Your Top 4 "So Bad, It's Good" Movies

SelmonSmith6378

I watch a lot of movies and this is a constant topic that's brought up with my fellow movie nerds. Great topic.

That said, this list needs some more definition. Are we talking movies that are so bad you laugh? Or movies that you know are horrible but yet you find yourself being unable to turn them off when you start watching them? I'd argue these are two very different lists. But like I said, I'm a nerd.

Here's my list:

1. REAL MEN (my all time favorite bad movie that's actually GREAT)

2. BATTLE LA (Most fun I've had at a midnight screening since that time in high school with Julie Banks. Nothing compares to Two Face giving 4 monologues in the same scene and then closing that same scene by saying, "but none of that matters right now.")

3. STARSHIP TROOPERS (NPH at his finest. That's all I need.)

4. WAVELENGTH (1967 film. It's a 45 minute slow zoom across the room of a Manhattan loft while a sine wave gradually builds in volume until it's just a high pitched buzz. Seriously, it's hilarious.)

2. BATTLE LA (Most fun I've had at a midnight screening since that time in high school with Julie Banks. Nothing compares to Two Face giving 4 monologues in the same scene and then closing that same scene by saying, "but none of that matters right now.")

I remember you mentioning that back when you saw it. I'm still trying to catch that movie, for just that scene.

Surprised no "Battlefield Earth" from you. that movie was hilarious. so many wtf moments.

Nah, I thought that was just tiresome. Probably because I read the book (which isn't bad, really. The first thousand pages go by pretty quickly.)

Manos: Hands of Fate -- died laughing when they did it on Mystery Science Theatre

If we include movies that were featured on Mystery Science Theatre 3000, then my choices are:

"Monster A-Go-Go"

"Santa Claus Conquers the Martians"

"I Accuse My Parents"

Nah, I thought that was just tiresome. Probably because I read the book (which isn't bad, really. The first thousand pages go by pretty quickly.)

"While you were still learning how to SPELL YOUR NAME...I...Was being trained...TO CONQUER GALAXIES!" That quote never gets old haha. Or how about "Your out of your SKULL BONE if you think I'm going to list "Shot by man animal" as cause of death unless I SEE IT!!" Never read the book. Should I check it out?

Kentucky Fried Movie

dude, thats a great movie.

Just like thm were

Can You Do It Till You Need Glasses and If You Don't Stop...You Will Go Blind

Now, i saw all those movies while still in high school, so the humor might not quite be as funny and risque as i remember them.

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/a-d/canIdoit77.htm

Found this clip that sums ip the movies

Edited by plenzmd1