Real Leadership Failure

The Quote of the Decade:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”

~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like somebody might've fainted up here, have we got . . . Somebody . . . EMS . . . Somebody . . Don't worry about it: Folks do this all the time in my meetings," Obama said. "You always got to eat before you stand for a long time--that's a little tip. They'll be OK, just make sure--give them a little room.

'Bout an hour ago.

Seriously, no one has done the most obvious one.

I can make a firm pledge, under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes" - Barack Obama 2008

"Here in Asia", while he was in Hawaii.

For quotes given by presidents who don't can't talk good no one is ever going to beat GWB. My favorite three:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

You want a "W" thread, start a "W" thread. Sheeesh...

"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time." -- Barack Obama

For quotes given by presidents who don't can't talk good no one is ever going to beat GWB. My favorite three:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

Can you see the difference in what Obama said and what Bush said?

Is that the only difference you see?

How bout lightening up a bit, hmmm? I saw a thread on Obama quotes and I thought I'd post a few Bush quotes that always make me laugh. Sorry.

I'm all business now. No laughing, no fun, no humor, no games, no playing. I have my serious face on now I promise.

Come on fellas, that is some pretty funny **** :lol:

How bout lightening up a bit, hmmm? I saw a thread on Obama quotes and I thought I'd post a few Bush quotes that always make me laugh. Sorry.

I'm all business now. No laughing, no fun, no humor, no games, no playing. I have my serious face on now I promise.

And that too :lol:

One of the guys misspoke or fumbled with the language while the other one in most instances made premeditated statements.

Come on fellas, that is some pretty funny **** :lol:

That's true! Ahh well, this thread will die fast any way.

"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

Oh, that was Obama again.