Message from a Vikes fan

Fezmid

I sent a quick message to a coworker because the Bills have a better record than the Vikes now. That message was totally discounted, and I thought I'd share it here. ;)

Of Buffalo's wins, only 1 has come against a decent team (the Jets).  Of the 9 wins, 4 were against teams that have 4 or less wins today (Cleveland, Miami*2, SF). Buffalo lost to almost all the toughest teams in the division!  The Bills have only beaten 2 teams with a winning record - the Jets and the Seahawks (now 8-7 and the Seahawks have that good of a record by beating SF twice and Miami!).  Add up the total number of wins for all 9 teams (count Miami twice), divide by 9 and you end up with 5.4.  That's nothing to be proud of.  Do the same for the Vikings and the average for the teams we beat was 6.1.  We played zero teams with under 4 wins.  In fact, there is only 1 team with less than 4 wins in the NFC and you played them and the Vikings didn't (SF).  The Vikings did beat only 1 team with a winning record though (Jacksonsville, whom the Bills lost to).

Based on only the won-loss records of the two teams, we've beaten better teams on average that the Bills have.

Looking at the losses, we've each lost to bad teams (the Bills against Oakland and the Vikes against both the Giants and the Bears, plus also the bad Seahawks even they have a winning record).  All of the other losses have been against teams with good records.

In any case, neither the Bills nor the Vikings are actually that good - we've both managed to beat bad teams to get decent records.  Neither team will make it far in the playoffs if they get that far.  The last time the Bills played a good team (New England) they got hammered by over 3 touchdowns.  The Vikes really only played 2 good teams this year - they lost by 11 in Philly on a Monday night in week 2 and then lost without Moss to Indy by a field goal on the last play of the game.

Fire away.

CW

Simply yawn at your coworker because that rational (don't we know someone here who uses it?? ;) ) does not hold water. There multitudes of factors like division rivalries to take into account where record doesn't matter and also , as was the case this year with the Hawks and Rams and Bengals, they WERE good teams at the time we played them. The Vikes have not displayed a good defense in any game this year that I can recall. We have a complete team now.

Simply yawn at your coworker because that rational (don't we know someone here who uses it??  ;) ) does not hold water. There multitudes of factors like division rivalries to take into account  where record doesn't matter and also , as was the case this year with the Hawks and Rams and Bengals,  they WERE good teams at the time we played them. The Vikes have not displayed a good defense in any game this year that I can recall. We have a complete team now.

180896[/snapback]

Yawn is right. Basically his argument is that win-loss records mean nothing, yet his whole argument was based of other teams' win-loss records.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Minnesota has ALSO only beaten one team with a winning record.

Minnesota Vikings are some of the biggest frauds in SPORTS, yet alone the NFL.

180906[/snapback]

Yeah, but he's not saying that the Vikes are better than the Bills; he says that they both suck.

And don't insult the Twins and the Wild. ;)

CW

Yeah, but he's not saying that the Vikes are better than the Bills; he says that they both suck.

And don't insult the Twins and the Wild. :lol:

CW

180909[/snapback]

Oh I wont insult any other Minny teams....so if the Bills suck, who's good then? Just NE PITT and everyone else sucks??? ;):):D

Oh I wont insult any other Minny teams....so if the Bills suck, who's good then?  Just NE PITT and everyone else sucks???  ;)  :)  :D

180914[/snapback]

I misread your post and thought you said that all Minnesota teams were frauds. I better go back to first grade and learn to read. :lol:

CW

Oh I wont insult any other Minny teams....so if the Bills suck, who's good then?  Just NE PITT and everyone else sucks???  ;)  :)  :D

180914[/snapback]

Who has NE beaten? They lost to Pittsburgh, won against the colts at home

by a last second field goal and then beat teams with losing records and

bad teams like the bills (as viewed by the Vikes Fan)....

Who has NE beaten?  They lost to Pittsburgh, won against the colts at home

by a last second field goal and then beat teams with losing records and

bad teams like the bills (as viewed by the Vikes Fan)....

180921[/snapback]

The Pats are 7-1 against teams with winning records. We are 2-5.

The Pats are 6-1 against teams with losing records. We are 7-1.

See the difference?

The Pats are 7-1 against teams with winning records.  We are 2-5.

The Pats are 6-1 against teams with losing records. We are 7-1.

See the difference?

180935[/snapback]

My point was, the guy did not consider the bills/jets as good teams

(not teams with winning records)...so the Pats records against the

Jets/Bills don't count towards the "beating the good teams"....