Gentlemen, start your engines!

Just Jack

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy end to the race. Glad to see Stewart accept blame as he was clearly blocking at the end. Of course, he's one of the more honorable guys about this type of stuff. More glad that nobody was seriously hurt....or killed.

Don't look now....but the 24 is creeping up.

I really wish I could get in to these races again. It is just so freaking derrrrr derrr turn left redneck and sold out. They have run off all of their good fans to the major cheese fans, the rednecks, and the sponsorhuggers.

Junior out for two weeks....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/dale-earnhardt-jr-miss-two-races-suffering-concussion-130711569--nascar.html

He shook off questions about his health and proceeded to give a lucid, if pointed, interview about the state of racing at Talladega. He clearly was not in the best condition, but observers attributed it to the shock of being involved in such a major wreck. The truth, as it turned out, was much worse. On Wednesday, Earnhardt was diagnosed with a concussion. And now, according to Hendrick Motorsports, Earnhardt will sit out the races at Charlotte and Kansas. Regan Smith will drive the #88 in his stead.

IMO Junior is the most overrated driver in NASCAR history.

With that said its a smart move getting him out of the car. As we all know concussions are no joke and the hits these guys take and even the G's they pull in the turns is pretty rough on the brain. I don't want to see another driver die any time EVER.

• 1 month later...

Looks like all hell broke loose today! Johnson crashing out all but giving the title to Keselowski, the melee between the 24 and 15 crews with Jeff Gordon right smack dab in the middle of it all getting his ass kicked. The final lap. Jesus. Someone's going to get killed out there, soon.

Also Keselowski's post race comments on the podium. I hardly think that Roger Penske would allow one of his drivers to do that.

like him or hate him, gordon got jumped and that isn't cool...when they wreck each other like that there is usually just body damage and no potential for any injury, they know what they are doing...the fact they took logano out was unfortunate...

Looks like all hell broke loose today! Johnson crashing out all but giving the title to Keselowski, the melee between the 24 and 15 crews with Jeff Gordon right smack dab in the middle of it all getting his ass kicked. The final lap. Jesus. Someone's going to get killed out there, soon.

Also Keselowski's post race comments on the podium. I hardly think that Roger Penske would allow one of his drivers to do that.

If you see the replays of the fight between pit crews you'll see Gordon was being held back from the fight. No way Hendrick allows that multi-million dollar man to be in a brawl with guys bigger and stronger than him. Needless to say that was quite entertaining and sets some anticipation for the season-ending race on Sunday.

I have noticed I am starting to like Gordon, his lil midget arse is seeming to grow a pair of balls.

I've always liked Jeff...and he's finally giving Boyer a bit of what he's been giving all season. I don't like how it 'may' have affected Boyer's remote shot at a title though. I would have rather seen Jeff race him hard the last lap and then bury him in the wall post race. I think it would have actually been more entertaining and dramatic.