More talk of Manning in Miami

Amstel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have the Dolphins sign Manning than Flynn, to tell you the truth. Manning will cost the Miami big bucks and I don't believe he'll ever be the same again. This move will set Miami back a few years. I hope they do it.

I'd rather have the Dolphins sign Manning than Flynn, to tell you the truth. Manning will cost the Miami big bucks and I don't believe he'll ever be the same again. This move will set Miami back a few years. I hope they do it.

Absolutely. Duante culpepper part 2. Although PM would be an upgrade for the jets over Sanchez. Nightmare scenario for us is Flynn to Miami and Peyton to jets.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I was thinking the same thing when I heard the jets wanted him. My thoughts were you'd better win a superbowl with him because he's going to set you back a few years. He's 36 coming off a major injury. He's no one's QB of the future. Unless you had an aging team trying at one last shot at the big game you'd be better off finding or trying to find the "franchise" qb that will lead your team for 8-10 years. If I was a fins fan I'd be hoping they trade up to number 2 (Fisher seemed to indicate the Rams are willing to move down) and draft RG3. Either way you set the team back either by delaying the process of finding your qb of the future or by giving up draft picks- I think RG3 has better upside for the future....

Edited by Amstel

I was thinking the same thing when I heard the jets wanted him. My thoughts were you'd better win a superbowl with him because he's going to set you back a few years. He's 36 coming off a major injury. He's no one's QB of the future. Unless you had an aging team trying at one last shot at the big game you'd be better off finding or trying to find the "franchise" qb that will lead your team for 8-10 years. If I was a fins fan I'd be hoping they trade up to number 2 (Fisher seemed to indicate the Rams are willing to move down) and draft RG3. Either way you set the team back either by delaying the process of finding your qb of the future or by giving up draft picks- I think RG3 has better upside for the future....

I would think any team would have him checked out before signing him and pretty confident he can play again. I don't know why it has to set any team back. he can play for 4-5 more years. I'm sure he will get paid significantly less than the $28 million he was due in March with the Colts. This is a great move for the Fins or the Jets.

My wife worked at a fusion center and I'm starting to believe her opinion he won't play again. He just doesn't know it yet

They keep saying the nerves in his arm have not fully regenerated yet and may never regenerate.

They keep saying the nerves in his arm have not fully regenerated yet and may never regenerate.

Who are the "they" that keep saying this? His surgeon says he can play. His own doctor says if it was his own son he would tell him to go play. So I don't know who these so called people are that says his nerves have not or will not regenerate. I think whoever gets him will be dramatically better

Edited by first_and_ten

Who are the "they" that keep saying this? His surgeon says he can play. His own doctor says if it was his own son he would tell him to go play. So I don't know who these so called people are that says his nerves have not or will not regenerate. I think whoever gets him will be dramatically better

Peyton Manning is 36 years old. Healthy or not his skills will decline and decline rapidly. I'm not worried about Manning joining the Jets or the Fins. Remember how fast Kelly and Marino declined when they hit 35? The same will happen to Manning. Time waits for no man. He's one hit away from a wheel chair and he knows it. That, alone, might change the way he plays the game.

Peyton Manning is 36 years old. Healthy or not his skills will decline and decline rapidly. I'm not worried about Manning joining the Jets or the Fins. Remember how fast Kelly and Marino declined when they hit 35? The same will happen to Manning. Time waits for no man. He's one hit away from a wheel chair and he knows it. That, alone, might change the way he plays the game.

Bret Favre played pretty effectively late in his career. I think manning is going to prove all the nay sayers wrong and be great.

Edited by first_and_ten

So pats win the div, Miami is wc, and we still have the jets... Where's that leave us? Sweet scenario you lay out.

The only truly positive scenario for this team all starts with a new owner, what happens until then with other teams in the division is irrelevant.

And what do you expect "his" people to say with so much money on the line--that he'll never play again?

And what do you expect "his" people to say with so much money on the line--that he'll never play again?

I would hope a respected surgeon would not misrepresent the truth about Manning's health. I think it's a stretch to say that the surgeon is "his" people. And who are these people saying his nerves are not regenerating? Because It sure appears the Colt's organization, especially Irsay, would love it if he retired and could not play again. They don't want to cut the guy who made that whole franchise. Then if he goes elsewhere and wins big, how bad will they look then?

Edited by first_and_ten