coaching of the Bills

zazie

I wouldn't rank Mularkey above any of them honestly. But I was living out of town during those years. You also forgot Wade and I'd rank it like this:

Wade

Greggo/Chan

Chan/Greggo

Jauron

Mularkey

Wade WAS the best of the sorry bunch,you are correct!

Wade WAS the best of the sorry bunch,you are correct!

Unfortunately he's a much better DC than a HC. Which is the same for MOST of the coaches we've given opportunities to.

Wade= good DC, bad HC

Greggo= good DV, bad HC

Mularkey= decent OC, bad HC

Jauron= average (at best) DB Coach, horrible HC

so far Chan is looking like a much better OC than a HC but I don't think he's that bad, just needs more talent to do what he wants to do. However his playcalling especially at the end of the season was very suspect.

Unfortunately he's a much better DC than a HC. Which is the same for MOST of the coaches we've given opportunities to.

Wade= good DC, bad HC

Greggo= good DV, bad HC

Mularkey= decent OC, bad HC

Jauron= average (at best) DB Coach, horrible HC

so far Chan is looking like a much better OC than a HC but I don't think he's that bad, just needs more talent to do what he wants to do. However his playcalling especially at the end of the season was very suspect.

repeatedly and relentlessly so. He did not learn, and he did not listen. Good thing he never married OJ, he would be missing his head by now.

Wade was a very good head coach. Let's break it down.

Denver

Season one: playoffs

Season two: 8-8

Buffalo

Season one: playoffs

Season two: playoffs

Season three_ 8-8

Dallas

13-3, 9-7, 10-6, fired the following season

The year he took over each franchise the team's record improved that year. I know he didn't wear a head set, but the bills haven't made the playoffs since he left.

None of these coaches had a chance to succeed with quarterbacks like Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, Kelly Holcomb, J.P. Losman, Trent Edwards.....

Gregg Williams wasted our only 'best of the mediocre' quarterbacks in Bledsoe and must be at the bottom of the list.

Wade Phillips will always be top of the list because our defense was dominating and we should have won a road playoff game despite our special teams.

What I like about Chan is that he is willing to admit that his strength is offense and let someone more qualified run the defense.

Andy Reid should have been FIRED for allowing his defense to be run by a greenhorn non-defensive minded DC... inexcusable for him to be let off the hook for that.