Barlow the Idiot

How about old Kevan Barlow. His team is getting whacked 41-zip and he's prancing all over the field after he makes a five yard gain with minutes left in the game. If I'm the coach, I immediately yank him, chance to finally score or not.

Speaking of the 49ers coach, isn't it great seeing that Ericson fool getting toasted. He embarrased the U. of M. with his recruiting scandals and got axed. And his current team in a pathetic blot on the Bay. The axe man commeth again, it would seem,E especially when you notice the almost empty stadium staring at the TV cameras mid-way through the third quarter.

How about old Kevan Barlow.  His team is getting whacked 41-zip and he's prancing all over the field after he makes a five yard gain with minutes left in the game.  If I'm the coach, I immediately yank him, chance to finally score or not.

Speaking of the 49ers coach, isn't it great seeing that Ericson fool getting toasted.  He embarrased the U. of M. with his recruiting scandals and got axed. And his current team in a pathetic blot on the Bay.  The axe man commeth again, it would seem,E especially when you notice the almost empty stadium staring at the TV cameras mid-way through the third quarter.

181178[/snapback]

I loved Jabari Greer pointing out the score to him.

It reminded me of Larry Centers play which years later in Shout! called it his most embarrassing play. Centers was on offense for the Cardinals & the Redskins, who were killing them, intercepted the ball, the guy ran about 20-30 yards and Centers leveled the guy. Centers then went into a flex a la Hardy Nickerson. The Redskins players then pointed to the scoreboard. I'm glad I was watching that game because until yesterday, it was by far the stupidest thing I've ever seen a player do. Barlow's wasn't as bad because he wasn't defending an interception, but it's a close 2nd.

How about old Kevan Barlow.  His team is getting whacked 41-zip and he's prancing all over the field after he makes a five yard gain with minutes left in the game.  If I'm the coach, I immediately yank him, chance to finally score or not.

Speaking of the 49ers coach, isn't it great seeing that Ericson fool getting toasted.  He embarrased the U. of M. with his recruiting scandals and got axed. And his current team in a pathetic blot on the Bay.  The axe man commeth again, it would seem,E especially when you notice the almost empty stadium staring at the TV cameras mid-way through the third quarter.

181178[/snapback]

Does anyone else get the feeling that Ericcson was hired by SF as a completely expendable coach who the owners could use as a sacrificial lamb for a completely blown couple of season? "Well...we're going to suck anyway, since we can't get any talent in here. So let's hire someone with a God-awful track record of coaching, so we won't have any problem canning his ass after we get our sh-- together..."

Does anyone else get the feeling that Ericcson was hired by SF as a completely expendable coach who the owners could use as a sacrificial lamb for a completely blown couple of season?  "Well...we're going to suck anyway, since we can't get any talent in here.  So let's hire someone with a God-awful track record of coaching, so we won't have any problem canning his ass after we get our sh-- together..."

181324[/snapback]

Like Gregg Williams?

I think Gregg Williams had a legitimate chance to succeed, but blew it mostly with his consistently bad choices for assistant coaches. Ericson could easily end up being a scapegoat for the horrible players they have in San Francisco due to the GMs missmanagement of the cap

Does anyone else get the feeling that Ericcson was hired by SF as a completely expendable coach who the owners could use as a sacrificial lamb for a completely blown couple of season?  "Well...we're going to suck anyway, since we can't get any talent in here.  So let's hire someone with a God-awful track record of coaching, so we won't have any problem canning his ass after we get our sh-- together..."

181324[/snapback]

Yeah, ESPN is showing an "Outside The Lines" that basically directly lays the pitiful state of the Niners at the feet of their niggardly owners, the Yorks.

Fire Erickson? John York is prolly going to give Erickson a 5 year extension on his contract.

:blink:

John York is life imitating art. I think he saw that "Major League" film a few too many times.

181324[/snapback]

.....especially when you notice the almost empty stadium staring at the TV cameras mid-way through the third quarter.

181178[/snapback]

Two weeks in a row, a chant of "T-K-O!!" is clearly audible during the fourth quarter of a road game. Bills Nation representin', as the home crowd abandons ship. :blink:

Chalkie, you may well be right about John York. Worst thing that ever happened to the Niners was Eddie D. getting shoved out of the picture...