Stolen iPhone

My girlfriend had her iPhone stolen right out of her purse tonight. Its a longer story than that, but I'll spare you all the details. Is there any chance she'll ever see it again? Is there any way that if it gets taken to a Verizon or Apple store that they would see the serial number or something? She had the service deactivated right away, so basically its just a piece of plastic, metal and computer chips because she keeps it with a password. Thanks.

I feel for you dude. That's why I am willing to sell you mine for really cheap if you want. PM me for the details. Also I have a $100 gift card to a really nice spa and a north face jacket I would be willing to let go for cheap as well!

Cheers! :beer:

I feel like this is sarcasm...

nah man - he sent me a link to his craigslist post selling it the other day in a PM. It looked like a good deal, but I already have an Iphone, dont really need a jacket living in new orleans and im not a big spa guy, so i passed. but it seems more like fate than sarcasm, if you ask me.

The long version is that she went to her gym for a quick treadmill session and left her purse and coat in an unlocked locker thinking that 20 minutes wouldn't hurt anything. Her credit cards, iphone and a $100 gift card to a really nice spa that I had given her were stolen. Live and learn, I guess...

She called the police and filed a report immediately, and another girl had a north face jacket stolen during the same time frame. My girlfriend had turned the phone off herself prior to it being stolen. She is pretty busted up about it because it's absolutely her own fault. (I tried to not say that when I was consoling her last night...)

Live and learn. She should still feel lucky even pulling off that bonehead feat. She could have attempted to kiss a dog right after that dog got rescued... Getting 70 or so stitches along with having her mouth sealed up so it can heal. It is just worthless material attachments that lead to a big pain in the butt!

I feel for you dude. That's why I am willing to sell you mine for really cheap if you want. PM me for the details. Also I have a $100 gift card to a really nice spa and a north face jacket I would be willing to let go for cheap as well!

Cheers! :beer:

I will give you 50 bucks for them! :D

Spas generally keep track of who purchases gift cards so you might call them and see if they will cooperate in letting you know if someone tries to redeem the certificate.

I had my iphone stolen from inside the "secured" NIC-U unit at the hospital last year after my girls were born. Nowhere is safe to leave your stuff unattended. Unless of course you're on the beach and you put it in your shoe.

ah so.....I just need to look for KD's shoes on the beach!

Spas generally keep track of who purchases gift cards so you might call them and see if they will cooperate in letting you know if someone tries to redeem the certificate.

I had my iphone stolen from inside the "secured" NIC-U unit at the hospital last year after my girls were born. Nowhere is safe to leave your stuff unattended. Unless of course you're on the beach and you put it in your shoe.

Many years ago I had my car broken into at a gun range! They stole a bunch of CDs and a radar detector. Either the bravest or dumbest criminals ever.