can find first round talent ANYWHERE in the draft OR FA. You're advocating buying high and selling low rather than the other way around.

How many more first round picks must this franchise waste on RBs until the fans understand this? It's mind boggling.

And you clearly refuse to get it ...

Fred Jackson wasn't just the best player on the Bills roster last year, he was one of the best offensive players in the entire league before getting hurt. It wasn't as if he came out of nowhere either, this guy has been running this hard and this tough since he became a Bill but he's been constantly buried and wasted behind lesser backs and on shite teams.

Jackson got a lot of juice left. And even if he didn't, there's absolutely never a reason for this team to take a RB in the first round of the draft. There wasn't when Spiller was taken and there still isn't now.

There's this, and the fact that his age is less of a factor when you account for the type of player he is.

Does he rely on sheer speed and quickness to beat defenders? No.

Does he lower his head and just bull his way through defenders? No.

He's an incredibly elusive back who seems to have mastered the art of angled tempo. His "game" won't erode with age. In fact, since it's based on such in-game intelligence, one could argue that he'll only get better with age!!

Granted, but he didn't sustain any injuries during that period, and it's still not the same as being knocked around by NFL guys.

Would you meet me in the middle? Could we agree that he's really more like a 28 year old NFL running back who just happens to be 31? :rolleyes:

No! He is 31. His body recovers like a 31 year old. Regardless of the level he has STILL been taking a beating for those years. His age WILL catch up to him soon. I love love love Freddy, but you cant change reality, or "meet it in the middle".

Sorry brother :)

There's this, and the fact that his age is less of a factor when you account for the type of player he is.

Does he rely on sheer speed and quickness to beat defenders? No.

Does he lower his head and just bull his way through defenders? No.

He's an incredibly elusive back who seems to have mastered the art of angled tempo. His "game" won't erode with age. In fact, since it's based on such in-game intelligence, one could argue that he'll only get better with age!!

Now you are just completely removed from reality.

No! He is 31. His body recovers like a 31 year old. Regardless of the level he has STILL been taking a beating for those years. His age WILL catch up to him soon. I love love love Freddy, but you cant change reality, or "meet it in the middle".

Sorry brother :)

Now you are just completely removed from reality.

Just let me have my moment, won't you?