What we'll probably get for T. Henry

Albany,n.y.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, every logical thing points to us NOT making the playoffs. I, for no apparent reason, think that we will, because we are just so good (now that TH is off the football field  :blink: ).

He is a bad fit bro.  :w00t:

181406[/snapback]

It's not us I'm worried about as much as relying on the Colts and Rams in their respective stuations to Win for us.

Keep TH out of it :blink:

If there is a player, in the Lee Evans category, that the Bills brass really, really likes, and his draft status is a mid to late first rounder, like Evans was, I could see the Bills trading our #2 and Henry for a team's #1. That would be a pretty good trade, I think, for another team who needs a RB, also. They would be getting Henry and two #2's, plus saving a little cash for not having to sign a #1.

That said, I still think we keep Henry for this next season. He is too good, too cheap, and a good #2 running back is too valuable to trade him for virtually nothing (meaning a #4 pick in the draft).

181129[/snapback]

The packaging makes sense. Or if someone is willing to give us a two or high three, I'd go for that. Otherwise, I'd keep TH. He should want to play well when given the opportunity, to make himself a more attractive free agent after next season

One other problem that I see with Henry is that he's not very useful as a backup to McGahee because his skills don't match the typical "third down" back profile well because of the poor blocking and pass routes/receiving. He also isn't likely to return kicks on this team or play special teams.

I gotta go there too. TH is too good a back (even with his faults) to put on the street for a fourth round pick. What about a trade scenario? Just about everyone is better off in tight ends than the Bills. That, I could see. I hate to say it, but if the team is going to lose Travis next year, does Miami have anything we want? They are seriously hurting for a running game. Of course, having an non-offensive line wouldn't hurt them there, either.

181114[/snapback]

Yes that run into the pile running style of his will eventually catch on. Even though he really has blown this year you can't trade him to the Dolphags because he'll probably return to his 1300 + yard form just to screw us, plus the Fish have nothing we need, because they won't trade mcmichael for TH.

Henry and Willis have different styles and different skills. Willis can get through very small holes by his quick, slithering style and effective use of the straight arm. Henry puts his shoulder down to get extra yardage. An earlier post mentioned that a combination of things explain why the Bills are doing better on offense, I agree. One of those factors is Willis. Travis did not have a good year. He did have two very good years as part of an offense that overall, did very poorly. He can still help somebody, if not the Bills. One possibility is to package Travis and Josh Reed for a higher draft pick. But is either one and both attractive enough to anybody willing to trade a higher pick? The Bills still need a consistent pass rush threat as the Bills defensive line doesn't match up well with some of the better offensive lines. A dominating stud on the offensive line would be welcome also.