Moon Colony

JoeF

oh Christ, not this again. And what, exactly would one DO at a moon base? That can't be done robotically?

Also of note, I see that while both GOP candidates (otherwise known as "Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich) both believe in a strong space program, both were quick to mention that NASA isn't getting more funds. Kind of makes the idea of a giant moon battlestation "pie in the sky"?

oh Christ, not this again. And what, exactly would one DO at a moon base? That can't be done robotically?

Also of note, I see that while both GOP candidates (otherwise known as "Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich) both believe in a strong space program, both were quick to mention that NASA isn't getting more funds. Kind of makes the idea of a giant moon battlestation "pie in the sky"?

Build a Disneyland.

This just in: The much-reported moon base, championed by Newt Gingrich, will take its basic design from Washington, DC. In the event either the earth or the moon require an enema in the future, the "nozzle" will be inserted at that specific location. For ease of reference, both have been named @$$town.

Great--another frickin option for Bills relocation. At least no one would B word about Fitzy's arm strength...

http://news.yahoo.com/wolf-newt-moon-colony-granted-us-statehood-video-080132241.html

Surprised Buffalo Native Wolf Blitzer didn't bring up this important issue of Bills relocation to the moon..

Just a little late.

http://www.space1999.net/

:thumbsup: Awesome reference!

Was wondering if anyone would get that.

How come they've made Starship Troopers and The Puppet Masters into movies (and truly execrable ones, no less), but haven't touched The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress. You can't tell me that story couldn't be done as an excellent blend of drama and action. Chou Yun-Fat as Mannie, Keira Knightley as Wyoh, Robert DeNero as the professor, and Colin Firth as Mike (or Paul Bettany...but that's he's already Jarvis in Iron Man.)