Slurs banned at stadium

From a "feelings" standpoint, you are correct.

Tell me which is worse, though: a pack of straight men calling Tom Brady a "f-gg-t," or a pack of straight man using the same word to taunt a known homosexual?

Does the word mean the same thing in both instances?

I would argue, no, it does not. Nor does it have the same intentions.

Yes, in both cases it's an insult to homosexuals.

I take it you haven't seen Brady's carnival dance clip on youtube

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is calling Brady a faggot really implying that there is something inherently wrong with gays, or could it just imply that he lacks masculinity (a desirable trait in a football player that is on average lacking among gay men)?

Is calling him a kitty implying that kitty is categorically bad, or just that kitty isn't a desirable trait in a football player?

On the flip side, is calling a masculine chick a dude offensive because because there is something wrong with men, or is it offensive because women tend to want to be feminine and men tend to want to be masculine?

I don't know. I know that things are !@#$ed up beyond belief & I have nothing original to say about any of it. I don't have an answer. I don't have a !@#$in message.

Is calling Brady a faggot really implying that there is something inherently wrong with gays, or could it just imply that he lacks masculinity (a desirable trait in a football player that is on average lacking among gay men)?

Is calling him a kitty implying that kitty is categorically bad, or just that kitty isn't a desirable trait in a football player?

On the flip side, is calling a masculine chick a dude offensive because because there is something wrong with men, or is it offensive because women tend to want to be feminine and men tend to want to be masculine?

I don't know. I know that things are !@#$ed up beyond belief & I have nothing original to say about any of it. I don't have an answer. I don't have a !@#$in message.

Wrap your head around this- not only are there probably gay fans around you but I bet gay players on that field.... And by the way, how's that lack of masculinity worked out for tom?

Edited by NoSaint

We decided that children would have more self-esteem if we taught them how to be victims and get easily offended instead.

Are people actually more easily offended today, or is that a truism? Off the top of my head, dueling is no longer an acceptable response to a perceived offense.

Let's face it...humans are social animals that tend to get emotional. That's past, present and future.

Are people actually more easily offended today, or is that a truism? Off the top of my head, dueling is no longer an acceptable response to a perceived offense.

Let's face it...humans are social animals that tend to get emotional. That's past, present and future.

Maybe people wouldn't act like such mindless, rude, insensitive idiots in public if they knew someone might get offended enough to stab them in the heart over it.

I agree that there's no reason for people to act like asshats at a football game or anywhere else and am always shocked by the # of people here that defend their right to scream F-bombs in front of women and children because they happen to be watching sports. I'm just not a fan of the Big Brother approach to dealing with the problem, because that's how we ended up in the current PC environment where peoples lives and careers are ruined over one 'offensive' word or comment.