Oops

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't currently own a gun. I have in the past. But owning a gun doesn't mean you have an obligation to use it without thinking.

Some advice. If you ever own a gun again, try to figure out what your parameters of using it are well in advance of an "instance". Know what's legal and acceptable to yourself.

I don't currently own a gun. I have in the past. But owning a gun doesn't mean you have an obligation to use it without thinking.

I guess that's where we differ: If I'm at home alone with my three year old and someone starts to take a chainsaw to my door, I AM thinking and I'm thinking it's time to start shooting at whatever the hell is on the other side of the door. Granted, if I hear them yelling "FBI!" before the chainsaw comes out, that is different. But if I have no idea what is happening, the last thing I plan to do is wait to see how it all turns out before the guy with the chainsaw makes it through the door.

But that's just me. I live in the suburbs, so we randomly shoot at crazy chainsaw people pretty much all the time.

I guess that's where we differ: If I'm at home alone with my three year old and someone starts to take a chainsaw to my door, I AM thinking and I'm thinking it's time to start shooting at whatever the hell is on the other side of the door. Granted, if I hear them yelling "FBI!" before the chainsaw comes out, that is different. But if I have no idea what is happening, the last thing I plan to do is wait to see how it all turns out before the guy with the chainsaw makes it through the door.

But that's just me. I live in the suburbs, so we randomly shoot at crazy chainsaw people pretty much all the time.

Yes, but you live in the inhumane suburbs where that would be highly unlikely. What would John Wawrow do?

Real funny make fun of dead people. You fit right in.

I thought you had the problem with the fatandcrazyguy. Leave Rob alone, after all he's out protesting on the streets in tents and probably can't get a good wi-fi connection.

In some ways I would enjoy it. Chain saw going thru the door? Load a 30 round in the mini 14, pull up a chair and watch and wait.

From what I understand is she didn't hear anyone yell FBI before the chainsaw came though the door. Had she had a gun and just started shooting chances are she gets taken out by other agents before she can get off a second shot.

The difference between me and you in this situation is I most likely live to take care of my 3 year old daughter and you don't.

From what I understand is she didn't hear anyone yell FBI before the chainsaw came though the door. Had she had a gun and just started shooting chances are she gets taken out by other agents before she can get off a second shot.

The difference between me and you in this situation is I most likely live to take care of my 3 year old daughter and you don't.

That is exactly why this situation is so !@#$ed up. Because the other 98% of the time when someone is taking a chainsaw or ax to your door, the right move is to shoot first and ask questions later. That's why when you're doing an operation like this you can't be keystone cops about it because you could wind up with blood on your hands.

It sounds to me like your answer in any situation is not to shoot, but rather to hide in the bedroom with the door locked, call the cops, and cower helplessly in fear hoping the cops get there before the intruder figures out how to get through 1/4" of particle board. In that scenario my biggest concern is having to replace the bloody carpet. You, on the other hand, might get the privilege of watching your child die.

Then in this example your right in the 98% of the time when the police don't make an inexcusable mistake and its a gang breaking into your house to kill you rob your house run a train on your wife and molest your children before killing them....then the situation is different

What is the more likely reason some unknown group is butchering your door to break into your house for unknown reasons ? Police incompetence or crime ?

That is exactly why this situation is so !@#$ed up. Because the other 98% of the time when someone is taking a chainsaw or ax to your door, the right move is to shoot first and ask questions later. That's why when you're doing an operation like this you can't be keystone cops about it because you could wind up with blood on your hands.

It sounds to me like your answer in any situation is not to shoot, but rather to hide in the bedroom with the door locked, call the cops, and cower helplessly in fear hoping the cops get there before the intruder figures out how to get through 1/4" of particle board. In that scenario my biggest concern is having to replace the bloody carpet. You, on the other hand, might get the privilege of watching your child die.

I don't think you quite understand what I was saying.

1 As far as I can tell she didn't have a gun so I don't think she really had any other choice.

2 I didn't say you should go hide in the bedroom with the door locked. I said the best thing to do is hold the door at gunpoint until you know what's going on. There's no easy answer to the question of what to do in this situation. In my opinion, holding the door at gunpoint is the right move.

:lol:

Are you really so stupid you don't think the agents return fire? Never mind, don't answer that.

Rather than just start shooting maybe the better thing to do would be to hold your front door at gunpoint until you know what's going on. That way when you see a bunch of guys with FBI vests on you know not to shoot and you would have less of a chance of being shot yourself.

Once the whole thing was over you could sue the living **** out of them.

P.S.

This thread title was paid for by the coalition to elect Rick Perry. And he approves this thread.

OK, so you are going to hold your front door at gunpoint until you see the guys with FBI vests on? Do you have any idea what they might do if they see you pointing a weapon at them? Bigfatusedtobealive(sort of)bills fan.