New Bills Fan!

bartshan-83

Please allow me to proudly announce the birth of a future-member of our tortured society of Bills fandom: my son, Julian James Shanahan. Little guy was born late on Saturday and weighed in at an even 8 lbs. And we might have a future tight end on our hands since he measured a lanky 23 inches!

I haven't been much of a poster this past year or so, and I'm even more worthless as a moderator, but I've been part of this community for probably over a dozen years and you all have been somewhat of an extended family. There is no better place to discuss Buffalo Bills football, get help on currency conversion or swap pickle juice-themed recipes. And if you don't know what I'm talking about on those last two things, well, that's what makes this place so much fun.

I feel bad about passing on this curse of the Bills onto my son, but it's not really a choice. My dad did the same to me and I think it is just a way to share suffering with the next generation. Julian, like me, will have never lived anywhere near upstate NY, but he will still wear the red, white and blue (and hopefully only ONE shade of blue -- thanks again 2004-2010 uniforms) and scream at the television for many decades to come. Nothing will toughen a child up like latching them on to these heart-breakers from any early age. My dad even bought him a square for the Super Bowl a few weeks ago in a pool we did. So it was good to give him the feeling of losing on that day even before he was born.

It's been a surreal couple of days obviously, but I really couldn't be happier. There is no feeling like seeing your child for the first time (at least none that I've experienced yet). I look forward to many years of joy together, before he gets old enough to be too cool for his old man (might not take long). And if he does decide one day to sign up to Two Bills Drive and join our dysfunctional family, I'll make sure he knows how to handle it.

And if he can't, I'll just ban him.

GO BILLS!!

~Bart

Please allow me to proudly announce the birth of a future-member of our tortured society of Bills fandom: my son, Julian James Shanahan.

Congratulations, Bartshan!

Don't worry about the whole pain-of-being-a-Bills-fan thing. It'll be fun as long as it's something you do together. Plus, it builds character. :D:huh::unsure:

Also, cool Tom Waits reference under your avatar.