Boom!!!!

I'd like to know what the last thing is that Dave read at all.

Seriously...no "Dick and Jane" jokes, comic book jokes, coloring book jokes, back-of-the-cereal-box jokes. DiN, what's the last thing you read that wasn't a headline?

Oh, I'm constantly reading. I read about 150 pages of a Al Capone bio, which was great, but how many gangland killings can you read about. I've just started a George Wallace bio, and before that I went through "Almost A Miracle" about the American Revolution, best book about the revolution I've ever read, I highly recommend it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm constantly reading. I read about 150 pages of a Al Capone bio, which was great, but how many gangland killings can you read about. I've just started a George Wallace bio, and before that I went through "Almost A Miracle" about the American Revolution, best book about the revolution I've ever read, I highly recommend it.

Did you read the actual poll that the article was based on?

Did you read the actual poll that the article was based on?

He couldnt have, none of us could, because the "pollsters did such a laughable job. Like sampling general population adults rather than registered or likely voters. They’ve also dispensed with reporting partisan identification for reasons that only they know. Perhaps,they have something to hide.

Its very likely that they wildly oversampled Democrats, even though declared Dems have decreased all across the U.S.

Hot Air

He couldnt have, none of us could, because the "pollsters did such a laughable job. Like sampling general population adults rather than registered or likely voters. They’ve also dispensed with reporting partisan identification for reasons that only they know. Perhaps,they have something to hide.

Its very likely that they wildly oversampled Democrats, even though declared Dems have decreased all across the U.S.

Hot Air

I actually skimmed through the poll and saw several good laughs. I don't think Davey ever reads the source article, maybe just the article or headline. He makes a lot of stupid assumptions. He doesn't answer questions when someone attemps to pin him down.

Obama is up now, perceptions of economy is improving, bloody battle in the GOP and all the negative campaigning is having it's toll on their unfavorability ratings, fractured GOP base haven't even come close to coalescing around any candidate yet, media is beginning to kick right into leftist campaign mode and a series of unforced errors on Romney's behalf is playing perfectly right into the caricature they are painting him as.

If election were held today, Romney would most likely lose. Having said that, we are a long ways out from the election, many unknown variables will play a factor, the economy could improve or it may do what it has the last two years which is start off the year with decent employment numbers only to see it drop back off again. We will without a doubt see the COnservative base coalesce much more so than now, but to what extent? depends on how fired up the base is to see Obama defeated and who Romney's VP selection will be. As of right now, they aren't fired up AT ALL during this Primary process, which means that Romney is gonna need a knockout selection as his VP choice.

Rubio would do it, but he has stated more than a few times that he wouldn't accept, if not him, Paul Ryan is about the only other guy I can think of that could fire up the base, without alienating independents.

Obama is up now, perceptions of economy is improving, bloody battle in the GOP and all the negative campaigning is having it's toll on their unfavorability ratings, fractured GOP base haven't even come close to coalescing around any candidate yet, media is beginning to kick right into leftist campaign mode and a series of unforced errors on Romney's behalf is playing perfectly right into the caricature they are painting him as.

If election were held today, Romney would most likely lose. Having said that, we are a long ways out from the election, many unknown variables will play a factor, the economy could improve or it may do what it has the last two years which is start off the year with decent employment numbers only to see it drop back off again. We will without a doubt see the COnservative base coalesce much more so than now, but to what extent? depends on how fired up the base is to see Obama defeated and who Romney's VP selection will be. As of right now, they aren't fired up AT ALL during this Primary process, which means that Romney is gonna need a knockout selection as his VP choice.

Rubio would do it, but he has stated more than a few times that he wouldn't accept, if not him, Paul Ryan is about the only other guy I can think of that could fire up the base, without alienating independents.

Paul Ryan would be a disaster for Romney, an older electorate will not vote for cutting medicare.

Foreign policy could still be the big wild card. Syria, Iran and who knows what else? That could break either way

Paul Ryan would be a disaster for Romney, an older electorate will not vote for cutting medicare.

Foreign policy could still be the big wild card. Syria, Iran and who knows what else? That could break either way

I don't believe so, there is a possibility that they could demagogue Ryan's plan so much that they could scare away some voters,but there are some indications that wouldn't be the case. One of them is that Ryans favorability ratings are throught the roof including with Seniors in his home state. Two, the plan he has introduced doesn't touch anyone on Medicare's plan unless they are the age of 53 or less. And last but not least, Ryan is about as intelligent as they come, he understands policies at an exceptionaly high level, he knows his **** and he is a phenomenal communicator.

He is the type of guy that independents would love, and he would be able to communicate conservative causes much more effectively than Romney ever could without sounding like your typical partisan Republican.

I'm not saying that choosing Ryan comes without risk, because without a doubt the DNC would attack Ryan's medicare plan. Having said that, he is one of the few men that have the balls to actually attempt to address our Medicare problems, where was the president on this issue? That will be a contrast that could work to their favor, while Obama created a defict commission that came out with their solutions, what did the president do about it? Nothing.

Ryan layed out his budget and attemp to solve Medicare and for that without a doubt he will pick up independents that care about the deficit and that have an interest at solving our entitlement issues.