David DeCastro

Buffalo will select DeCastro at #10. He's the best offensive lineman in the draft and BPA at pick 10 without a doubt. It's Buddy's style. I know; what about LT? I don't like what I read about Reiff and Martin. Specifically; Reiff is a RT. Martin is a finesse blocker. Additionally, I don't think Buddy would select a LT at 10 if he really believes Buffalo already has one (Hairston). So; it's DeCastro.

In the 2nd. round? How about Ronnell Lewis, OLB from Oklahoma. A starter at ROLB from day one.

Oh wow! 2 points I completely disagree with... :lol:

The Bills strength on O-Line is from Guard to Guard. Buddy Nix is on record already saying they are fine there...He's also on record that the Bills will take an OT in this Draft...So I'm thinking DeCastro is not going to happen...Martin or Adams at #10 or in a Trade Down is a much better possibility IMHO...

Ronnell Lewis played a hybrid Position and spent the majority of his College career with his hand on the ground setting the edge (which he was pretty good at), and rushing the QB (which he was very average at)...He's a great Special Teams Player and he loves to hit...He's a high motor guy...His size does not project that well to a DE in a 4-3, and he's DEFINITELY not a 4-3 OLB...At least not yet he's not, and it's a major projection at this time...He would be a HUGE liability in Coverage initially because he's all but never done it, and when he has he's not natural...He has VERY average speed (4.68)...He was really a College DE, no matter what his Position says...And switching from College DE to Pro 4-3 OLB is a stretch for players with a lot better speed than Lewis...Plus he had academic issues...I'm not saying Lewis will not be a good Pro...But I don't think he's a good fit for Buffalo...Especially in the 2nd Round...Good God no! B-)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i don't know why anyone would be upset with decastro at #10.........he is one of the safest players in the draft and would not only upgrade the starting RG spot, he would also upgrade the backup C/G spot with urbik sliding back.........when injury hits no need to reshuffle everything, which is a huge + as we found out last year.......wood is a huge question mark coming off that injury and i'd feel much better with urbik at the ready.......solid chance he's true BPA when the bills are on the board and i would not be surprised if they jump at him

What does "best player available" really mean then

Not necessary to do that if Buddy believes in Hairston.

Well BPA is very nebulous. The 3rd, 4th or 5th best OT might be considered better than the 1st OG. Why, you might ask?

My viewpoint: in college, the best OL (ie, tallest, most athletic) are put at OT because they have the movement skills to block

on the "outside" where they only have help on the inside (from the OG). The less athletic OL are put at OG where they have

help on both sides (from the OT on one side and the C on the other side). OGs can succeed with less athleticism than OTs because

they have limited responsibility with help on both sides.

Being finer, to play LT you have to be THE elite athlete of the OL because you don't have a TE to help on the outside and because

the (right handed) QB can't see the guy that you failed to block (hence the term "blind side"). The RT can be slightly less athletic

because he usually has a TE helping on his outside shoulder and because, if he misses, at least the (right handed) QB can see

the rusher coming and has a chance to evade him.

To be sure, some guys projected as OGs can succeed as OTs and some guys projected as OTs fail at OT, but can move in to

OG successfully. The latter (OT to OG) is more often the case, so the general feeling is that college OTs are safer picks because

they have two shots to be successful (try OT first and then move to OG if they fail at OT). For OGs, it is much rarer to fail at

OG and be successful at OT in the pros.

i don't know why anyone would be upset with decastro at #10.........he is one of the safest players in the draft and would not only upgrade the starting RG spot, he would also upgrade the backup C/G spot with urbik sliding back.........when injury hits no need to reshuffle everything, which is a huge + as we found out last year.......wood is a huge question mark coming off that injury and i'd feel much better with urbik at the ready.......solid chance he's true BPA when the bills are on the board and i would not be surprised if they jump at him

Cause he's a guard. You want day one starters, and while he would be, why use the selection in a spot where we have decent talent and depth compared to other positions.

Especially with Jackson's contract talks coming up. Bills are set to lose their grinder within the next couple of years at best. Could use a power back to replace Freddie... yikes :o

I agree w your logic, but it would be detrimental to take another rb in the top 10 under this regime.

Ok so he smokes weed, falls to us at 10, your dreams come true and we get him. He's now suspended for 4-6 weeks. Now what?

He goes on to 7 Pro Bowls, wins Defensive Player of the Year, and helps lead his team to a Championship?

I've been saying for over a month now that the Bills 1st-round pick will be DeCastro - if he's still on the board at the #10 spot. (Expect his stock to soar higher after his pro day tomorrow.)

BTW - Bills Director of Scouting Chuck Cook attended Arizona QB Nick Foles' pro day on Monday - look for the Bills to take Foles in round 6...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

post-2970-063994400 1332385743_thumb.jpg

Unless something crazy happens, DeCastro will be BPA at 10. If we take him, he replaces Urbik not Levitre.

I would draft DeCastro. If you can't re-sign Bell, you move Levitre out to left tackle and Decastro at left guard. If Bell does re-sign, you put Decastro at right guard and Urbik becomes the back up guard. If you don't like that scenero, move up and take the stud from USC, Kalil. I don't know what you would have to give up to move up that far. I don't think you could move up by trading our first and third but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Then if you're really lucky WR Stephen Hill would be there in the second round.

Unless something crazy happens, DeCastro will be BPA at 10. If we take him, he replaces Urbik not Levitre.

I would draft DeCastro. If you can't get Bell re-signed, then move Levitre out to left tackle. Decastro can take the left guard spot. If you can re-sign Bell then Levitre stays at left guard and Decastro plays right guard. Urbik to back up.

See how easy that was. Now you have taken a lineman that warrants the tenth pick in the draft. Or if you don't like that idea, you trade up and get Kalil. But I don't know what it would cost you to trade up to get him.

The injuries to Bell and Wood have historically been completely different.

Wood had a guy fall into his leg and break a bone. Bell on the other hand, jams a finger and goes out for the season.

I'm sure the Bills have an eye on Wood's status, but I wouldnt consider him as often injured.

Bell had a fractured collarbone this season he tried to play on and come back early for but couldn't. Then the knee. Far from hangnails. I get Wood gets the glory around here, but Bell has done an insane job for someone who started playing football 7 years ago. I'd bet on the upside he has and re-sign him, and since they've offered and like Bryan Scott are waiting for a response I'm inclined to think the Bills agree.