Real Leadership Failure

The Quote of the Decade:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”

~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Looks like somebody might've fainted up here, have we got . . . Somebody . . . EMS . . . Somebody . . Don't worry about it: Folks do this all the time in my meetings," Obama said. "You always got to eat before you stand for a long time--that's a little tip. They'll be OK, just make sure--give them a little room.

'Bout an hour ago.

Seriously, no one has done the most obvious one.

I can make a firm pledge, under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes" - Barack Obama 2008

"Here in Asia", while he was in Hawaii.

For quotes given by presidents who don't can't talk good no one is ever going to beat GWB. My favorite three:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

You want a "W" thread, start a "W" thread. Sheeesh...

"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time." -- Barack Obama

For quotes given by presidents who don't can't talk good no one is ever going to beat GWB. My favorite three:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

Can you see the difference in what Obama said and what Bush said?

Is that the only difference you see?

How bout lightening up a bit, hmmm? I saw a thread on Obama quotes and I thought I'd post a few Bush quotes that always make me laugh. Sorry.

I'm all business now. No laughing, no fun, no humor, no games, no playing. I have my serious face on now I promise.

Come on fellas, that is some pretty funny **** :lol:

How bout lightening up a bit, hmmm? I saw a thread on Obama quotes and I thought I'd post a few Bush quotes that always make me laugh. Sorry.

I'm all business now. No laughing, no fun, no humor, no games, no playing. I have my serious face on now I promise.

And that too :lol:

One of the guys misspoke or fumbled with the language while the other one in most instances made premeditated statements.

Come on fellas, that is some pretty funny **** :lol:

That's true! Ahh well, this thread will die fast any way.

"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

Oh, that was Obama again.

Ahh, the old "but Bush did it too!" retort. The last refuge of a libtard who has nothing to defend his messiah with.

Shouldn't you be rapin...er occupying someone shouting about how you need the rich to pay for your lifestyle because you're too stupid and lazy to pay your obligations?

Ahh, the old "but Bush did it too!" retort. The last refuge of a libtard who has nothing to defend his messiah with.

Shouldn't you be rapin...er occupying someone shouting about how you need the rich to pay for your lifestyle because you're too stupid and lazy to pay your obligations?

It's not even that. Bush fumbled some speech and Obama purposely made premeditated statements that were the opposite of his intentions and/or actions.

It's not even that. Bush fumbled some speech and Obama purposely made premeditated statements that were the opposite of his intentions and/or actions.

You mean a politician said one thing to one group of people because he thought it is what that group of people wanted to hear and he thought it would help his career? I'm speechless and feel slightly dirty. I truly hope Obama is the first and last to do this or I am out of the whole politics thing altogether.

But with Obama, I don't think his backtracking on campaign statememts were 'purposely premeditated' as you stated. I think it was more that he was a very young, junior politician who didn't yet have his political identity (remember that he was against mandatory health insurance during the campaign) or political seasoning. I always got the sense that his positions were more unintentionally fluid and it worked to his advantage in 2008.

Anyway, as to the Bush quotes I posted earlier, it was just something I thought was funny. (And those quotes are funny. This is not a matter of opinion.) Not everything has to have an agenda attached to it.

You mean a politician said one thing to one group of people because he thought it is what that group of people wanted to hear and he thought it would help his career? I'm speechless and feel slightly dirty. I truly hope Obama is the first and last to do this or I am out of the whole politics thing altogether.

But with Obama, I don't think his backtracking on campaign statememts were 'purposely premeditated' as you stated. I think it was more that he was a very young, junior politician who didn't yet have his political identity (remember that he was against mandatory health insurance during the campaign) or political seasoning. I always got the sense that his positions were more unintentionally fluid and it worked to his advantage in 2008.

Anyway, as to the Bush quotes I posted earlier, it was just something I thought was funny. (And those quotes are funny. This is not a matter of opinion.) Not everything has to have an agenda attached to it.

So Obama is either a lying sack of crap or was too stupid to know any better?

That's your position?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's your position?

You'd be surprised at how popular a position it is. I believe DC Tom said something similar about Obama's early Gitmo policy. That he was naive.

Edited by LeviF91

That's your position?

It's amazing the excuses people come up with for the amateur we have as the POTUS. Reread the first post in this thread and come up with any possible excuse for Obama.

It's amazing the excuses people come up with for the amateur we have as the POTUS. Reread the first post in this thread and come up with any possible excuse for Obama.

"Too stupid to know any better" is an attempt at "excuse-making" for an "amateur POTUS?" Really?

You'd be surprised at how popular a position it is. I believe DC Tom said something similar about Obama's early Gitmo policy. That he was naive.

He was. Virtually every president is when he takes office. Obama, though, was a damn memorial to the blindness of doctrine to reality. Still is to a degree.

Knowing how unqualified he was, did you still vote for him to become POTUS?

He's the only one that's allowed to have a sense of humor.

Knowing how unqualified he was, did you still vote for him to become POTUS?

No, I did not. And I most likely will not vote for him this year either, although I try to keep an open mind.

I do not understand the hyper-polarized 'you're with me or against me' extremist universe the 3rdnings of the world live in and the Fox news induced knee jerk reactions it produces. Thinking Bush is an illiterate dufus (which he is) does not preclude one from thinking Obama is a giant douche (because he is.)

No, I did not. And I most likely will not vote for him this year either, although I try to keep an open mind.

I do not understand the hyper-polarized 'you're with me or against me' extremist universe the 3rdnings of the world live in and the Fox news induced knee jerk reactions it produces. Thinking Bush is an illiterate dufus (which he is) does not preclude one from thinking Obama is a giant douche (because he is.)

You are an idiot because you know nothing of me and you just shoot your mouth off. You would not only be surprised but probably would become one of Crayonz or my flocks if we let you in.

"With me or against me".....can also be seen as "for the truth or against it". Polarized? Perhaps, but, why shouldn't something like "we need immediate and comprehensive reform of entitlements, energy, immigration and tax policy or this country is in serious trouble" which is absolutely true, polarize those of us who can accept this truth from those who can't?

Why shouldn't:

"we need to repeal Obamacare, first and foremost because it's bad law, suffers from numerous design flaws, these flaws are pervasive and have so many dependencies, that simply trying to fix them cannot work. With so many design flaws the only reasonable thing to do is start over."

serve to polarize those who are looking out for the country from those who are looking out for their political party by denying their obvious mistakes?

I want to know which people in government are avoiding, blocking, obscuring this truth. I want them to stand out like the turds in a punch bowl they are.

We need to find out who is keeping us from solving our problems, regardless of party, and then do whatever is legal to get rid of them, or, at the very least, make them irrelevant. Look, Nancy Pelosi is in the best possible position, FOR THE COUNTRY, right now: she has no power, and, she is a crackpot that they stand up in front of the media every so often, to unintentionally serve as a great reminder for the people who forgot in 2006 why we need to keep her and those like her, from ever getting any power.

Edited by OCinBuffalo