Big Ben or Lee Evans

Rico

Ben is amazing... as much as I love Lee, I'd trade him for Ben in a heartbeat.

180647[/snapback]

You have to look at what each player would bring to this offense. Ben would be called to manage the game and w/o Evans there is no big play ability in the passing game. I think Lee adds more to this offense than Ben could without him and I don't think its even close.

Without the stickum?  :)

Okay, okay.  Freddie was awesome and I'd be the last guy to denigrate him.  But you've got to admit the stickum helped.

180862[/snapback]

Sure. But they all had that. As well as forehead bruises and sore ribs thanks to the likes of Willie Brown, Butch Byrd, Night Train Lane, Herb Adderley, etc. ;)

I was thrilled on draft day when Big Ben was taken ahead of us & the Bills drafted Evans. I thought Big Ben would be a Big Bust and, being a Big 10 fan, I knew that Evans would be a stud.

Well, obviously I was wrong about Ben :blink: ,

but I'm still glad we've got Evans instead.

All he does is make plays all over the field,

and he still has a world of upside.

He gets better every game he plays, and that speed!

The way he shifted gears on that end-around yesterday was just sick!

Barring injury, Evans will be a perrenial All-Pro,

I say the Steelers can keep Big Ben. :blink:

180606[/snapback]

By Adding Ben you don't just swap him for Evans. You also get to subtract Drew's salary thereby adding two possible three solid free-agents. So essentially you add four players, not two, to the active roster.

I'd take Ben and :

Marcus Tubbs DT Texas (Future pro-bowler)

Ahmad Carroll DB Arkansas (Solid CB)

Chris Gamble DB Ohio State (Bright future)

Michael Jenkins WR Ohio State (Would do better with a REAL no.1 WR)

Rashaun Woods WR Oklahoma State (Terrible QBs, lower stats than expected)

As much as I love Lee Evans, Big Ben is going to be a great not good QB and I'd love to dump Drew and add two/three top FAs for his salary. By adding Marcus Tubbs we could also jettison Sam Adams as he's made from the same mold.

Wasnt there a whole lot of teeth gnashing on draft day when Lee Evans' name was called?

181045[/snapback]

I don't remember that. There were a few, but you'll always have that. Most of the negative comments toward Lee Evans were in regards to his height compared to the other top WRs in the draft class. Of course, at 5'11 and 200lbs, the guy isn't really undersized. Myself, I was very satisfied with the pick after having predicted the Bills to select Evans (and Losman through trade) in the first round.

As for Evans vs Roethlisberger, I'd pick Evans. I'm not sold on Roethlisberger yet. He may turn into a great QB, and indeed he appears headed in the right direction. But I want to see what happens next year when defenses really get a chance to take a long look at his play on film and adjust accordingly. Evans will have to face that to a degree as well, but I like his chances better as a WR than that of Roethlisberger at QB.

By Adding Ben you don't just swap him for Evans.  You also get to subtract Drew's salary thereby adding two possible three solid free-agents.  So essentially you add four players, not two, to the active roster.

I'd take Ben and :

Marcus Tubbs DT Texas  (Future pro-bowler)

Ahmad Carroll DB Arkansas (Solid CB)

Chris Gamble DB Ohio State (Bright future)

Michael Jenkins WR Ohio State (Would do better with a REAL no.1 WR)

Rashaun Woods WR    Oklahoma State (Terrible QBs, lower stats than expected)

As much as I love Lee Evans, Big Ben is going to be a great not good QB and I'd love to dump Drew and add two/three top FAs for his salary.  By adding Marcus Tubbs we could also jettison Sam Adams as he's made from the same mold.

181176[/snapback]

I think you either underestimate the cost of a solid FA pick-up or over-estimate the cap value of Bledsoe. Sam Adams for example is considered a steal by TD at his 2004 cap hit of $2.5 million and 2 players at this level would equal the cap hit of Bledsoe so unless TD is going to swing some deal even better than his Adams negotiation getting three solid players for Bledsoe's cap hit seems quite unlikely.

In addition, at the point you sign Big Ben, I doubt we're clairvoyant and know for sure that he is going to be ready to start and win for us immediately. You probably spend a chunk of any Bledsoe savings on a QB to man the post until the rookie is ready to go.

STILL chewing on those sour grapes?    You must have one hell of a "bitter beer face"

181047[/snapback]

There are no sour grapes in my life, troll. There are only obnoxious Patsy trolls who have nothing else to do with their time but hang out at a Bills message board posting ignorant tripe.

You are, without question, the BF/ICE of Patsy trolls.

Thurman's Helmet Posted Today, 05:33 PM

Wasnt there a whole lot of teeth gnashing on draft day when Lee Evans' name was called?

Not from me. In fact I was one of the loudest Bills fans at the draft when Paul Tagliabue read off Lee Evans' name. I said on the board prior to draft day that my dream picks in the 04 Draft were, Lee Evans & Ben Troupe. I am very satisfied with Evans.