Why Stephen Hill WILL be the pick at number 10.

mob16151

Not enough resume to be a top 10 pick. I would be shocked even more than when the Bills took Whitner. It would be a similar reach really.

How much resume did Calvin Johnson have when he was picked #2?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much resume did Calvin Johnson have when he was picked #2?

That is kind of the point with these GT guys. I am not big into this college vs that college etc etc. Hill, however, is quite literally the next BIG(and super fast) thing to come out of GT.

Even though I'm not a fan of Hill (see earlier post) people need to stop judging him based on stats. WRs do more blocking than route running in GTs triple option. Stats won't paint an accurate picture for guys coming out of GT, Army, etc.

Turns out he was plucked off the bargain rack… looks to me like his agent planted those Manningham to Buffalo rumors.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/mario-manningham-got-7-375-million-from-the-49ers/

I didn't even read the article, just the headline; hence me saying he made more than SJ :censored:

Edited by reed83 4th Rounder

That is kind of the point with these GT guys. I am not big into this college vs that college etc etc. Hill, however, is quite literally the next BIG(and super fast) thing to come out of GT.

Which is why I would like to trafe down and still pick him up. The key to that, of course, is to not trade down too far.

Biletnikoff Winner in 06, runner-up in 05. First team All-American 05 and 06. Not a bad resume, eh?

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't that before Johnson arrived as HC at Ga Tech and installed the triple option.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't see him being the pick at 10. I can't see him being available in round 2. I can't see buddy giving up picks to trade up for him. I can't see him being a bill. Selecting him at 10 is the most likely scenario and based on buddies philosophy of drafting the bpa, it's a big stretch.

I can't see him being the pick at 10. I can't see him being available in round 2. I can't see buddy giving up picks to trade up for him. I can't see him being a bill. Selecting him at 10 is the most likely scenario and based on buddies philosophy of drafting the bpa, it's a big stretch.

I second this. Not worth #10, probably not around in round 2. I like much of what I've seen of SH, but it's SUCH a small sample size because he wasn't thrown to much. Not only that, in his highlight videos look how often the CB is busy looking into the backfield trying to help stop the overpresent run, run and more run that the GT offense does. He won't have that distraction luxury in the NFL.

He's definitely an athlete, and willing team player, but can he be a productive WR in the NFL? RISKY bet.

Not enough resume to be a top 10 pick. I would be shocked even more than when the Bills took Whitner. It would be a similar reach really.

Yep. We have Hill going to Cleveland at their #22 (If Cleveland is the team at #22...I'd like to see a trade here... :ph34r: )

Great points except for the fact that Buddy Nix was sighted at his pro day. I don't think Buddy does much traveling unless there is some serious consideration.

I was being honest. Great point. I don't see this happening unless there is some movement in the draft. I would not poop a brick if we took him at #10 but I find it highly unlikely. It would be considered one of the bigger "reaches" in recent history.

If I'm not mistaken this was post combine after his measureables made him a consensus first round pick. Consensus first round pick meaning he will "go" in the first round.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/3/9/2856717/2012-nfl-draft-stephen-hill-buffalo-bills

Yep. We have Hill going to Cleveland at their #22 (If Cleveland is the team at #22...I'd like to see a trade here... :ph34r: )

If it happens I would imagine that it would be due to a trade back or a trade up back into the 1st round. 22 might be a bit late though. For what it's worth he was interviewed and featured on Sports Center and seems like a solid well spoken character guy. First thing he plans on doing with his money when asked was to give his tithe to the church and take care of his parents.

Edited by PDaDdy

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't that before Johnson arrived as HC at Ga Tech and installed the triple option.

Yes. You are correct.

Not a bad resume, but the awards do not always translate to a stellar pro career.

That's pretty immaculate as far as resumes go. I enjoy you brought it up then discredit looking at it when you realized how absolutely impeccable his college work was.

Get Gilmore at #10....trade back into the first (possibly using next years weaker #1) and grab Hill

OR

Give next years 1 to Pitt for Wallace

Then go nuts with OT/LB/Depth and Russel Wilson late in the 4th

Something tells me that Ga Tech connection is strong to very strong with Chix and this is their guy.