Bills @ Ravens Game Oct. 24: Another Roll Call

R. Rich

Since I'll be meeting with the owner of Sliders, I'd like to see if I can give him another estimate of how many will be there. From what I heard the first time I asked who might go, I told him about 300, maybe more. Due to the difficulty of getting tickets for the game, I realize that we probably won't get that many. Last time I asked though, we still had over 200 (including any guests that will be coming with them) that said they'll go. That's about the number I was going to tell the guy when I see him tomorrow.

Those of you who still plan to attend, if you could give me an estimate of how many you plan to bring with you (if any), I'd appreciate it. After the meeting, I'll post another message about whatever details of the tailgate we get resolved.

As of now I'm not planning on going due to the ticket situation, if an extra comes up please let me know, I still may go via bus package deal from a company down here but its a five hour drive and the bus returns after the game and I'd much rather stay the night. 10hrs on a bus=rj

As of now I'm not planning on going due to the ticket situation, if an extra comes up please let me know, I still may go via bus package deal from a company down here but its a five hour drive and the bus returns after the game and I'd much rather stay the night.  10hrs on a bus=rj

620[/snapback]

Bus deal; are you referring to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern? I know he bought one of those "tailgate packages" of 30 tickets for $6,500.00 and has been trying to sell them. When I saw him a few months ago, I told him I'd post a message on the board so that any interested TBDers could check it out. I guess I'll have to re-post it since we lost the old posts.

Bus deal; are you referring to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern?  I know he bought one of those "tailgate packages" of 30 tickets for $6,500.00 and has been trying to sell them.  When I saw him a few months ago, I told him I'd post a message on the board so that any interested TBDers could check it out.  I guess I'll have to re-post it since we lost the old posts.

630[/snapback]

No its not that one, but like Isaid I haven't decided yet and they told me its very unlikely to sell out, I'd entertain anything available so let me know.

I am trying to get there but tickets are too high right now. What are the scalpers getting right before gametime? I may have one shot, but I have to pray that the Ravens keep Doug Goodwin on thier roster, I am freinds with his parents (the Dad played for the Bills 64+65) They may be able to get other players tickets.

What are the scalpers getting right before gametime?

662[/snapback]

In reference to that issue...

Lots of luck.

I've been trying to find an inexpensive alternative to going the ticket broker route, and it's just not happenin'.  I'm just going to buy a pair of tickets from a broker and be done with it.  Those who plan on just showing up at the game, thinking they'll find cheap seats need to take into consideration that this game is SOLD OUT!!!  I can't think of any person who has tickets (and, believe me, Ravens tickets are very expensive) that would want to dispose of them at cost or less than cost when they can inflate the price and get them sold.  If they didn't have those damn PSLs, I would've just bought season tickets once the new stadium opened, as my wife is a Steelers fan and would then get to see them once a year.  We're on the waiting list for Steelers season tickets, but I don't expect to see those for almost another decade.

328[/snapback]

Rich....we also run the Washington DC Backers...

I 've had members email me and ask me if there is anything going on for that game...and who a contact person would be.

Do you have a contact person with info?

930[/snapback]

In regards to the tailgate, they can contact me.

I've got season tickets to the Ravens (only go when there's no conflict with a Bills game ;) )

but unfortunately will be out-of-town on business. :D

And before anyone asks, sorry, but they're already spoken for.

I've got season tickets to the Ravens (only go when there's no conflict with a Bills game ;) )

but unfortunately will be out-of-town on business.  :D

And before anyone asks, sorry, but they're already spoken for.

1573[/snapback]

money talks......

how much?

Archived