Brad Smith to WR idea

When Brad Smith was moved to WR when we were hit by injuries, he preformed pretty well as a deep threat. I say we send our extra fourth over to denver (I wouldnt offer anything higher) for tebow which would give us two big ticket drawers to our team (Mario) plus we can a have a QB for Chan to play with and groom behind Fitz. Brad Im sure would welcome the chance to be a full time starter and even with the Jets he was used more in the rb/wr mold. Just a thought......GO BILLS

I would actually consider CUTTING Brad Smith......

I thought our return game would be dangerous......then the league changed the rules on us. Justin Rogers was better.

Why? He is a good player on special teams covering kicks, he can play receiver, he can run the widecat, he could play QB in a pinch. Rogers is a fine returner too but that isn't enough reason to cut Brad. he'd be with another team like say the jets in a week

I dont know how much he actually makes.....only that I was very disappointed in our return investment last year....

Its mostly not his fault....the return rules really hurt us and I thought he was going to be a monster returner

Idk the exact numbers either but I doubt its a huge money deal. There are alot more aspects to Brads game than returning kicks. Hes a versicle player and the best part about having him, the Jets really missed him

When Brad Smith was moved to WR when we were hit by injuries, he preformed pretty well as a deep threat. I say we send our extra fourth over to denver (I wouldnt offer anything higher) for tebow which would give us two big ticket drawers to our team (Mario) plus we can a have a QB for Chan to play with and groom behind Fitz. Brad Im sure would welcome the chance to be a full time starter and even with the Jets he was used more in the rb/wr mold. Just a thought......GO BILLS

We need real #2 and #3 WRs. Wildcat QBs and RBs don't cut it. That was our problem last year. The crap we had that was ahead of those guys on the depth chart got hurt and it was down hill from there. Not to mention other than CJ playing WR for a game or two we had no WRs with 4.3 speed and other than SJ no guys that created any real separation from DBs.

I too was upset with our return game. However, Brad Smith did a lot for our offense. Our 3rd down percentage was really good with him at QB, Chan has said that is one of the reasons we brought him here. I like the idea of Tebow here, remember Chan coached an offense that utilized Hines ward, Stewart, and randel el as receivers/gadget players. I feel we could do some very different things with Tebow on the field.

Why? He is a good player on special teams covering kicks, he can play receiver, he can run the widecat, he could play QB in a pinch. Rogers is a fine returner too but that isn't enough reason to cut Brad. he'd be with another team like say the jets in a week

Gailey doesn't trust him to throw the ball so as far as I'm concerned, he better start catching or returning. Otherwise he is useless.

yeah, brad smith was pretty unimpressive as a WR to me. but then, so was donald jones. our coaching staff does not seem to mind hands of stone. that's why i love naaman roosevelt. i understand his limitations but at least he catches it.

He was ok in a pinch or for some gadget plays but it was obvious that the guys we had playing by mid season couldn't possibly know the position well not to mention Gailey's offense is on the complex side. I just have a feeling that we had to go away from what was working for us in the beginning of the year because we lost all of our speed and couldn't call as many audibles due to playing guys off the street and out of position at WR.

Fitz haters blast away but that's my feeling on it.

Gailey doesn't trust him to throw the ball so as far as I'm concerned, he better start catching or returning. Otherwise he is useless.

Not to mention it will cause an instant QB controversy after Fitz's first incompletion.

Edited by PDaDdy

We need real #2 and #3 WRs. Wildcat QBs and RBs don't cut it. That was our problem last year. The crap we had that was ahead of those guys on the depth chart got hurt and it was down hill from there. Not to mention other than CJ playing WR for a game or two we had no WRs with 4.3 speed and other than SJ no guys that created any real separation from DBs.

I agree with the "other than SJ no guys that created separation" comment. We need more of "that" type of player with Fitz at QB.

If in the near future we plan to change QB's? Then I say we look for that speedy speedy WR. But not while Fitz is QB. Right now separation and "open when not really open" is key.