WR situation

KEYS TO OFFSEASON:

1st: resign stevie.. he is not a true 1 but in our offense we dont need a true one cuz fact is we can play with multiple sets and spread ball around which makes it harder to defend cuz they dont know who to double team... we have 2 VERY solid RB's (dont think they should pay freddy big bucks, he is still under contract, either rework deal for 30 yr old back prices or trade him...) we are too cheap to spend big $ on a 30 yr old RB when he drafted spiller in 1st and RB r easy to come by... would be very replaceable with a vet guy that can take 10 carries a game in tough yardage for use spiller for 15-20 carries and catches out of backfield... once we re-sign stevie, sign another 1B WR or a good 2 WR... guys like veincent jackson, bowe, even meachem etc..... i would think balt might cut evans after yesterday and i still think he can be productive, he made a few solid catches and that catch in endzone looked good and should have AT LEAST went to replay.. made a huge catch week b4 and had a few under neath catches yesterday.. i think his ego will be alot smaller and realize if he wants to be a player in league... hes got to be better route runner and not jsut a bomb threat... if he came back humbled... and accept being #2 and still have nelson who i love as slot guy and our other young guys, we would have a great WR corp...

2nd: either resign chandler to under 5 mil a yr... hes not worth more.. plenty of guys avaiale to fit his role and has solid hands and great redzone threat but he cant stretch a D like other modern day TE's... TE could be crucial position is used correctly and all big O's have a legit TE..

3rd: add some depth at tackle and hopefully resign bell to REASONABLE deal... we need to be smart in our negotiating, guys has proved to be VERY good when healthy but its evident guy gets nicked up and misses games... i think he could probably get paid bigger $ in FA but i think alot of teams see draft as better area to get a starting LT and cheaper cuz he always gets hurt.. with hairston having a yr under his belt and full offseason, 2nd yr u see biggest improvement in oline.. wood and levtire have come along and RT is safe now with pears.. id bring in a solid wing tackle who can back up both sides and possibly move to guard like nix has stated.

3rd: sign a good DB and a vet pass rusher.. DB should be startable with williams.. get rid of old weight in mcgee and florence and i still think between leodis and rogers we have a 3rd and 4th CB and spend a mid round pick on CB and another late pick pick on 1... we need a situational pass rushing vet who doesnt need to be every down player.. in a 4-3 our tackles are set... kelsay will be solid at 1 spot and we via draft we go mainly D especially in early rounds... draft speed and players from SEC d's... would love to upshaw in 1st... and hightower type in 2nd.. i think we can get a starting olb or pass rushing DE with 10th pick and to have him rotate with kelsay and a vet pick up on ends are fine assuming we are in 4'3 and carrington is 4th in rotation..

LBs- shepp is a player and can stay in middle and think we would barnett Outside.. barnett would be better outside than inside in a 4-3 cuz he bitzes better than shepp and covers better... shepp is better in the grind inside.. we need to draft a LB and DE in 1st 2 rounds...

rest of draft.. hopefully get mid round TE will upside, i wouldnt be opposed to a guy like fleener in 2nd or 3rd if he drops but with era of TE, dont think he lasts till 3rd..

add 2 Cb's for depth, our safeties are fine with byrd at FS and wilson and searcy backing him up at SS..

et 5th or later QB in guy like keenum has has WON and is no timmy chang, hes 100 times than those system QB;s and dont forget , our O is alot plike a college spread.. he would actually fit our system well.. i am not a fitz lover but no QB this yr outside of top 2 who we wont have a chance for is worth a pick in top 3 rounds...im so sick of those one puts who keeps chirper about tannenhill, hes a loser and has way too much risk , big arm and good legs but no football IQ which is cvrucial in our style of O.. bring in backup QB in free agency like a quinn who could easily come to us with us bringing in LEE as qb coach..

i think this yr proved we had a ot of potential and got to develop alot of young guys who will be alot better next yr.. we have more hope than in a while... i wish we got a real QB, but this thread is meant to be realistic not just what i WANT us to do.. i see everything here making sense and from a financial stand point makes sense with our cheap FO.. we could easily be a player contender with 2-3 solid FA not guys like brad smith who we overpaid and didnt suit ANY need... soend that kind of money to an impact player...

We definitely need SJ and another WR, no doubt.

You suggested that FJ, could be "easily replaced". I say BS. How many mediocre RB's have we had since Thurman Thomas? FJ was the best RB in the league in the first half of the season last year, I don't think that's easily replaced.

Barnett is a stud, and has played well at both 4-3 MLB and 3-4 OLB, he's not moving. Sheppard has yet to prove that he is "a player" IMO.

I'd love to see the Bills sign Chandler for under 5 Mil as you stated, but I don't think it's going to happen. Chandler was our best red zone threat in a very long time, but I get the sense that Gailey want's a speed guy. The Bills have so many holes to fill that I think this one will end up getting overlooked and we are headed back to the days of no impact TE...

I would take McGee or Florence over Leodis McKelvin any day, and I would think one of the two will still be here next year. McGee is good, too bad he's made of glass.

Fred is very replaceable.....I stopped there. No, he's not. Spiller is good. Fred is great. Fred was intstamental in 5 wins. Spiller, 1. He's the heart and soul of the team, something that is never "very repace. Pay the man like you promised Buddy.

I'd love to see the Bills sign Chandler for under 5 Mil as you stated, but I don't think it's going to happen. Chandler was our best red zone threat in a very long time, but I get the sense that Gailey want's a speed guy. The Bills have so many holes to fill that I think this one will end up getting overlooked and we are headed back to the days of no impact TE...

Visanthe Shianco could probably be had for less. I know he's not the total package, but let's face it, neither is Chandler.

Visanthe Shianco could probably be had for less. I know he's not the total package, but let's face it, neither is Chandler.

The thing is, Chandler works for us. He works with Fitz. We need to at least keep him around because losing him and SJ would be huge.

I think this was a good article you took the time to actually explain yourself so whether anyone agrees or not, at least you were thorough. I agree with most of what you're saying but not too sure I would let florence go. McGee I think we should definitely cut him, he can't stay healthy to save his life. I also think that we need to sign chandler back, he was a major factor in how defenses schemed against us and I think we've all been waiting for a real TE for damn near 10 years. We need to pay Freddie Jackson, it's time we pay players who actually produce and trading him just doesn't make any sense to me at all. We need to bring in another WR for sure. Mario Williams would be great but the question is would he fit our scheme? For some reason we aren't letting go of this hybrid theory crap. The team is totally ineffective using 3-4 and it needs to go.

The thing is, Chandler works for us. He works with Fitz. We need to at least keep him around because losing him and SJ would be huge.

I don't see the Bills drafting a TE high as it's apparently a weak class, nor do I see them addressing the position in UFA. Still, during Buffalo's march to 5-2, after the KC win he was essentially invisible inside the twenties despite 4 TD catches between Weeks 2 and 7. I suppose that's not bad, but his blocking isn't anything to write home about either, so he's not going to get a lot attention in UFA I'd imagine.

This would definitely be a position of need, but with pass rush, OLT, WR2, CB, and LB being ahead, the chances of a more versatile threat there isn't happening anytime soon.

KEYS TO OFFSEASON:

1st: resign stevie.. he is not a true 1 but in our offense we dont need a true one cuz fact is we can play with multiple sets and spread ball around which makes it harder to defend cuz they dont know who to double team... we have 2 VERY solid RB's (dont think they should pay freddy big bucks, he is still under contract, either rework deal for 30 yr old back prices or trade him...) we are too cheap to spend big $ on a 30 yr old RB when he drafted spiller in 1st and RB r easy to come by... would be very replaceable with a vet guy that can take 10 carries a game in tough yardage for use spiller for 15-20 carries and catches out of backfield... once we re-sign stevie, sign another 1B WR or a good 2 WR... guys like veincent jackson, bowe, even meachem etc..... i would think balt might cut evans after yesterday and i still think he can be productive, he made a few solid catches and that catch in endzone looked good and should have AT LEAST went to replay.. made a huge catch week b4 and had a few under neath catches yesterday.. i think his ego will be alot smaller and realize if he wants to be a player in league... hes got to be better route runner and not jsut a bomb threat... if he came back humbled... and accept being #2 and still have nelson who i love as slot guy and our other young guys, we would have a great WR corp...

2nd: either resign chandler to under 5 mil a yr... hes not worth more.. plenty of guys avaiale to fit his role and has solid hands and great redzone threat but he cant stretch a D like other modern day TE's... TE could be crucial position is used correctly and all big O's have a legit TE..

3rd: add some depth at tackle and hopefully resign bell to REASONABLE deal... we need to be smart in our negotiating, guys has proved to be VERY good when healthy but its evident guy gets nicked up and misses games... i think he could probably get paid bigger $ in FA but i think alot of teams see draft as better area to get a starting LT and cheaper cuz he always gets hurt.. with hairston having a yr under his belt and full offseason, 2nd yr u see biggest improvement in oline.. wood and levtire have come along and RT is safe now with pears.. id bring in a solid wing tackle who can back up both sides and possibly move to guard like nix has stated.

3rd: sign a good DB and a vet pass rusher.. DB should be startable with williams.. get rid of old weight in mcgee and florence and i still think between leodis and rogers we have a 3rd and 4th CB and spend a mid round pick on CB and another late pick pick on 1... we need a situational pass rushing vet who doesnt need to be every down player.. in a 4-3 our tackles are set... kelsay will be solid at 1 spot and we via draft we go mainly D especially in early rounds... draft speed and players from SEC d's... would love to upshaw in 1st... and hightower type in 2nd.. i think we can get a starting olb or pass rushing DE with 10th pick and to have him rotate with kelsay and a vet pick up on ends are fine assuming we are in 4'3 and carrington is 4th in rotation..

LBs- shepp is a player and can stay in middle and think we would barnett Outside.. barnett would be better outside than inside in a 4-3 cuz he bitzes better than shepp and covers better... shepp is better in the grind inside.. we need to draft a LB and DE in 1st 2 rounds...

rest of draft.. hopefully get mid round TE will upside, i wouldnt be opposed to a guy like fleener in 2nd or 3rd if he drops but with era of TE, dont think he lasts till 3rd..

add 2 Cb's for depth, our safeties are fine with byrd at FS and wilson and searcy backing him up at SS..

et 5th or later QB in guy like keenum has has WON and is no timmy chang, hes 100 times than those system QB;s and dont forget , our O is alot plike a college spread.. he would actually fit our system well.. i am not a fitz lover but no QB this yr outside of top 2 who we wont have a chance for is worth a pick in top 3 rounds...im so sick of those one puts who keeps chirper about tannenhill, hes a loser and has way too much risk , big arm and good legs but no football IQ which is cvrucial in our style of O.. bring in backup QB in free agency like a quinn who could easily come to us with us bringing in LEE as qb coach..

i think this yr proved we had a ot of potential and got to develop alot of young guys who will be alot better next yr.. we have more hope than in a while... i wish we got a real QB, but this thread is meant to be realistic not just what i WANT us to do.. i see everything here making sense and from a financial stand point makes sense with our cheap FO.. we could easily be a player contender with 2-3 solid FA not guys like brad smith who we overpaid and didnt suit ANY need... soend that kind of money to an impact player...

ENOUGH WITH THIS KEENUM STUFF HE'S A LOSER!!!! and has way too much risk , small arm and little legs with no football IQ which is cvrucial in our style of O..

:nana:

College Stock Watch: Tannehill's ability second only to Luck's

There are several great college quarterback prospects. While Andrew Luck* is the nation's top signal-caller , the second spot isn't as clear.Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill has the athleticism, arm strength and intangibles to be a star.

With Aaron Rodgers the NFL's most dominant quarterback, more teams are seeking athletic passers who can play inside or outside of the pocket. Tannehill, a 6-foot-4, 222-pound receiver-turned-quarterback, has shown he can do damage with his feet or arm. He nimbly avoids rushers and has the mobility to pass once protection breaks down. While some athletic quarterbacks look to run first when leaving the pocket, Tannehill keeps his eyes up the field hoping to find an available receiver. His awareness and improvisational skills are impressive considering his lack of experience as a quarterback.

As a drop back passer, Tannehill is not quite as polished, but has the tools to make all of the throws. His arm strength is above average and he has excellent range on deep throws. From an accuracy standpoint, he is outstanding on short-to-intermediate passes. He excels on in-breaking routes between the hashes, but is also capable of delivering the ball with zip on deep outs and comebacks.

In looking at Tannehill's flaws, his inconsistency and touch on deep balls stands out. He routinely fails to connect with open receivers on vertical routes despite a strong arm. Some of his problems stem from his lack of timing and anticipation, which can be corrected with more experience.

Tannehill's limited résumé (13 games as a starter) is also a potential issue for evaluators. His learning curve likely will be steeper than more seasoned prospects.

However, the recent successes of Cam Newton and Mark Sanchez despite their limited playing history could alleviate those concerns and prompt a team to focus on Tannehill's immense potential as a franchise quarterback.

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d82336156/college-stock-watch-tannehills-ability-second-only-to-lucks/

I don't see the Bills drafting a TE high as it's apparently a weak class, nor do I see them addressing the position in UFA. Still, during Buffalo's march to 5-2, after the KC win he was essentially invisible inside the twenties despite 4 TD catches between Weeks 2 and 7. I suppose that's not bad, but his blocking isn't anything to write home about either, so he's not going to get a lot attention in UFA I'd imagine.

This would definitely be a position of need, but with pass rush, OLT, WR2, CB, and LB being ahead, the chances of a more versatile threat there isn't happening anytime soon.

There's some decent TEs in the second and beyond:

1 Clemson Dwayne Allen Jr 6'4" 255

2 Stanford Coby Fleener Sr 6'6" 250

3 Georgia Orson Charles Jr 6'3" 242

4 Missouri Michael Egnew Sr 6'5" 242

College Stock Watch: Tannehill's ability second only to Luck's

There are several great college quarterback prospects. While Andrew Luck* is the nation's top signal-caller , the second spot isn't as clear.Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill has the athleticism, arm strength and intangibles to be a star.

With Aaron Rodgers the NFL's most dominant quarterback, more teams are seeking athletic passers who can play inside or outside of the pocket. Tannehill, a 6-foot-4, 222-pound receiver-turned-quarterback, has shown he can do damage with his feet or arm. He nimbly avoids rushers and has the mobility to pass once protection breaks down. While some athletic quarterbacks look to run first when leaving the pocket, Tannehill keeps his eyes up the field hoping to find an available receiver. His awareness and improvisational skills are impressive considering his lack of experience as a quarterback.

As a drop back passer, Tannehill is not quite as polished, but has the tools to make all of the throws. His arm strength is above average and he has excellent range on deep throws. From an accuracy standpoint, he is outstanding on short-to-intermediate passes. He excels on in-breaking routes between the hashes, but is also capable of delivering the ball with zip on deep outs and comebacks.

In looking at Tannehill's flaws, his inconsistency and touch on deep balls stands out. He routinely fails to connect with open receivers on vertical routes despite a strong arm. Some of his problems stem from his lack of timing and anticipation, which can be corrected with more experience.

Tannehill's limited résumé (13 games as a starter) is also a potential issue for evaluators. His learning curve likely will be steeper than more seasoned prospects.

However, the recent successes of Cam Newton and Mark Sanchez despite their limited playing history could alleviate those concerns and prompt a team to focus on Tannehill's immense potential as a franchise quarterback.

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d82336156/college-stock-watch-tannehills-ability-second-only-to-lucks/

ur on serious crack... A&m was a preseason top 15 and looked how they stunk.... hes a LOSER... and i dont care what any article says, he wont make it in NFL

im not saying to replace freddy.. no reason to not hve BOTH on field... use spiller more like saints use sproles.. 4-5 catches and 10-12 carries a game and give freddy 20-25 touches.. im stating FREDDY is still under contract.. this is a bizz... make him a reasonable offer for his age even though hes coming off a career knee... hes also over 30 and coming off a big injury... buddy would not be a LIAR if he didnt pay freddy like he said he would... an outside variable came into effect.. a TRIP TO IR... that gives him leverage to re do freddys deal at bettter price.. remember, we need to save as much as possible cuz of how cheap we are.. dont just pay a guy based on ur WORD... hes still under contract... worst case scnerario he holds out and plays angry... but my feeling is, both sides will be reasonable and it will get done as will stevie... chandler is the odd man out cuz i dont think they care enough and feel like even though he was solid.. hes replaceable for less money cuz of his gaudy td numbers...

ur on serious crack... A&m was a preseason top 15 and looked how they stunk.... hes a LOSER... and i dont care what any article says, he wont make it in NFL

im not saying to replace freddy.. no reason to not hve BOTH on field... use spiller more like saints use sproles.. 4-5 catches and 10-12 carries a game and give freddy 20-25 touches.. im stating FREDDY is still under contract.. this is a bizz... make him a reasonable offer for his age even though hes coming off a career knee... hes also over 30 and coming off a big injury... buddy would not be a LIAR if he didnt pay freddy like he said he would... an outside variable came into effect.. a TRIP TO IR... that gives him leverage to re do freddys deal at bettter price.. remember, we need to save as much as possible cuz of how cheap we are.. dont just pay a guy based on ur WORD... hes still under contract... worst case scnerario he holds out and plays angry... but my feeling is, both sides will be reasonable and it will get done as will stevie... chandler is the odd man out cuz i dont think they care enough and feel like even though he was solid.. hes replaceable for less money cuz of his gaudy td numbers...

hey moron, look at date of that article.. b4 he stunk up joint and had most disappointing record for aggies when they had the team to do well..

Fred is very replaceable.....I stopped there. No, he's not. Spiller is good. Fred is great. Fred was intstamental in 5 wins. Spiller, 1. He's the heart and soul of the team, something that is never "very repace. Pay the man like you promised Buddy.

Took the words right out .... 100 % post.

hey moron, look at date of that article.. b4 he stunk up joint and had most disappointing record for aggies when they had the team to do well..

He when u can't win an arguement then call 'em names. Most people think Tannehill is a very good prospect... other than you. And anybody who thinks Freddie would be very replacable loses all cred'. Sorry.

Took the words right out .... 100 % post.

i didnt mean replaceable in that sense.. we just need to play hardball and not OVERPAY him.. hes 30+ and coming off a season ending injury, not to mention hes still under contract.. he should not be a priority.. worst case sceranio hes a training camp holdout and we work it out at end and hes a RB, no biggie if he shows up late, he knows O perfectly... we have more pressing needs to spend our $ on... they SHOULD PLAY BOTH RB'S.... give freddy 20-25 touhes a game via run and air and spiller 15ish... saints do it with sproles and use a bunch of guys as the regular back.. we use freddy as every down back and spiller gets full series, and stays on field on 3rd along with freddy cuz they are both great security blankets for QB... i amde VERY valid points and everything is doable and manageable.. this is still a business, dont just pay freddy top dollar cuz buddy have his word.... this is nfl... look at colts situation with MANNING.. things change after a major injury to a veteran player..

Dude you crack me up :worthy: :worthy: :lol: :lol: :devil: :devil:

Anyone who thinks offense is our "key" to the offseason is off their rocker.

We were 14th in the league in points scored (not great, but slightly better than average)...

We were 30th in the league in points given up.

The *real* key to the off season is turning our defense into something that isn't an absolute embarrassment.

The offense will get better when there isn't so much pressure on them.

Anyone who thinks offense is our "key" to the offseason is off their rocker.

We were 14th in the league in points scored (not great, but slightly better than average)...

We were 30th in the league in points given up.

The *real* key to the off season is turning our defense into something that isn't an absolute embarrassment.

The offense will get better when there isn't so much pressure on them.

D we should draft and sign FA for depth and maybe 1 solid starter...