1.7%

B-Man

You mean how Jimmy Carter raised interest rates to set the economy straighht for Reagan? Come on, just admit that

Wow :lol:

Carter didn't raise the rates just like Obama isn't keeping interest rates down now. There's this thing called the Federal Reserve. You may have noticed I'm not a big fan of the Fed, but that's neither here nor there.

The Fed sets the interest rates not the President.

Carter didn't raise the rates just like Obama isn't keeping interest rates down now. There's this thing called the Federal Reserve. You may have noticed I'm not a big fan of the Fed, but that's neither here nor there.

Oh no, Carter purposely raised interest rates, unemployment and inflation just to make Reagan look good.

Wow was sufficient. I knew all the attention he's been getting lately would encourage him to more and more profoundly stupid posts.

He will be back later today with his second act: The Clinton Surplus Story.

Hey CBO...shut your yap and get in line.

The Congressional Budget Office on Tuesday predicted the budget deficit will rise to $1.08 trillion in 2012.

CBO also projected the jobless rate would rise to 8.9 percent by the end of 2012, and to 9.2 percent in 2013.

These are much dimmer forecasts than in CBO's last report in August, when the office projected a $973 billion deficit. The report reflects weaker corporate tax revenue and the extension for two months of the payroll tax holiday.

A rising deficit and unemployment rate would hamper President Obama's reelection effort, which in recent weeks has seemed to be on stronger footing.

If the CBO estimate is correct, it would mean that the United States recorded a deficit of more than $1 trillion for every year of Obama’s first term.

The deficit was $1.4 trillion in 2009, $1.3 trillion in 2010 and $1.3 trillion in 2011. The largest deficit recorded before that was $458 billion in 2008.

In case anyone was alarmed by the recently posted article about the crushing deficit numbers, you will feel slightly better if you get your news from MSNBC, where bad news can always look like good news if you're a Democrat.

MSNBC Headline: US Deficit Falls Slightly :lol:

If they were being truly biased, they'd have written that the deficit fell by $200B dollars.